Thread: Fasth

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Fasth

A guy in our league is moving him. He wants a low salary player(our salaries are based on talent not actual salaries) and a late 1st or early 2nd pick. He offered this.

Brassard plus 2.04 for Fasth plus 2014 2nd (His 2014 2nd will prob be around 20th-24th. My 2.04 is 16th)

Should I take it, or offer less. Maybe Brassard plus 2.12

My thoughts are if I make this deal. I move Crawford for hopefully a great/elite forward.

Dobber Sports Expert

In general the trade is not too bad, but acquiring Fasth to move Crawford is a bad idea.

Fasth will split starts with Hiller at best at the beginning of the season, he could steal the job, but he could also just be the backup with around 30 starts.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dennis is right. Fasth is still an unknown, something of a risk since Hiller might be the starter. It wouldn't be a bad pick up but planning on moving Crawford after getting him is premature.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Since I'm not close to competing I figured move Crawford for a guy like Kopitar and a top 10 pick in the rookie draft. Then use Holtby/Markstrom/Fasth to get my G stats this season. I assume Fasth should get a shot a full time starter a season from now. Then hopefully Holtby and Markstrom solidify themselves. I think Crawford's value is an all-time high now, and will slowly regress over the next few seasons.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you're ok using it as a long-term move, I guess it makes some sense.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think Crawford is overrated and your young squad doesn't look ready to compete this year. From a fantasy perspective he's in a spectacular situation, but his weak glove hand and fits of sloppy play make me worry about his longevity. With Emery gone now he'll also be asked to shoulder more of the load - I think there are questions surrounding his ability to handle the load alone and work through the tough stretches. Kopitar is a stud, and the deal you mentioned for Fasth seems like good value for a guy who has a shot as a number 1 as early as this season. I like your thinking.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like the trade for you. I think beyond this season Fasth is Anaheim's starter for a while. I would use caution while shopping Crawford. Not 100% against suggesting you move him but has to be for a big forward upgrade. Otherwise it would make more sense to me to hold onto him. Maybe hope Ramo can get off to a good start and trade him then.

The Great One

If Crawford does not resign in Chicago next year, I think his value goes down the toilette. To me, Crawford is like Mike Smith - a pretty good goalie that is protected by a good team / coach / system.

If you can't compete this year, and can get a big upgrade somewhere else, I wouldn't hesitate in trading him.

Sure - Crawford might resign in Chicago. But until he does, there is a big cloud over his head from a longer-term perspective, in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Sage

If you trade Crawford now, you should be getting peak value. Let's look at some scenarios:

1) Crawford turns in another sub 2.00 GAA 93% SV% in which case he prices himself out of Chicago and all his future stats decrease. His trade value would probably go down. Granted, you would have a great year of production but it looks like you are rebuilding.

2) Crawford has a solid season but not a repeat of 2013 and resigns with the Hawks. If he signs a multi-year deal with the Hawks, he'll be solid top 15 goalie with the occasional outlier.

So if you are in a rebuild, trading Crawford for an elite forward is a solid move. Keep in mind with Fasth that Anaheim has Andersen and Gibson in the pipelines.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov