Thread: skinner vs RNH

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default skinner vs RNH

points only salary cap.

i need to shed salary. dealt carlson for b smith, but still need some cap space.

thinking of offering up skinner for RNH. you think this is fair? do i need to add more? ask for more in return?

thanks as always
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Pro

RNH is the more valuable asset to own here, and should outproduce Skinner next season and beyond. When the other GM inevitably says no to the Skinner for RNH straight up swap, see if he'd be swayed if you threw in Joe Morrow.

Dobber Sports Giant

ya rnh has more upside and i doubt skinner beats him in a points only in any year.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Deity

Skinner may be the better goal scorer but overall points I dont think he will out point Nuge. I think Nuge will outproduce him by a fair margain actually.

Nuge for me here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Skinner's rookie season was impressive but these last two concussed seasons are real concerns as to whether he will be able to make it through a full season. RNH clearly better point producer regardless.
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Guru

RNH has higher upside and still has one year remaining in his ELC. You need to add to the deal if you want the other guy go for it.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

The Great One

I'd be concerned that Skinner could end up on the third line in Carolina. They haven't really found a place for him and their were a lot of rumours about him being traded around the draft.

I really don't think Skinner for RNH is realistic, especially considering you need cap relief (and the other GM will likely know that).

I think you'll need to lower your expectations, quite a bit, on what you can get for Skinner.

Dobber Sports Veteran

RNH is more valuable than Skinnner. Offer it straight up first and see what they say. If they want you to add something small, you could do it to get the deal done.

Dobber Sports Ace

In a points-only 12-man keeper, I can't get shit for Skinner right now.

Obviously, I'm not going to give him away but any proposal that would see me get something decent is pretty much laughed at. My point: His value ain't overly high right now, due to the concussions

Can't imagine you'd get RNH for him - shoulder injuries are viewed as far less serious than concussions. Plus, the Oilers are going to score a ton, and Carolina won't.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylorgoon View Post
    Skinner's rookie season was impressive but these last two concussed seasons are real concerns as to whether he will be able to make it through a full season. RNH clearly better point producer regardless.
    Jeff Skinner is currently the most overrated young player in fantasy hockey. I would run as far away from this guy if possible. Trade NOW if you own. Like said above...other than 1 dream rookie season he's not been that shit hot and the fact he's a mushhead just raises too many flags. Dont drink the fool - aid.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    Jeff Skinner is currently the most overrated young player in fantasy hockey. I would run as far away from this guy if possible. Trade NOW if you own. Like said above...other than 1 dream rookie season he's not been that shit hot and the fact he's a mushhead just raises too many flags. Dont drink the fool - aid.
    Well well, someone poked the bear and woke him up.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Have to disagree that Skinner is the most overrated young player in fantasy hockey.. There is no one I know that views him very highly anymore. His value if anything right now is low. I view skinner as a great buy low guy in most leagues because of his recent production and health.

That being said there is no way I would never deal RNH (an extremely valuable young player) for a guy like Skinner.

Skinner really isn't going to net you much of anything right now your best bet is to hold onto him and hope he rebounds next year.
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 3rtpaper View Post
    Have to disagree that Skinner is the most overrated young player in fantasy hockey.. There is no one I know that views him very highly anymore. His value if anything right now is low. I view skinner as a great buy low guy in most leagues because of his recent production and health.

That being said there is no way I would never deal RNH (an extremely valuable young player) for a guy like Skinner.

Skinner really isn't going to net you much of anything right now your best bet is to hold onto him and hope he rebounds next year.
    I know a few guys who still value Skinner and have made questionable trades in acquiring him. insane in my opinion. That said who in your opinion would be the most overrated young player? I still say its Mushhead - 1 hit wonder- Skinner.

TM

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know a few guys who still value Skinner and have made questionable trades in acquiring him. insane in my opinion. That said who in your opinion would be the most overrated young player? I still say its Mushhead - 1 hit wonder- Skinner.

TM
    This was a very easy question a month ago.. I would've said Seguin but the trade has helped his value a lot so I will reserve that judgment until I see what he can do with Dallas.. Benn alone should vault his point totals up to a good level.

So as things stand I would have to turn my attention to... Cam Fowler.. He is still living off his hype and rookie year where he had 40 points.. ( and a -28) I can understand the potential is there but the over pays I have seen for him are unbelievable.. especially in multi cat leagues where he is just awful.
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

To be honest, if you can get RNH for Skinner and Morrow, you will be doing time for theft..

RNH was a 1st overall draft pick, he is a stud, the other two are not studs..

Is this for real or what?? Am I dreaming right now??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..