View Poll Results: Dan Boyle or Christian Ehrhoff?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dan Boyle

5 50.00%
  • Christian Ehrhoff

5 50.00%

Thread: Final Keeper - Boyle or Ehrhoff

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Final Keeper - Boyle or Ehrhoff

Hey guys, had a good finish last season so looking to compete again this year. My keepers (NOT league in sig) look decent and I need to decide between Dan Boyle and Ehrhoff. Cats are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Does Boyle have enough left in the tank for another solid season or is Ehrhoff close enough that it is time to let DB go in favour of a younger Dman?
    Thanks all
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Expert

Dan Boyle will probably have 5-10 points more, but he is 6 years older and in an age where defender tend to become less productive. I think it´s really close, but i´d take Ehrhoff.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    Hey guys, had a good finish last season so looking to compete again this year. My keepers (NOT league in sig) look decent and I need to decide between Dan Boyle and Ehrhoff. Cats are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Does Boyle have enough left in the tank for another solid season or is Ehrhoff close enough that it is time to let DB go in favour of a younger Dman?
    Thanks all

Would either player be a keeper for you after this coming season? If neither player would be akeeper for you beyond this season I'd go to well one more time with Boyle.

If one of these two would be a keeper after the season then go with Ehrhoff.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Really hard to say to be honest. All my top farm guys will remain farm-eligible after this season and I have no 1st rounder anymore so unless I draft a guy that really surprises then I would assume I would look to keep the Ehrhoff/Boyle selection
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw20 View Post
    Really hard to say to be honest. All my top farm guys will remain farm-eligible after this season and I have no 1st rounder anymore so unless I draft a guy that really surprises then I would assume I would look to keep the Ehrhoff/Boyle selection
    Then I'd go with Ehrhoff as he'll give you longer production. It's close anyway - but edge to Ehrhoff is you are keeping one of these guys. So I'd go with Ehrhoff.

Dobber Sports Pro

I love Boyle but I'd take Ehrhoff here.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by The Hockey Hitman View Post
    I love Boyle but I'd take Ehrhoff here.
    Ehrhoff is criminally under-rated in Buffalo; he's one of the few success stories in the last few years there.

For a very interested analysis on the value he brings to Buffalo, read this Travis Yost blog:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...5#.UhFW_n5zZD8

[Big_EV - this blog is dedicated to you ]