Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dobber Pro Leagues

The Wolverine

Default Dobber Pro Leagues

I know it's still early, but I was wondering when you'll be organising the divisions, and letting everyone know? Especially those like me who managed to win the Entry division and know we'll be promoted, but unsure to which division. Will information come our way before Yahoo opens up or wait until it's all set up there?

Thanks in advance.

The Wolverine

Refreshing just in case anyone has information. Given that Yahoo opens up in 2-3 weeks, I figured some information might be available, especially since it's a recurring structure. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Pro

I won a entry div. I would love time to prepare for the draft.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Curse you both. jk

I finished 3rd so... UEFA Fantasy Hockey League???

Dobber Sports Giant

I've wanted to be a part of this for a long time, but have never had the guts to actually try to join or anything ... so, how do I go about entering one of these leagues to work my way up to the pros?

I think I've got what it takes.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I've wanted to be a part of this for a long time, but have never had the guts to actually try to join or anything ... so, how do I go about entering one of these leagues to work my way up to the pros?

I think I've got what it takes.

1. Buy the Dobber Fantasy Hockey Guide.
    2. In September, he opens up invitations into the Tier III league.
    If you win that, you get a promotion to the Tier II (PRO) league.
    If you win that, you get a promotion to the Tier I (ELITE) league - with Dobber, Angus, and the writers.

There are four Tier III leagues with 15-16 teams.
    So I think he accepts about 60 people to enter the lowest TIER to prove themselves.

It's a very fun competition and it was my favourite league last year to strategize for. I finished 3rd... which I'm still bitter about because my strategy was really, really good. (hf and I discussed some strategy during the season - we were in different leagues). I simply picked the wrong goalies... which was completely bondon's fault (Bryz & Varly - jk, bondon) and with the weekly starts, Malkin was a gimpy tease that cost me a bunch of games. I also had a very fierce league with lots of active managers. Team that won (Savages) thoroughly deserved his championship.

(but pretty obvious that I'm still bitter about not winning, eh!? )

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    1. Buy the Dobber Fantasy Hockey Guide.
    2. In September, he opens up invitations into the Tier III league.
    If you win that, you get a promotion to the Tier II (PRO) league.
    If you win that, you get a promotion to the Tier I (ELITE) league - with Dobber, Angus, and the writers.

There are four Tier III leagues with 15-16 teams.
    So I think he accepts about 60 people to enter the lowest TIER to prove themselves.

It's a very fun competition and it was my favourite league last year to strategize for. I finished 3rd... which I'm still bitter about because my strategy was really, really good. (hf and I discussed some strategy during the season - we were in different leagues). I simply picked the wrong goalies... which was completely bondon's fault (Bryz & Varly - jk, bondon) and with the weekly starts, Malkin was a gimpy tease that cost me a bunch of games. I also had a very fierce league with lots of active managers. Team that won (Savages) thoroughly deserved his championship.

(but pretty obvious that I'm still bitter about not winning, eh!? )
    I need to get in on this party. Sounds like a whole lot of fun. I'd like to think I've got the stuff to make some noise in the lower divisions. Would be pretty cool to have the chance at competing against Dobber, Angus, etc.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Pro

Curse you both. jk

you were in my pool. We had a great battle all season. I agree that for a free pool it was very active. I thought that you did a great job of your pick ups each week. I would also say that I had a bit of luck with my goalies. A pair of Pens Goalies and Crawford. I was so worried when I drafted Crawford. Also got OVY at # 6
    Last edited by Savages; August 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM.
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Savages View Post
    I won a entry div. I would love time to prepare for the draft.
    Nobody is stopping you from preparing for the draft.. Buy the guide, load up on magazines, email Bob Mackenzie, get ready and prepare for the unexpected..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Nobody is stopping you from preparing for the draft.. Buy the guide, load up on magazines, email Bob Mackenzie, get ready and prepare for the unexpected..
    All I ment was knowing the scoring cats league set up. I have looked at the guide 1000 times lol I love reading it.

(IR)

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would like to give the tier III league a shot as well! I wanted to do a pro league on yahoo but it is not open to Canada. I'm coming off b2b titles in my league with some pretty serious hockey fans, but it might be going defunct this season. I joined a random yahoo roto league last year as well, but only half the league was active so it wasn't much of a challenge.
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Would love to try lower tier as well. One of my leagues is folding, so am looking to add another one. I have tried free yahoo leagues too and got the same. No activity makes for a crappy fantasy season.
    12 team, yahoo H2H Daily starts, keep 10
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SHP,SOG. W,SV%,SV,GAA,SHO
    2C,2LW,2RW,1Util,4D,2G
    C-RNH,
    LW-Benn,Kane, Drouin
    RW-Kessel,Ovechkin, Simmonds
    D-
    G-Lundqvist, Howard Gibson

The Wolverine

Curse you both. jk

That would be the Europa Fantasy Hockey League.

Quote Originally Posted by Savages View Post
    All I ment was knowing the scoring cats league set up. I have looked at the guide 1000 times lol I love reading it.
    The categories are the same as the entry but without PIM, unless they're changing them again but I doubt it since it was just last year when they made that change. I believe the Pros had 12 team divisions, but I guess that number will depend on Dobber's non-relegation (apparently he finished last) so not sure if there'll be a slight change somewhere.

What we don't know yet, and had enquired in the spring, was which division we'll be placed in. My initial enquiry above was to find out if any details have been confirmed yet, and also if the leagues are due to open up soon after Yahoo does.

Looking forward to the challenge.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ha too funny, I guess the saying is true, those who can do, those who can't build a fantasy sports empire and make boatloads of money telling everyone else about fantasy....
    12 team, yahoo H2H Daily starts, keep 10
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SHP,SOG. W,SV%,SV,GAA,SHO
    2C,2LW,2RW,1Util,4D,2G
    C-RNH,
    LW-Benn,Kane, Drouin
    RW-Kessel,Ovechkin, Simmonds
    D-
    G-Lundqvist, Howard Gibson

I...am your father.

There won't be anything organized through myself this year, I'll explain more in the ramblings, but this took a lot of thought and weighing of time & energy. I just can't do it. Sorry
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi