Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trying to acquire Quick... Help ASAP

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Trying to acquire Quick... Help ASAP

Ok so I've been trying to acquire Quick from his manager since he put him
    on the trading block. For some odd reason, he wants to move Quick with me but also wants another goalie via another trade (most likely Price or Niemi). The other trade is not happening according to him so he's not gonna move Quick ATM cause he only has 1 starter. Our trade was Hiller, Brunner and Conacher + picks for Quick.

Should I just try to offer him Hiller and Varlamov + Brunner and see if he bites (maybe even add Conacher?) and get Quick NOW rather then wait until later?
    Starting goalies are very hard to come by and I'm the only manager with 3 (16 teams). I think I would be good ridding Lehtonen and Quick, but am I giving up too much?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would let him do a shopping spree in you Minor league dressing room for Quick. Maybe try to keep one of Nyquist or Forsberg.
    Points only Keeper - Top 9F 4D 1G
    F: Ovechkin Aho Debrincat Hintz Konecny Horvat Bratt BTkachuk Hagel Novak Mercer WSmith Coronato
    D: Hamilton Doughty Burns Morrissey Klingberg
    G: Jarry Demko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Are there other GMs interested in Varlamov or Hiller? If there are, I'd be looking to package them with a skater for an upgrade. Perhaps Varlamov and Conacher for Pavelec?

Both Varlamov and Hiller are in bad spots. Varlamov hasn't been fairing well in Coloardo and Sakic/Roy may look to upgrade via trade. Fasth is pushing Hiller for time and is on the last year of his contract. Seeing that most GMs only have 2 starting goaltenders and are still competitive, I'd be fine going forward with Quick and Lehtonen.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd definitely make the offer of Hiller+Varlamov+Brunner, and add Conacher if that doesn't work. Having Quick and Lehtonen would be huge. If Lehtonen gets hurt you are in a tough spot, but the only thing keeping him from starting would be an injury, whereas Hiller has Fasth nipping at his heels and Varlamov isn't in a very good situation to put up solid numbers. If that doesn't work I'd hang onto Varlamov and Hiller and hope for the best.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hiller +Conacher and Brunner is a deal you should win short-term but may hurt you in the long term. Hiller will likely end up a starter somewhere but I strongly prefer Quick's situation. I'd definitely make that deal.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would deal Hiller+Varly+Brunner+whatever other shit you can unload for Quick in a heartbeat.

With Bernier out of the picture, Quick is top 3, probably top 2 in my mind.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Ok so I've been trying to acquire Quick from his manager since he put him
    on the trading block. For some odd reason, he wants to move Quick with me but also wants another goalie via another trade (most likely Price or Niemi). The other trade is not happening according to him so he's not gonna move Quick ATM cause he only has 1 starter. Our trade was Hiller, Brunner and Conacher + picks for Quick.

Should I just try to offer him Hiller and Varlamov + Brunner and see if he bites (maybe even add Conacher?) and get Quick NOW rather then wait until later?
    Starting goalies are very hard to come by and I'm the only manager with 3 (16 teams). I think I would be good ridding Lehtonen and Quick, but am I giving up too much?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
    If I owned Quick, I'd laugh at those offers. Not good enough. Classic quantity for quality.

But if he's dumb enough to unload Quick that quickly (ha) for those station wagons, get it done. Don't give him time to wake up.

I'd be after your Lehtonen + Green or Carlson + .....solid forward etc
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    If I owned Quick, I'd laugh at those offers. Not good enough. Classic quantity for quality.

But if he's dumb enough to unload Quick that quickly (ha) for those station wagons, get it done. Don't give him time to wake up.

I'd be after your Lehtonen + Green or Carlson + .....solid forward etc
    I agree. Your offer is definitely not too much. If fact, if you could pull it off you are laughing.

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks for all the replies guys!! Will rep when I can!

Ok so I wrote back to him asking him if I can add anything to get him to pull the trigger on this ASAP. No answer yet but I was thinking of resending a bigger offer:

Hiller, Varlamov, Brunner, Conacher, Forsberg, Girgersons
    VS
    Quick, Gaborik, Couturier

Am I too greedy? (I know he has wanted to move Gaborik and he's not big on Couturier...)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks for all the replies guys!! Will rep when I can!

Ok so I wrote back to him asking him if I can add anything to get him to pull the trigger on this ASAP. No answer yet but I was thinking of resending a bigger offer:

Hiller, Varlamov, Brunner, Conacher, Forsberg, Girgersons
    VS
    Quick, Gaborik, Couturier

Am I too greedy? (I know he has wanted to move Gaborik and he's not big on Couturier...)
    Yes, I think that is quite greedy. You're already getting quite the steal acquiring quick, and then you're asking for some solid parts in Gaborik/Couturier for more like spare parts in Conacher/Forsberg/Girgersons.

Definitely aquire Quick if you can, but I think this last offer is quite the laugher.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Yes, I think that is quite greedy. You're already getting quite the steal acquiring quick, and then you're asking for some solid parts in Gaborik/Couturier for more like spare parts in Conacher/Forsberg/Girgersons.

Definitely aquire Quick if you can, but I think this last offer is quite the laugher.
    Totally agree, but these 3 guys are on his trading block for some reason and he is looking for good prospects or young players that can contribute now.

1) Quick: not sure why he wants to get rid of him, but that's not my problem
    2) Gaborik: he holds a grudge against him (injuries and lack of consistency)
    3) Couturier: he was added to the block when Vinny signed with Philly (he holds a roster spot but will only get 4th line minutes for the Flyers so he kinda has to move him for a prospect since players under 80 games played in the NHL don't carry any roster spots...)

I'm usually the guy dishing out advice, but I was really caught off guard with this recent potential deal...

Minors:

The Great One

My experience is that when a player sends more than one trade offer in a short while, for the same player, that it's often best to just wait....cuz there's usually an even better offer coming.

I'd stick with your offer for Quick for now, and see how that goes.

It's by far the best piece in the deal and that is the guy you want to target.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Totally agree, but these 3 guys are on his trading block for some reason and he is looking for good prospects or young players that can contribute now.

1) Quick: not sure why he wants to get rid of him, but that's not my problem
    2) Gaborik: he holds a grudge against him (injuries and lack of consistency)
    3) Couturier: he was added to the block when Vinny signed with Philly (he holds a roster spot but will only get 4th line minutes for the Flyers so he kinda has to move him for a prospect since players under 80 games played in the NHL don't carry any roster spots...)

I'm usually the guy dishing out advice, but I was really caught off guard with this recent potential deal...
    Fair enough, you might be able to take advantage of it then. als_revenge brings up a good point though as well about sendign too many simultaneous offers. Would have been nice to send that second one first, but I understand it popped up after. Not sure if there's a right way to go.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If it's ROTO, I'd take Quick for Hiller/Varlamov.
    If it's H2H, I'd prefer keeping Hller/Varlamov.

With SV being a category, quantity is important.
    With MORE goalies, you can always choose to sit/start a guy on the last day (Sunday) of a H2H league. Strategically, that a really important thing. I probably finish a few places higher in each league I play simply by understanding strategy. (Last year, I finished top HALF in all eight of my leagues).

Roto or H2H?

Add that to your SIG: Keeper League, ___, 16 teams...

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    If it's ROTO, I'd take Quick for Hiller/Varlamov.
    If it's H2H, I'd prefer keeping Hller/Varlamov.

With SV being a category, quantity is important.
    With MORE goalies, you can always choose to sit/start a guy on the last day (Sunday) of a H2H league. Strategically, that a really important thing. I probably finish a few places higher in each league I play simply by understanding strategy. (Last year, I finished top HALF in all eight of my leagues).

Roto or H2H?

Add that to your SIG: Keeper League, ___, 16 teams...
    It's H2H... wow, never noticed I had not included that. Thanks Pengwin!

Your point is exactly why our league values goalies so much. I just feel that Quick is elite and Hiller and Varly are great but in shabby situations...

Minors: