Thread: Drop Brzy???

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Brzy???

I know there's another thread about where and what might happen to him but am finally thinking it's time to cut him. In our off season, we're allowed to pick and drop players(up to 5) without a cash penalty(It's a rookie draft with 5 rounds but a manager can opt for the FA pool if he'd rather) . I already have Lehtonen, Bobrovsky and Fasth. Our stats our W, SO, GAA, Save % and we start 2 a week in H2H.
    Just wondering do I cut bait and pick up a young free agent or hold off for longer? Do you think he ends up with another team(Cal or Edm) or take his money back to Russia. I already had to say bye to one Ilya, is it time for another?

Thanks.
    Yahoo: H2H Keeper (6F,3D,1G)
    G,A,PPG,PPA,+/-,Shots,Hits, W,GAA,SAV%

FWDS: A. Barkov, M. Marner, A. Panarin, J. Robertson, N.Ehlers, J.Bratt , PL Dubois, B Hagel, D. Mercer, B.Jenner
    D: A. Ekblad, J. Klingberg, J. Trouba, , S. Gostisbehere, F. Hronek
    G: Bobrovsky, Jarry, Hart

Yahoo2: H2H Keeper(14-only, up to 2G)
    G,A,+/-, SOG, GWG,PPP,SHG,HIT,BLK,
    W,GAA,SV,SO,

FWDS: N. Mackinnon, M. Rantanen, E. Pettersson, JT Miller, A. Panarin, V. Tarasenko, T. Meier, Z. Hyman , B. Boesner, T. Toffoli, D. Perron
    D: Q. Hughes, Z. Werenski, J. Klingberg, J. Chychrun, M. Matheson
    G: Demko, Hart,, Levi

Dobber Sports Initiate

He won't get a starting gig in the NHL, and there's a good chance he won't even be in the league. Cut bait, especially considering your other goalies.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Even if he does land somewhere in the NHL...he won't hold more weight than Fasth...with no starting jobs available...the best he could hope for is a platoon. I'd take the surging fasth on a very good Ducks team which is an environment he's used too over the unknown of Bryz (who's unknown/unpredictable at the best of times).

If a decision must be made now, I would cut bait and never look back. Soldier on with Bob and Fasth and look to add depth via trade if the need is there. You never know...Fasth could shake things up in Anaheim for good and solve your depth problem for you...but don't distract yourself with Bryzgalov.

Dobber Sports Giant

id way rather Fasth than brizzy. cut bait.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Guru

Bryz is done. Cut him loose.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

The Great One

Agree with this advice. If he's tying up cap space and you need to decide now, cut him. He won't help you in the short-term...and his long-term value also looks very bleak right now.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Bryz is done. Cut him loose.
    I would not say he's done, just yet. I think if he can land a backup role somewhere, he can probably creep up on that team's starter baring an injury or a cold streak. I could see him in Winnipeg, Calgary, Tampa, NYI...even Florida (if they can get a few backups out of their crease and have a Bryz-Markstrom tandem).

Forget his performances from the past few years... the guy has skill; he just seems to have misplaced it (knowing Bryzgalov, it's most likely on another planet).

When do you need to make this decision for?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I would not say he's done, just yet. I think if he can land a backup role somewhere, he can probably creep up on that team's starter baring an injury or a cold streak. I could see him in Winnipeg, Calgary, Tampa, NYI...even Florida (if they can get a few backups out of their crease and have a Bryz-Markstrom tandem).

Forget his performances from the past few years... the guy has skill; he just seems to have misplaced it (knowing Bryzgalov, it's most likely on another planet).

When do you need to make this decision for?
    Bass..... ya can't fix "Stupid". And this guy is nuts...more so than the average tender.

He's done IMO and not worth the Roster spot and aggrivation that will come with him. Let another GM ride the waves. That's what I'm choosing to do.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Bass..... ya can't fix "Stupid". And this guy is nuts...more so than the average tender.
    Hehe touché! I still think the opportunity or lack of will ultimately seal his fate. If he gets a shot at a backup role, he should shine. No shot? --> no shine.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Icon

I'd wait until the last possible minute before dropping him, if that doesn't cause you harm in some other way. Truth is if he signs with another team then he's more valuable than Fasth, most likely, since Fasth is after all still a backup or at best a platoon goalie, judging by the fact that Hiller started every game in the playoffs. But if it comes time when you have to drop someone and Bryz is still unsigned, I'd say drop him as Fasth still carries lots of value - I would be willing to bet that Hiller will get moved by the trading deadline, since his contract expires this summer, and Fasth is then the starter (until John Gibson takes the reins).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hehe touché! I still think the opportunity or lack of will ultimately seal his fate. If he gets a shot at a backup role, he should shine. No shot? --> no shine.
    True true... but I'd argue it's the lack of "Shine" or "Shinny Moments" that will culimate in NO SHOT.

THe only thing shinny about this guy is his space ship, on which he will travel to Mars and then continue on to explore "HIS" Universe.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for all the replies. I have about a week until I have to make my move. From the comments made here I think I'll cut him and soldier forward with Kari, Bob and Victor. I certainly don't need to carry 4 goalies in a league such as ours(points based) and would be better served getting a yuong forward of the FA wire.

Thanks a lot!

KT
    Yahoo: H2H Keeper (6F,3D,1G)
    G,A,PPG,PPA,+/-,Shots,Hits, W,GAA,SAV%

FWDS: A. Barkov, M. Marner, A. Panarin, J. Robertson, N.Ehlers, J.Bratt , PL Dubois, B Hagel, D. Mercer, B.Jenner
    D: A. Ekblad, J. Klingberg, J. Trouba, , S. Gostisbehere, F. Hronek
    G: Bobrovsky, Jarry, Hart

Yahoo2: H2H Keeper(14-only, up to 2G)
    G,A,+/-, SOG, GWG,PPP,SHG,HIT,BLK,
    W,GAA,SV,SO,

FWDS: N. Mackinnon, M. Rantanen, E. Pettersson, JT Miller, A. Panarin, V. Tarasenko, T. Meier, Z. Hyman , B. Boesner, T. Toffoli, D. Perron
    D: Q. Hughes, Z. Werenski, J. Klingberg, J. Chychrun, M. Matheson
    G: Demko, Hart,, Levi