Thread: Farm Team Audit

Administrator

Default Farm Team Audit

League in sig. Farm limit is 160 career GP for skaters and 80 for goalies. It's a very deep league with tons of farm space. I feel like I have a good group but I like coming here to hopefully remove the bias we all have towards over-valuing our own guys. Given the size of the farm teams I am ok with taking chances to develop guys with upside for this particular league (ie not from a points-only point of view).

I might end up having to drop a guy or two so I wanted to see if there is anyone you think does not belong or has no upside whatsoever.

Note: For cap reasons guys like Krug, Erixon and Scheifele will have to stay in the minors.

F:
    Alex Guptill (LW)
    Marek Hrivik (LW)
    Brad Ross (LW)
    Gabriel Bourque (LW)
    Ivan Telegin (LW/C)
    Kyle Flanagan (LW/C)
    Peter Holland (C)
    Corban Knight (C)
    Andy Miele (C)
    Kyle Rau (C)
    Mark Scheifele (C)
    Zach Budish (RW)
    Matej Stransky (RW)
    J.T. Brown (RW)
    Danill Tarasov (RW)
    Jimmy Hayes (RW)
    Kirill Petrov (RW)

Farm-eligible guys on pro: Richard Clune (LW), Tyler Johnson (C)

D:
    Tim Erixon
    Torey Krug
    Frank Corrado
    Magnus Nygren
    Patrick McNally
    Mark Cundari
    Alex Petrovic

Farm-eligible guys on pro: Michael Stone, Paul Postma

G:
    Richard Bachman
    Ed Pasquale
    Niklas Svedberg
    Philipp Grubauer

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The guys who stand out to me in a "meh" way are

Kyle Flanagan
    Kirill Petrov (I just think he's never coming over)

The others will probably have some usefulness in a 24 team league. How big are the team rosters and active spots?

There are some guys I'm a bit on the fence about, like Miele who needs to shit or get off the pot fairly soon.

Overall I like your farm team. Not too many guys to be completely gaga about, aside from Scheifele, but a lot to be excited about. The feel I get from it is that you have plenty of safe guys with moderately high ceilings. Lots of college players. Then again, it's a 24 team league. Are you allowed callups in the middle of the season? Because if you are then you have some nice emergency replacements here. In three years you'll have plenty of useful guys graduated from this farm team.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Monster

Your farm is highlighted by Scheifele. From there it goes right to " mid level" per se. One real high end and then a bunch of middle of the road type prospects. They'll give you value down the road but outside of Scheifele no " home run" type prospect. Good depth players eventually = valuable.

Administrator

Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    The guys who stand out to me in a "meh" way are

Kyle Flanagan
    Kirill Petrov (I just think he's never coming over)

The others will probably have some usefulness in a 24 team league. How big are the team rosters and active spots?

There are some guys I'm a bit on the fence about, like Miele who needs to shit or get off the pot fairly soon.

Overall I like your farm team. Not too many guys to be completely gaga about, aside from Scheifele, but a lot to be excited about. The feel I get from it is that you have plenty of safe guys with moderately high ceilings. Lots of college players. Then again, it's a 24 team league. Are you allowed callups in the middle of the season? Because if you are then you have some nice emergency replacements here. In three years you'll have plenty of useful guys graduated from this farm team.
    I'll answer some of the questions here:
    -Petrov was signed based on the report of him having an NHL job lined up for 2014-15. He might not take it but for now I'm holding onto him for that reason.
    -Yes we do get call-ups during the year. Two pro/farm swaps per week. Lots of NHL-ready guys in there including Cundari and Petrovic who I believe have big upside in this league.
    -Aside from Scheifele the other top prospects that I would have owned were moved for some main roster help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Your farm is highlighted by Scheifele. From there it goes right to " mid level" per se. One real high end and then a bunch of middle of the road type prospects. They'll give you value down the road but outside of Scheifele no " home run" type prospect. Good depth players eventually = valuable.
    Good cheap depth to help absorb my big contracts on the main roster.

Just wanted some opinions to make sure I'm not reaching on guys that I shouldn't own...

The Great One

That's a really deep roster. You must need to do some serious scouting to keep track of some of those guys...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    That's a really deep roster. You must need to do some serious scouting to keep track of some of those guys...
    It's a very competitive league so I don't have a choice. And it pays off too over the long run. These guys were picked up off the wire:

F:
    Alex Guptill (LW)
    Gabriel Bourque (LW)
    Kyle Flanagan (LW/C)
    Corban Knight (C)
    Kyle Rau (C)
    Zach Budish (RW)
    Matej Stransky (RW)
    Danill Tarasov (RW)
    Kirill Petrov (RW)
    Frank Corrado
    Magnus Nygren
    Patrick McNally
    Mark Cundari
    Michael Stone
    Ed Pasquale
    Philipp Grubauer

...meaning I didn't trade or use a draft pick to trade for any of them.