Thread: Kesler, Seguin or Wheeler

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Kesler, Seguin or Wheeler

Scoring cats for skaters are G, A, +/-, PIM, Hits, Blks. All scoring cats are weighted equally. No positional requirements for forwards.

Who do you prefer for this season and the next 3 years?

Kesler
    Wheeler
    Seguin
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Pro

nice one! I'd rank them

Wheeler
    Kesler
    Seguin

If Seguin clicks with Benn in Dallas he could have most points of the 3, but won't contribute in the other cats.

Dobber Sports Genius

Kesler - 60-70 points. Downside is 50 points. Should be consistent on this level the next three years. Health is of course an issue, after the last couple seasons. Multi-cat beast. Up years can finish in the top 25 in the NHL scoring race. Value is potentially artificially low, as he played only a handful of games last year. This diminishes trust in the Fantasy world. A healthy, productive Kesler is the most valuable player on this list, in your format. Double check the hits and blocked shots CATS to be 100% certain how each of these players produces in these areas.

Seguin - brings the greatest risk/reward of this trio. Could finish as high as the top 10 in the NHL scoring race. Boston gave him up for a reason though. Will be given ample opportunity to succeed in Dallas. 65-70 points next season. Breakout possible. Downside over the next three years would be that he completely played himself out of favour. I think that's a pretty small chance though. Upside points could be point-a-game. Still in the high learning curve years.

Wheeler - he's mature. 60-70 points should be the window. Downside 50 points. Some think the best is still to come. Some, just aren't sure what to make of the big beast. I think he's the real deal. Career years should see him 25th to 40th in the NHL scoring race. I'm not so sure I'd be excited to see the Wheeler/Little/Ladd line broken up. It's an exceptionally well balanced trio that seems to work well off of each other.

I'd probably take Seguin, as he's so young, and the one in the bunch that could hit a home run. You don't recognize wingers. In leagues that do, I would for sure take Wheeler ahead of Kesler. I'd probably take Wheeler ahead of Kesler. Kesler is a multi-cat beast though.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Seguin
    Wheeler
    Kesler

Kesler isn't anywhere close to the same conversation as the other 2