Thread: Plekanec VS Perron

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Plekanec VS Perron

Sal cap league and could use the cap relief.... With the move to Edmonton do you guys see Perron producing the same as Plekanec? League in sig so it is a roto league that counts PIM. I see Perron and Pleks being quite similar in terms of categorical production, though I could see Pleks with more PPP. What say you?
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Expert

I think Plekanec's PPP will start to diminish with the progression of Galchenyuk & Eller. Saying that, I still prefer Plekanec over Perron in most format. Only advantage that Perron has it's that he's a RW.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Pro

In your situation I'd prefer Perron. Plekanec is really being used in shut down role these days and it's hard to predict who his linemates could be this year. Perron. I think offensively they will be comparable this season and since Perron has a significantly lower cap hit I'd rather him. Perron probably won't have a strong +/- but that's a category I usually don't put a lot of stock in to.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Genius

Perron for me. Winger status is HUGE in this discussion, as your league recognizes wingers. Lots and lots of centres to be had, but not so much with nice wingers. Perron could point slightly less and be as valuable.

Health of course, is a concern with Perron. Perron is quite a bit younger.

Perron has sported similar or better points-per-game to Plekky the past couple of years.

Perron
    10/7 (.70)
    57/42 (.73)
    48/25 (.52) (played all the games last year!)
    I see Perron rising. Being in Edmonton should be good for him, even if there is an adjustment period.

Plekky
    77/57 (.74)
    81/52 (.64)
    47/33 (.70) (still on that 55ish pace)
    Plekky is often used on responsible defensive roles.

+/-
    You've got to favour the guy in Montreal. However, I see Edmonton rising, so an ever improving stat for Perron.

PIM - advantage goes to Perron. Plekky isn't a Lady Byng candidate, but not far off (remember the scrap with PK in practice a couple years ago!)

PPP
    Plekky had 140 minutes last winter, which is almost three per night. At some point in time, he may be pushed for these minutes by youngsters. If he has a loss, I wouldn't think he would get crushed. Perron played 120 minutes last winter. Nice, but how does he fit in in his new environment? If things are bad, I'm guessing two minutes a night. If good, then three. I lean towards the 'good' side.

SOG
    Plekky looks good for 2-1/2 shots a game (or a bit more) this coming year. He's been pretty steady on that pace for a long time. Perron had 84 shots last winter, which is less than two a game. I would wonder for two per game. Advantage to Plekky at this time.

Cap
    The kicker though, is the cap hit. Perron is $3.5M. Plekky is at $5.0M. So, Plekky makes almost 50% more money. In small cap pools, Plekky is a pretty expensive commodity. He'd have a hard time justifying using 8% of your cap hit on. So Plekky needs to do quite a bit more on the score page. Even if he had a career year (70 point range), he's only just justifying himself.

Realistically, you have a pretty good idea where Plekky goes from here (not up). Not quite to the same degree with Perron. I would wonder that Perron is in the 50-60 window this year and would call Plekky for 50. Down the road, I wonder if Perron can swing up another 10 points to threaten 70 in a career year. He's only approaching his prime.

I've had Plekky, and he's hard to trade. Perron has been no picnic himself, with the injuries, but being a winger and much younger and Edmonton, I think he'll move much more easily if you change your mind.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Plekanec for me.

One of the least sexy players in fantasy hockey, but one of the most consistent.
    55pts, 55 PIM, 220 SOG, 18 PPP.
    If you look at his last 3-4 years, his stats are right there, every year.

It's good to draft a few rocks.
    Plek is a good one, and he always falls (in leagues outside of Quebec).