Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rank these forwards for next year production

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm obviously going to be in the minority... but I think Lars Eller will outscore all these guys next season.

Some notes:
    1. Eller scored 30pts in 46games, that was good for 3rd in forward scoring on the Habs.
    2. Eller did that in just 14:50 TOI/game. Most top 6 forwards skate about 17-19min/game. (So IF Eller gets a top 6 role, then boom)
    3. Of those 30pts, 25 were even-strength points. (that's top 60 in the NHL).

I owned him in two or three leagues last year so I followed/caught most of his game highlights. There's no way he finishes last or near last of this group in the coming year.
    I'd only be concerned with how he will play post-Gryba hit.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    This is the biggest concern for me. He was the best center for the Habs for the month of the season, and he was very productive despite seeing absolutely no time on the PP. I expect him to get 50 pts + next season.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I had heard reports from local media that he was skating a couple of weeks after the Habs got knocked out of the playoffs. Nothing major, just light skating in Brossard (Habs practice complex). No info since so I assume he is good to go. Max Pac came back strong; I'm pretty sure Eller won't be too rattled from that incident.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I had heard reports from local media that he was skating a couple of weeks after the Habs got knocked out of the playoffs. Nothing major, just light skating in Brossard (Habs practice complex). No info since so I assume he is good to go. Max Pac came back strong; I'm pretty sure Eller won't be too rattled from that incident.
    I'm not concerned with his health, just that he might not go into the dirty areas as much if he's still thinking about that hit. I doubt it though.

Dobber Sports Stud

I haven't been paying much attention to many of these forwards except Eller and Nyqvist, but 2 bits of advice I'll offer:

Eller will produce 55+ points, and get better. He might get top 6 minutes for a significant amount of time next year, too.

Temper your expectations for Nyqvist - Detroit's scoring is spread out as it has been for the last 2 decades and it's unlikely that he'll put up significantly more points than he was on pace for this year.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Eller will produce 55+ points, and get better. He might get top 6 minutes for a significant amount of time next year, too.

Temper your expectations for Nyqvist
    The main issue with both these guys is their ice time. Nyquist should get 2nd line duties. No matter who he plays with, I feel the kid has enough skill to put up some points. If he gets to play with Datsyuk or Zetterberg, I can see him getting close to 50 points EASILY next year.

Eller's problem lies not with his skill or linemates, but with the production of the rest of the team... To better explain my comment, here are Montreal's lines next year IMO:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Briere
    Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
    Galchenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
    Moen-White-Prust

That being said, if the top 2 lines produce well, Eller's line will get less minutes. If they don't (I think the 2nd line will eventually become a shut down line), Eller's line moves into one of the top slots and gets the minutes and opportunities to produce. Only time will tell, but I think Eller will/should get his 50+ points next year and he will keep on improving on those numbers (65-70 plateau).
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Padawan

Based on next season only:

Eller
    Johansson
    Bennett
    Nyquist
    Silfverberg
    Nichushkin
    Zibanejad
    Etem

Eller really doesn't get much respect, and even less so in my league haha. But he really was starting to figure it out: in his final 12 regular season games he posted 4-9-13, +8, 19 PIM. Fingers crossed he comes back healthy this season cause I am expecting big things (50 pts, +15, 70 PIM).
    Dynasty - $100/yr buy-in - YEAR 8 - $100M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C - Crosby, Malkin, Getzlaf
    LW - Pavelski, Domi
    RW - Seguin, Perry
    D - Letang, OEL, Carlson, Hamilton, J. Schultz
    Util - M. Koivu, Aho, Spooner, Atkinson
    G - Rask, Quick

BENCH
    Brassard, Bjugstad, Jagr, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Buchnevich, Ekblad, Beaulieu, Severson, Lundqvist
    PROSPECT
    Puljujarvi, Boeser, Barzal, Dal Colle, Fiala, Sergachev, Lindell

FOUR TIME DEFENDING CHAMPION

Dobber Sports Icon

Posted a Gazette article on Lars Eller, see the Habs thread: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...=1#post1172557

Good news, he's fit and ready to go!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Today, Eller is about 220, not a gram of the new weight anything but muscle.
    [ESPN had him listed at 198 lb for the past season. Mercy. Though that's probably 2 years ago, really]
    [The Canadiens website had him listed at 209 lb on their site. And +11 lb on that is still a lot.]

Beast.
    And it's a contract year for him.
    He's going to be in big-time go-mode.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Today, Eller is about 220, not a gram of the new weight anything but muscle.
    [ESPN had him listed at 198 lb for the past season. Mercy. Though that's probably 2 years ago, really]
    [The Canadiens website had him listed at 209 lb on their site. And +11 lb on that is still a lot.]

Beast.
    And it's a contract year for him.
    He's going to be in big-time go-mode.

No doubt in my mind he'll have a breakout season.

I liked the Halak trade when it happened, even though I thought the Habs might have been able to finangle more out of the Blues given Halak's performance for the ages in the playoffs the prior season, I knew we were getting a special player in Eller. He is the Habs' version of Jordan Staal, and dare I say he may be more offensively skilled than Jordan.

Will be interesting to see whether the Habs give him another bridge contract or whether they lock him up long term. Whatever they do, it'll eventually mean making a decision between Plekanec and Desharnais given that Galchenyuk too will be signing a lucrative long term deal in a couple of years.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper