Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League: Season 3

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Is it just me, or is the 2-week deliberation of week 1 lineups just the worst?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Is it just me, or is the 2-week deliberation of week 1 lineups just the worst?

Yes, yes it is.
    I also don't remember how our waivers work.

Normally we get 3 transactions per week.
    Now it that 3 transactions prior to Week 1... good mercy, I could probably swap out my D or K 10 times each before then.

Ah... the wait!
    (On the flip side... college football this weekend. For us in the G-A... Georgia vs. Clemson on Saturday Night = HUGE.)

Lol. I can't figure out trading. Offered a trade last night, now it says pending and I can vote against it, never got any type of confirmation to as it was accepted, site says it will process on the 30th. WHATS HAPPENING! Haha

Dobber Sports Deity

Lol. I can't figure out trading. Offered a trade last night, now it says pending and I can vote against it, never got any type of confirmation to as it was accepted, site says it will process on the 30th. WHATS HAPPENING! Haha
    If it's your trade proposed to me to swap QBs, I accepted it and now waiting for 2 days to be processed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If it's your trade proposed to me to swap QBs, I accepted it and now waiting for 2 days to be processed.
    Alright, great! Pleasure doing business haha.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Damn late waiver pick.
    Moreno (RB-Den) was scooped by F'Ball on Phone.

Grrr.... should've picked him at end of draft.
    Would've been a smart handcuff to M.Ball.

Live & learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Damn late waiver pick.
    Moreno (RB-Den) was scooped by F'Ball on Phone.

Grrr.... should've picked him at end of draft.
    Would've been a smart handcuff to M.Ball.

Live & learn.
    We can always work out a trade. Leverage is always good

Moreno is a good snag. That Denver backfield is open, and Moreno - though not spectacular - has been performing admirably this preseason.

I balked at him during the draft because (1) I was pretty set with my starters + Tate + Brown, and (2) I don't trust any Peyton Manning RB.

But kudos for the pick up. Good value there.
    @SmittysRant

I'm not sure about your second point. Peyton Manning RBs are awesome. He already knows what the defence is doing and audibles into favorable play calls. If they are stacking the run, he audibles out. If they are blitzing or playing for the pass, audible to a run.

The Wolverine

I also had a claim in for Moreno, but as a Morris owner, Helu was a more important pick up to use my high waiver.

I'm not sure about your second point. Peyton Manning RBs are awesome. He already knows what the defence is doing and audibles into favorable play calls. If they are stacking the run, he audibles out. If they are blitzing or playing for the pass, audible to a run.
    Addai had two 1k yd seasons then fell off significantly. Edgerrin James had two years right outta the gate then tore an acl and he was done.

So in 14 years with the Colts who else ya got? Dominic Rhodes? Meh...

I think Manning, I think of Harrison, Wayne, and Dallas Clark....and now Demaryious Thomas, Decker and Wes Welker.

Not RBs.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Addai had two 1k yd seasons then fell off significantly. Edgerrin James had two years right outta the gate then tore an acl and he was done.

So in 14 years with the Colts who else ya got? Dominic Rhodes? Meh...

I think Manning, I think of Harrison, Wayne, and Dallas Clark....and now Demaryious Thomas, Decker and Wes Welker.

Not RBs.
    Yea but thats because the RBs were shitty, not because Peyton made them shitty.

Yea but thats because the RBs were shitty, not because Peyton made them shitty.
    Never meant to imply causation here. My point was simply that I avoid RBs on a Manning-lead team because generally they tend not to be reliable fantasy options. PPR leagues or flex positions duly noted.

Coaches don't scheme Manning to hand off, they scheme for him to throw. RBs are not primary needs. 700-800 yds is all they need. Weapons he depends on are his WR and TE.
    Last edited by Bomm Bastic; August 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    @SmittysRant

I do agree with that. I just think it is a Brady/Ridley thing. If Peyton ever had a Ridley type player, they would get their yards. I guess teams just spend on WR instead of RB with Peyton because Peyton haha

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Just a few more days until football...

A few notes:
    1. Loch >> get your active players on your team. Let's not give horrorfan the "gimme"-win to start the season.

2. Megatron >> When are you gonna grab that kicker? You are killing me. I know you are gonna do it... but you are completely fugging up the "projected standings"... giving people inflated egos and such. Bwa-ha-ha. jk. Whenever you are ready... whenever... LOL.