Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dobber Pro Leagues

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks.
    It still has to be cleared with Gates/Dobber if they are OK with somebody else managing the Tier Fantasy Leagues to keep them going.

Hopefully it's a go.
    Attached is an example of a schedule for the Tier IV leagues.

Any forum member would be allowed to join one of 12 pre-formed leagues (180 total spots) to play.
    GoogleDoc link would be set up to allow people to register themselves and pick a draft night that works for them.

See attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dobber Sports Initiate

I hope that the 3-Tiered Dobber Leagues continue.

I've been in the pro league for 2 seasons now and I would hate to miss out on another crack at making it to the Expert league.

I also recall some forum members proposing to continue the tradition in Dobber's absence.

Cheers

Six
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks Pengwin7 for putting so much thought into this, I hope it works out and we can continue.

Is Dobber no longer participating in this, or simply no longer running it? After all, he's the man to beat, right?

Same rules/cats as previously?
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    You and I both - the extent of my live hockey over here is occasionally watching the British Elite League. 'Elite' being used very loosely, especially with regards to Edinburgh. The extent of watching NHL is finding the occasional free stream online during a weekend - likely Sunday as you mentioned. But lately I haven't bothered much other than the playoffs.
    Wow, the EIHL. An old friend of mine played a season for the Basingstoke Bison 7 or 8 years ago. About a year before Theoren Fleury turned up. Sounded like a neat experience, though.

As for the French League Div 2 - three players have gone on to play in the NHL (or played in France after) - Michel Galarneau, Jean-Marc Gaulin, and Denis Duperé. Yup. Those guys.
    20-Team Keeper League

16-Team Keeper League

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Thanks.
    It still has to be cleared with Gates/Dobber if they are OK with somebody else managing the Tier Fantasy Leagues to keep them going.

Hopefully it's a go.
    Attached is an example of a schedule for the Tier IV leagues.

Any forum member would be allowed to join one of 12 pre-formed leagues (180 total spots) to play.
    GoogleDoc link would be set up to allow people to register themselves and pick a draft night that works for them.

See attached.
    Where are the pools actually run? Yahoo? ESPN?

Is there any way to prevent multiple accounts in the same league, people 'forgetting' to set lines when playing certain weeks etc since Tier IV will be open to all?
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by dooley89 View Post
    Where are the pools actually run? Yahoo? ESPN?

Is there any way to prevent multiple accounts in the same league, people 'forgetting' to set lines when playing certain weeks etc since Tier IV will be open to all?
    1. All leagues are run on Yahoo!
    Active roster: 12F/6D/2G (+5 Bench): 25 total players
    Skater cats: G,A,+-,PPP,SOG,Hits (no PIM)
    Goalie cats: W,SV,SV%

2. The league style is "Roto". Roto is a full-season collection of stats. The team with the most goals is awarded 16/16 possible points, in the "Goals Category". The team with the least goals is award 1/16 points, in the "Goals Category". You total up all your points across all categories. First place has the most total points.. If a team stops setting their line-up, it usually doesn't have a major negative impact. (Note: Sometimes it does though... I lost a roto league last year because a couple teams gave up at the end and the eventual 1st place team tracked down those inactive teams in a few categories. It's a downfall of roto that happens... unfortunately).

3. With my concept for Tier IV, two things would avoid collusion of "multiple accounts":
    i) People would join a league using a GoogleDoc sign-up. They would need to post their: ForumName, NumberOfPosts, email address. If somebody is joining as a new forum member just to get in a league, I have "ways" of cross-referencing whether they might be creating a dummy account to manipulate the standings.
    ii) For the reason you mentioned, I was thinking of making Tier IV as a "no trade league". This would avoid collusive trades, between people making multiple accounts.

1. All leagues are run on Yahoo!
    Active roster: 12F/6D/2G (+5 Bench): 25 total players
    Skater cats: G,A,+-,PPP,SOG,Hits (no PIM)
    Goalie cats: W,SV,SV%

2. The league style is "Roto". Roto is a full-season collection of stats. The team with the most goals is awarded 16/16 possible points, in the "Goals Category". The team with the least goals is award 1/16 points, in the "Goals Category". You total up all your points across all categories. First place has the most total points.. If a team stops setting their line-up, it usually doesn't have a major negative impact. (Note: Sometimes it does though... I lost a roto league last year because a couple teams gave up at the end and the eventual 1st place team tracked down those inactive teams in a few categories. It's a downfall of roto that happens... unfortunately).

3. With my concept for Tier IV, two things would avoid collusion of "multiple accounts":
    i) People would join a league using a GoogleDoc sign-up. They would need to post their: ForumName, NumberOfPosts, email address. If somebody is joining as a new forum member just to get in a league, I have "ways" of cross-referencing whether they might be creating a dummy account to manipulate the standings.
    ii) For the reason you mentioned, I was thinking of making Tier IV as a "no trade league". This would avoid collusive trades, between people making multiple accounts.
    Roto will definitely eliminate almost any collusion, good call! Similar to what you mentioned, I was able to climb about 6 spots by whoring goalie wins at the end of last season, my gaa and sv were beyond repair - but my forward categories were enough to make up for it!

I think a no-trade policy would be totally fine, all leagues (not just roto) come down to smart drafting and player management, and a good strategy depending on if there are max games played or not. I would 100% vote for no trades which would make it so much easier on the governing bodies as well!
    Yahoo 12 Team H2H
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W/ GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Suzuki
    LW: Tkachuk, Schwartz
    RW: Seguin, Bratt, Necas
    D: Josi, Letang, Rielly, Theodore, Chabot
    G: Hart, Knight, Hill
    IR: Murray

Dobber Sports Superstar

It looks well thought you to me Pengwin, and I, as I'm sure many others, appreciate the effort you're putting in here. I have been trying to get into one of the leagues for the past 2 years with no luck, and remain very interested in finally getting an opportunity.

When this finally is decided upon, do you expect there to be an announcement of some sort or we should likely just consult this thread to figure out when to join?

Cheers

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Gates has indicated that the Elite & Pro tiers will continue - in some form.
    For persons that play in those leagues... I'm sure you'll get your usual re-invite.

For the rest of us schmucks - I'll do my best to organize some "entry level" pools.
    Sign-up threads to be formed shortly. (In one-year pool, section).

The Wolverine

Gates has indicated that the Elite & Pro tiers will continue - in some form.
    For persons that play in those leagues... I'm sure you'll get your usual re-invite.
    Has Gates indicated in what form they will continue?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Has Gates indicated in what form they will continue?
    Informally, they will continue.
    The previous commissioners of those leagues (Elite, Pro-Campbell, Pro-Wales) will re-activate their leagues, I believe.
    Consider those leagues as existing on their own & snipping ties with the entry leagues.

I don't really know if the Entry winners will receive an invite UP or not.
    You'll have to PM Gates, to ask.
    You could also contact Chinny, who I believe commishes one of the Pro tiers.

If you do not receive any invite, you can always join Tier III.
    Or, we could discuss our own Top Tier league (using the top 3 finishers, , from each of last year's entry divisions).

I intend on taking a crack at forming some entry leagues, some type of Tier structure.
    It may not fit into the Elite & Pro leagues... but I still expect it to be fun.

Dobber Sports Ace

Any mention as to whether last year's Entry winners are invited up to Pro? If not, I'll sign up for the new tiers, but I hope we are.
    20-Team Keeper League

16-Team Keeper League

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by ccsitdown View Post
    Any mention as to whether last year's Entry winners are invited up to Pro? If not, I'll sign up for the new tiers, but I hope we are.
    I contacted Gates and he said the Entry winners will still be promoted to the Pro divisions and he'll be sending an email later this week.

Dobber Sports Ace

I contacted Gates and he said the Entry winners will still be promoted to the Pro divisions and he'll be sending an email later this week.
    Sweet, thanks for the update!
    20-Team Keeper League

16-Team Keeper League

The Great One

Quick update - Expert League had our draft last night. Fun was had by all, and I believe someone (Steve?) is going to post the results for all of you to review (and, in the case of my team, ridicule) in the coming days. I'm not sure what more will be done beyond that.