Thread: Anderson/Streit for Crawford

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Anderson/Streit for Crawford

Currently rolling with Rinnie/Anderson and Bernier as my 3 tenders.

I have 1 too many Defenders to keep and was trying to see if I could upgrade Anderson.

Deal on the table...

Anderson and Streit
    for
    Crawford

LEaving me with Karlsson, OEL, Edler and Fowler.

He's aggressive so may require a snap decision...Thoughts?

I have a proposal out for QUICK...but Crawford is FAR cheaper and I'm not holding my breath for the owner of Quick to even respond (he's a bit of a douche that way).

SO...

Stick with Rinne/Anderson/Bernier
    or
    Spend Streit and Anderson to make the move ending in Rinne/Crawford/Bernier?

Dobber Sports Ace

If you will lose Streit for nothing anyway I'd jump on it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    If you will lose Streit for nothing anyway I'd jump on it.
    Well...my final D keeper is coming down to Streit or Fowler. I believe Streit has more value, atleast in the short term, but I'm also optimisitc about Folwer eventually becoming exciting again...and With Karlsson/OEL/Edler before, I'm not all that worried.

Because I feel Streit has more value, I thought I'd throw him in to try and tip the scales.

BUT...does Crawford actually tip the scales himself? Is he the better choice this year and beyond over Anderson (who eventually will give way to Lehner and then who knows....)?

(By then I'm hoping me stashing Bernier will pay off and he'll be my bonifide #2 behind Rinne).

Dobber Sports Ace

Oh, well if you're looking to win now don't do it that case.

For next season I def. prefer Streit/Anderson to Fowler/Crawford.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

yeah...true. you're probably right.

I've just been so shakey in goal for the past few seasons and having finally landed a top 5 tender in Rinne...trying to shore up my net so I can focus on the rest of my team. But I guess I could do worse than Anderson and Bernier to follow RInne.

The Great One

And looking at next season, if Crawford does not resign in Chicago - then I see that deal as a potential disaster for you. I think Crawford is an ok goalie on a fantastic team. Reminds me of Chris Osgoode back in the day.

And I'd much prefer Streit over Fowler this year, and moving forward too.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    And looking at next season, if Crawford does not resign in Chicago - then I see that deal as a potential disaster for you. I think Crawford is an ok goalie on a fantastic team. Reminds me of Chris Osgoode back in the day.

And I'd much prefer Streit over Fowler this year, and moving forward too.
    Agreed. I feel like you're moving backwards on this one.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Currently rolling with Rinnie/Anderson and Bernier as my 3 tenders.

I have 1 too many Defenders to keep and was trying to see if I could upgrade Anderson.

Deal on the table...

Anderson and Streit
    for
    Crawford

LEaving me with Karlsson, OEL, Edler and Fowler.

He's aggressive so may require a snap decision...Thoughts?

I have a proposal out for QUICK...but Crawford is FAR cheaper and I'm not holding my breath for the owner of Quick to even respond (he's a bit of a douche that way).

SO...

Stick with Rinne/Anderson/Bernier
    or
    Spend Streit and Anderson to make the move ending in Rinne/Crawford/Bernier?
    My first comment is referring to the bolded sentence above: don't let any pressure (put on by yourself or your trading partner) ever dictate how quickly you respond to a trade offer. He came to you - you take your time and if he finds another deal in the meantime, so be it.

That being said, I'm not sure Crawford is much (if at all) of an upgrade on Anderson, so I'll pass. Especially giving up a solid D in Streit. So essentially you might just be giving Streit away (even though it's connected to a Fowler keeper decision). Who knows if/when Lehner takes over. Who knows if/when Fowler will become a solid fantasy player. A lot of ifs and maybes for a short-term downgrade and possible long-term marginal upgrade, which is far from guaranteed. No deal.
    Last edited by horrorfan; August 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This is a pretty even trade.

I prefer Crawford over Anderson... but only by a tiny, little bit.
    I prefer Anderson/Streit over Crawford/Fowler.

If you are "one over" and Streit is your cut, then yes... make the trade for Crawford (as long as the other team isn't a serious contender/threat to your team. You don't want to improve them too much).

However, I like your bolded 14 keepers... so I'm not sure why you feel you are "one over" at defense. ???

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    This is a pretty even trade.

I prefer Crawford over Anderson... but only by a tiny, little bit.
    I prefer Anderson/Streit over Crawford/Fowler.

If you are "one over" and Streit is your cut, then yes... make the trade for Crawford (as long as the other team isn't a serious contender/threat to your team. You don't want to improve them too much).

However, I like your bolded 14 keepers... so I'm not sure why you feel you are "one over" at defense. ???
    Point taken.

Honestly...I'm trying WAY TO HARD to find a way to keep Fowler. I know he's been a bust...but there's just something about him and his situation on that team that I like. Having said that...you're right...my current keepers are warranted and should be solidified. Unless I'm able to upgrade substantially in another area (like landing Quick in place of Anderson) or upgrading on Semin, I should probably stand pat.

Thanks fellas. I'm pulling away from this offer.

Dobber Sports Giant

i actually prefer anderson to crawford. at least even anyways. i dont think id make this move.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO