D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith
    G - Sparks, Petersen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Couturier. If and when he gets top-6 minutes, he's going to be beast.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by mr_long1990 View Post
    Couturier. If and when he gets top-6 minutes, he's going to be beast.
    I will agree, but I will quantify that upside as being in the neighbourhood of 70 points. I think he has enough talent to put up a PPG in the right situation, but I suspect that the Flyers envision his future as being their second line C behind Giroux whose goal is to shut down opposing top lines and create some offense in the process.

I don't think we've seen the best of Berglund, but I'm not sure that he'll ever grow into his potential. I can't really put my finger on it, but to me, it's always seemed like he doesn't exactly fit into the Blues organization, almost like the team is asking him to do things that come up just short of maximizing his production or developing him in not quite the right areas or the right ways. I certainly don't think his fortunes will change dramatically under Hitchcock, so as far as I can see, he's a WYSIWYG guy - 45 to (maybe) 60 points and that's about it.
    16 team league, keep 12 plus *4 1st/2nd year players (16 total)
    Points Only (w/ NHL salaries), start 8F/4D/1G
    Note: Defencemen receive 1 point per 45 mins of ice time (1-2 points per week, ~30-35 pts per season).

Forwards:
    L. Couture, F. Forsberg, T. Teravainen, O. Palat, C. Kreider, K. Hayes, *J. Guentzel, R. Rakell, *K. Labanc, B. Point, *C. Fischer
    Defense:
    *S. Theodore, S. Gostisbehere, *M. Matheson, J. Trouba
    Goalie:
    M. Murray

Dobber Sports Master

Couturier is caught in a numbers game right now. He is stuck as a 3rd line center. I cannot see that changing over the next two years as he is quite good at his job. He certainly has the potential to do more offensively for the Flyers, but I do not think he will score more than 45-50 points over the next two years. I think he will eventually move to 2nd line center and score in the region of 60-65, maybe a year or two over his career he hits 70.

Berglund is behind Backes and Roy. I think he has a better shot at 2nd line duties than Couturier who is behind G and Vinnie.

The Great One

I'm an expansion team, finished in last place by miles, and even I can't justify holding Berglund on my roster, lol.

If you are justing looking over the next year or two, I think Berglund outpoints Couturier handily. But if by, "going forward" you are talking 3 or 5 years down the road, then I roll the dice on the kid.

Dobber Sports Veteran

longterm I like Courtier but I doubt that he'll score more than Berglund this season.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like both players, but Couturier is definitely the more talented of the two from a pure skill and hockey sense perspective. I agree that Berglund is probably the better short-term choice, but give me Couturier based on talent and upside.

I think it will get to a point where Couturier basically forces his way into a top six role in Philly - yes, he is an incredibly responsible player who can play the shutdown role, but he has a ton of untapped offensive potential that will likely see him in a top six role within two seasons.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Long-term I'm taking Couturier here, so much skill and a ton of potential..

Berglund needs to get out of St.Louis, I think he definitely has more to offer and believe we would only see his full potential on another team.. He still is only 25..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Long-term I'm taking Couturier here, so much skill and a ton of potential..

Berglund needs to get out of St.Louis, I think he definitely has more to offer and believe we would only see his full potential on another team.. He still is only 25..

Everyone needs to get out of St Louis

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

From a fantasy hockey perspective, unless I own Halak, I'm thinking that Hitch is the only one who needs to get out of St. Louis!
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

Dobber Sports Wizard

Is Couturier's upside that great that he's worth holding onto over a guy who's at least shown he's capable of 50 points, with some upside himself?

I want Berglund here. Sure maybe Couturier someday possibly potentially hits 60 points, but Berglund already has a 47 and 52 point season on his resume. It's known that big forwards can take a little longer to develop, so I'm not ready to write Berg off just yet.

I just don't feel safe taking a chance on Couturier for that 5% chance he hits 70 points someday, when realistically his numbers will probably never be better than Berglund's.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Deity

Couturier for me.

I love this kid and I am far from a flyers fan.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Is Couturier's upside that great that he's worth holding onto over a guy who's at least shown he's capable of 50 points, with some upside himself?

I want Berglund here. Sure maybe Couturier someday possibly potentially hits 60 points, but Berglund already has a 47 and 52 point season on his resume. It's known that big forwards can take a little longer to develop, so I'm not ready to write Berg off just yet.

I just don't feel safe taking a chance on Couturier for that 5% chance he hits 70 points someday, when realistically his numbers will probably never be better than Berglund's.
    Yeah they are pretty much the same player to me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Yeah they are pretty much the same player to me.
    Except one is 5 years younger.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Except one is 5 years younger.
    Not a big deal to me, you're getting Berglund entering his prime and it's highly unlikely you will have either of these guys for 10 years or whatever.