Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Atom Hockey

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    Thats not all your doing. your coming to a fantasy hockey forums and giving us stat updates. We all have or most of us do nephews, nieces, kids,cousins who play hockey. I'm not trying to be mean spirited. Hockey today is full of 'crazies' that get worked up over young kids performance. Its killing the game. Many parents dont even bother anymore beacuse they dont want to put up with the 'crazies'. As far as just wanting to make a Jr team? still too early to tell. Point is dont even worry about height/weight/stats until at least 14 yrs of age. Up until than Kids are still learning to THINK the game.....

TM
    I didn't come here to give stat updates. I asked a fair question on how big the skill jump is from novice to atom. Then I posted stats to give a somewhat idea how good he is doing and the progression he has had over the past 2 years. And how he did in his debut against Atoms and Peewees. About 2-3 rd best player in the novice league in 2012-13. And just to clear things up I am not a "Crazie" to which I think you are implying with your undertone here. I'm about the quietest person out there and just mind my own business watching the games. I normally only talk about his hockey to his parents and just came here to get more insight because this is the first time I've watched minor hockey honestly.

I'm not trying to brag about his statistics but just simply trying to give anyone with knowledge on this topic (novice and atom) hockey some insight to how he is doing and how my nephew might do in the coming years if they have an idea.
    Last edited by StuntMan12; August 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan712 View Post
    I didn't come here to give stat updates. I asked a fair question on how big the skill jump is from novice to atom. Then I posted stats to give a somewhat idea how good he is doing and the progression he has had over the past 2 years. And how he did in his debut against Atoms and Peewees. About 2-3 rd best player in the novice league in 2012-13. And just to clear things up I am not a "Crazie" to which I think you are implying with your undertone here. I'm about the quietest person out there and just mind my own business watching the games. I normally only talk about his hockey to his parents and just came here to get more insight because this is the first time I've watched minor hockey honestly.

I'm not trying to brag about his statistics but just simply trying to give anyone with knowledge on this topic (novice and atom) hockey some insight to how he is doing and how my nephew might do in the coming years if they have an idea.

you want insight? ok

1) he could quit the game at 16 over some girl

2) he could dominate novice atom peewee and dissapear in bantam moving forward

3) he could play AAA his entire life and NOT make a JR A tier 2 team......rep hockey does not guarantee JUNIOR hockey

for real.....no offence but hes not young eric lindros big either...

no one on this forum can give you any indication whatsoever as to what this kid will do moving forward not even DOBBER

give it a rest man

Dobber Sports Stud

in other news my nephew went 4 for 5 at the plate in his atom baseball game.....im gonna mosey on over to dobberbaseball and get some insight on if hes the next Brett Lawrie...

what a %@$!ING JOKE

Dobber Sports Pro

in other news my nephew went 4 for 5 at the plate in his atom baseball game.....im gonna mosey on over to dobberbaseball and get some insight on if hes the next Brett Lawrie...

what a %@$!ING JOKE
    If you don't have anything nice to say.......
    I think we know the rest.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan712 View Post
    My neph is going into his first year atom this september and he will be trying out for the rep team in his first year. He is currently 4''9 100 lbs. Right now is still 8 yrs old going to be 9 soon. Is that big for a kid his age? Its just when I was buying him some Vapor X70's the guy asked him if he is going into peewees lol

Depending if he makes the Atom Rep team or gets cut and goes to Atom House, Is there that big of a skill jump between Novice and Atom?

I've coached various levels of hockey the past 20 years. I coached Atom rep last year as my own son moved from Novice to 1st year Atom. Firstly, your nephew is definitely big. There are not that many 1st year players that big.

Secondly, the jump in play is massive. You no longer have any kids on a team that can't play. The kids are bigger, faster, and the goalies are way better. Teams actually play structured systems and quite often, it is a steep learning curve for 1st years. One of the biggest things you'll notice at Atom Rep, is that even though there is no hitting, the contact and physical play is very evident, especially along the boards.

Hopefully your nephew can use his size to his advantage. I've seen many kids bigger than my son, who do not use their size well at all. Even at the Atom level, size is considered an asset and many coaches will take a gamble on a bigger player than a smaller one.

Enjoy the season!
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    I've coached various levels of hockey the past 20 years. I coached Atom rep last year as my own son moved from Novice to 1st year Atom. Firstly, your nephew is definitely big. There are not that many 1st year players that big.

Secondly, the jump in play is massive. You no longer have any kids on a team that can't play. The kids are bigger, faster, and the goalies are way better. Teams actually play structured systems and quite often, it is a steep learning curve for 1st years. One of the biggest things you'll notice at Atom Rep, is that even though there is no hitting, the contact and physical play is very evident, especially along the boards.

Hopefully your nephew can use his size to his advantage. I've seen many kids bigger than my son, who do not use their size well at all. Even at the Atom level, size is considered an asset and many coaches will take a gamble on a bigger player than a smaller one.

Enjoy the season!
    Thanks for the reply! Yes in his game vs the peewees and atoms there was checking and I could tell he wasn't use to it but he was digging in around the boards which I never seen him do much of before. He said he tried a lot harder because it was first time he was playing against hard competition.

Have a great day

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    If you don't have anything nice to say.......
    I think we know the rest.
    had to be said. sorry. me and plenty others dont give a rats ass about novice atom stats. this guys clearly a 'crazy' hockey uncle/parent/something.

3 on 3 stats!!!!!!!

zzzzzzzzz

someone lock this 'crazy' "is my nephew on track to make the NHL" thread

This is a prime example of what is wrong with Hockey today. Im gonna guess MOST who have read this crazy thread agrees. Im still laughing at the 'stats'.

if it looks like a crazy walks like a crazy it is a crazy. I can only imagine what this guy is like at the rink.

iphone vids being sent to NCAA Major JR scouts? wouldent shock me

I can see the JR scout now pissing his pants at the novice/atom 3 on 3 stats!!!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

my neighbours kid ripped 3 goals at his game yesterday. He runs faster than the other 8 yr olds.

hes going to the olympics

The Great One

Some real good info in here. I don't know anything about the difference in levels but it sounds like your nephew wants to get better and when that happens he is having fun.

Keep us updated throughout the year(s).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

had to be said. sorry. me and plenty others dont give a rats ass about novice atom stats. this guys clearly a 'crazy' hockey uncle/parent/something.

3 on 3 stats!!!!!!!

zzzzzzzzz
    Dude, simply put; if you don't care, then don't read the thread.

No one, except maybe yourself, is benefiting from it. There's a proud uncle who went out of his way to ask a minor hockey question and added some numbers - it really isn't something for you to get worked up about and post mocking stats. Troll elsewhere.

StuntMan712 - keep watching your nephew and helping him with his minor hockey. Its great to see family support at that age. I am just about to start my first year of coaching AA Peewee, having coached A for a few years, and you can see the difference in players based of their families involement.

That being said, it does not always translate into better performance, however it does make a huge difference in the kid's life experience. I'd say that's the ultimate goal here, no?
    GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Mike Ribeiro, Patrik Elias, Tyler Johnson, Stephen Weiss, Steve Ott, Jarret Stoll
    LW: Gabriel Landeskog, Mats Zuccarello, Marcus Johansson, RJ Umberger, Matt Cooke, Justin Abdelkader
    RW: Troy Brouwer, Daniel Alfredsson, Erik Cole, Shane Doan, Jackob Silfverberg
    D: Dustin Byfuglien, Brent Seabrook, Joni Pitkanen, Erik Gudbranson, Matt Carle, Dmitri Orlov, Seth Jones, Hampus Lindholm
    G: Henrik Lundqvist, Anton Khudobin, Jason LaBarbera, Devan Dubnyk, Anders Lindback

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPuckCanuck View Post
    Or at very least stop posting...

I've always found the 'I don't care, BUT...' line of posts that you see on various forums to be hilarious.

The OP asked a question and got some useful insightful advice so clearly someone around here cares.

(I know nothing about hockey at that level so sadly I'm not able to help the OP)
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPuckCanuck View Post
    Agree with this. Not every thread is for everyone. If it's not for you just go read something else. This is a general hockey chat forum after all...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

no. he kept posting atom updates. not one opening post.

truth hurts. no one cares.

anyone who says they care is a liar and votes to the 'left'. say nothing to offend and coddle everyone.

pathetic. general hockey chat is not for every tom dick and harry to post 8-9 yr old stats and than ask " is this a future indicator?"

LMFAO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Or at very least stop posting...

I've always found the 'I don't care, BUT...' line of posts that you see on various forums to be hilarious.

The OP asked a question and got some useful insightful advice so clearly someone around here cares.

(I know nothing about hockey at that level so sadly I'm not able to help the OP)
    i know plenty about minor jr ncaa pro hockey. i told the OP already. 8-9 yr old stats are MEANINGLESS

hockey today is being ruined by crazys who think because there kids the best at age 8 that it will always be that way. its not. ever.

im callin this shit out.....

Dobber Sports Monster

He was timed at hockey school for 30 meter skating forward. he did it in 7.8 seconds. Is that good for an 8 yr old kid or just average.