Thread: Granlund vs Silfverberg pts only

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Granlund vs Silfverberg pts only

1) which one you choose in pts only for next year?

2) In a salary cap league, trade one for one straight up and add one year at 0.9M...is that a good move?

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Padawan

Silfverberg for sure next year.

For a dynasty it's more tempting (and I do like Granlund a lot) but I think you still have to stick with Silf. Granlund has not done much with his time in the NHL yet so stick with the more proven one here. Plus Silf's upside aint bad either
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

We've only really seen a sample size from both these guys in the NHL, so its really hard to judge them so early in their careers.. Especially because most of us haven't really seen them play much, before their debut's last year, as they are both from across the pond..

I do think Silfverberg will definitely get top 6 minutes in ANA.. Granlund should be the Wild's 2nd line center this coming season.. So they will both get a boost in icetime from last year..

I think I would roll with Silfverberg if I had to choose.. I just feel, because he was traded for such a good player in Ryan, that he will get every opportunity to succeed on his new team..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Silfverberg will produce more this year and in the future

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I think I would roll with Silfverberg if I had to choose.. I just feel, because he was traded for such a good player in Ryan, that he will get every opportunity to succeed on his new team..
    Agree with this post 100%.

And I can't shake a feeling that Zorro's last line above is the most likely scenario.

I'd take Silfverberg too.

The Great One

Granlund's upside long term is quite high, but next year Silfverberg will likely outproduce him. Granlund won't get as much opportunity as Silfverberg next year.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Definitely Silfverberg next year, but Granlund will is an elite prospect and should out-produce Silfverberg.

Dobber Sports Pro

Silfveberg for me too.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

silfveberg too

but close

Dobber Sports Guru

Granlund for me. Higher upside and I'm calling him to outproduce Silf as soon as this upcoming season.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Granlund for me. Higher upside and I'm calling him to outproduce Silf as soon as this upcoming season.
    There's a BOLD prediction. I like it!

Dobber Sports Icon

As a Granlund owner, I'm hoping Carcillo's right, but right now it looks like Granlund's going to be in a dogfight with Coyle, Zucker, Neidereiter for maybe 2 open spots for youngsters, and that's not counting guys like Fontaine and Haula who may be a factor if they have a huge camp.

The way I see it, how can Coyle not be a lock, he was given so much ice time and responsibility in the playoffs last year and performed well on the 1st line with Koivu and Parise, and he's really perfect in that role. So that leaves one more spot for a youngster and probably between Neidereiter and Granlund.

Assuming that's the case, that leaves Heatley and Pominville as wingers, maybe have Granlund center those two with one playing the offwing? Just not sure though that Heatley and Pominville are suitable linemates, but it could play out that way. You could also see Heatley demoted to a 3rd line role, but unlikely given how unsuitable he'd be in a non top 6 role. And what if Neidereiter goes lights out?

The other hypothesis thrown out by Russo is they switch Coyle to center on the 2nd line and play Pominville with the 1st line. That move would really hurt Granlund's chances.

Despite all the above, if Granlund excels in camp and proves he wants it bad, they'll find a spot for him, and if that's the case then my feeling is it will carry over into the season and he'll have a very strong sophomore showing as Carcillo predicts. Centering the 2nd line in Minnesota, Granlund would be in a better situation than Silf, from a points perspective, on the 2nd line in Anaheim (as the Anaheim roster is currently constructed).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I made a similar thread today, just with more young players, and someone included a link to the NHL.com 30 in 30...

anyway, they are projecting Silfverberg to line up with getz and perry on line 1.

I suppose anything could happen, but I would think at this point in time that Silfverberg has a better chance of playing top line minutes than Granlund. Based on that I would think that he would out point Granlund IMO.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by dbrzrk View Post
    I made a similar thread today, just with more young players, and someone included a link to the NHL.com 30 in 30...

anyway, they are projecting Silfverberg to line up with getz and perry on line 1.

I suppose anything could happen, but I would think at this point in time that Silfverberg has a better chance of playing top line minutes than Granlund. Based on that I would think that he would out point Granlund IMO.
    Gosh I dunno. I read that article as well, and do not recall seeing that prediction at all.

I seem to recall nhl.com saying the first-line competition was a toss-up between Palmeiri, Silfverberg, and Penner.

Wait - went back and you're correct - there's a few articles in the nhl.com series and one definitely has Silfverberg as the guy to slot onto that top line. Kinda bizarre that another article would say its completely up for grabs.

My apologies
    Last edited by Reuben; August 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM.