Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rank these forwards for next year production

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Rank these forwards for next year production

How would you rank the following forwards in best opportunity to post numbers next season?

Jakob Silfverberg
    Emerson Etem
    Nichushkin
    Lars Eller
    Beau Bennett
    Gustav Nyquist
    Zibanejad
    Marcus Johansson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hard to tell, as opportunity matters. In terms of talent, I group them (each group I can see leading their grouping, and it's a toss up):

Silvferberg - with Getz/Perry, no Selanne, could get a ton of prime ice
    Nichuskin - needs to land with Seguin/Benn
    Nyqist - needs to be in the top 6
    Zibanejad - needs to play second line wing, third line center really hurts
    Johansson - with OV/Backstrom, he did fine this year. Can't flourish without them
    Bennett - one top 6 spot, won't do much if he doesn't take it
    Etem - needs top 6 ice to be worth anything next year
    Eller - too many forwards in MTL ahead of him to produce significantly.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd rank them in the following order...the top four are pretty close for me:

Zibanejad
    Nyquist
    Bennett
    Eller

Silfverberg
    Nichushkin
    Johansson
    Etem

Dobber Sports Padawan

Assuming points only:

Nyquist
    Etem
    Silfverberg
    Bennett
    Zibanejad/Johanssen
    Nichushkin
    Eller

Nichushkin hasn't made the team yet. MTL is a cluster****. Turris/Laich in way of 2nd C role. Coach doesn't like Bennett much. Etem's work ethic might get him 1 or two more points than Jakob. Nyquist is the only one with a pretty clear cut path to PP1 mins IMO.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

The Great One

I'm not sure why Marcus Johansson is getting so little love in this. After coming back from his concussion, he got 21 points in 25 games. While there are some really great prospects listed here, I don't expect any of them to be 0.84 PPG. Both Ovechkin and Backstrom picked up the pace, scoring wise, once Johansson came back to the line up.

Granted, this all falls apart if he's not on the top line with Ovie and Backstrom. But right now, I see no reason why Washington would split them up.

He's at least worth some consideration, in a one year league, against a bunch of prospects that have yet to do nearly as much at the NHL level.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by shevyx View Post
    How would you rank the following forwards in best opportunity to post numbers next season?

Jakob Silfverberg
    Emerson Etem
    Nichushkin
    Lars Eller
    Beau Bennett
    Gustav Nyquist
    Zibanejad
    Marcus Johansson
    1)Nyquist -- stud material, relative lock for top6
    2)Bennett -- almost guaranteed to line up with Malkin 5v5
    3)Johansson -- reliant on him staying line1 w/ OV+Backstrom
    4)Nichushkin -- personal favorite; quite bullish on Nichushkin
    5)Etem/Silfverberg -- only room for one in the top6, IMO. Palmieri/Penner have edge
    6)Zibanejad -- will probably center third line, IMO (some top6 time)
    7)Eller -- not a huge fan of Eller compared to others
    Last edited by mounD; July 28, 2013 at 1:49 AM.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Icon

Marcus Johansson
    Jakob Silfverberg/Gustav Nyquist
    Eller
    Nichushkin
    Zibanejad
    Emerson Etem
    Beau Bennett

A few comments:

- I evaluated these guys in terms of "opportunity to produce", not potential. In other words, which of these players is most likely to produce points next year given their situation.

- Many are vastly underrating Eller. The reality is that he's had three straight years of point increases despite limited ice time (0.22PPG with 11 mins of ice time in 10/11, then 0.35PPG in 11/12 and last year 0.65PPG, in each case with about 15 mins of ice time). As a Habs fan I can tell you he has earned the coaching staff's confidence and, unlike his early years, he is no longer afraid to showcase his offensive / puck control / stickhandling skills, and he has an excellent wrist shot, and he's combining that with his size to become an extremely effective player, especially given his defensive reliability, and that will translate into, yes, icetime and OPPORTUNITY, and more points. Yes it's crowded at C ahead of him on the depth chart in Montreal, but he could easily sllide to a top 6 wing spot, and even if he doesn't, my bet is he hits 55 pts next year and has a reasonable chance at 60 pts next year just based on an increase in his ES ice time. Bold statement perhaps, but I'm sticking by it. We are watching a Jordan Staal-like player emerge here, mark my words. The only caveat is how he responds to that brutal hit and injury against the Sens in the playoffs, and so far I've heard he's doing fine.

- Johansson is number one on this list because he's pretty much guaranteed to be in the top 6. They've got Laich as the number 2 center now and even if they sign a Grabovski, it's Laich who slides down to the 3rd line. To me Johansson's a lock for 55-60 pts and if lined up with Ovy/Backstrom all year we're looking at closer to 65.

- Silfverberg and Nyquist, to me, are almost locks for the top 6 - that won't necessarily translate to big points but on this list it's reason enough to rank them ahead of the others. I rank them ahead of Eller, slightly, just because they'll be relied upon for point production more than Eller.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ross10019; July 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Giant

I don't really see why people aren't higher on Beau Bennett. He's got very high quality speed/skills, and is one of a very few Penguins wingers whose skating ability and overall game translates to a top6 spot with either Crosby or Malkin. Since Sid's line is basically set from last year (Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis), I would be willing to bet $$ that Bennett spends the majority of his 5v5 shifts with Neal-Malkin.

The coaching staff has already called Bennett a top-6 forward, and with Iginla out of town there is a gaping hole on the 2nd line w/ Malkin. I understand he hasn't exactly proven himself on the NHL-stage quite yet, but with the declining cap and the relative dearth of skilled wingers in the Pens' system (after Neal/Kunitz/Dupuis), Bennett seems to be the logical choice (from a skill-set and opportunity standpoint) to line up with Malkin at 5v5.

I would say 50+ points is a reasonable expectation.

Cheers.
    Last edited by mounD; July 28, 2013 at 4:15 PM.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm obviously going to be in the minority... but I think Lars Eller will outscore all these guys next season.

Some notes:
    1. Eller scored 30pts in 46games, that was good for 3rd in forward scoring on the Habs.
    2. Eller did that in just 14:50 TOI/game. Most top 6 forwards skate about 17-19min/game. (So IF Eller gets a top 6 role, then boom)
    3. Of those 30pts, 25 were even-strength points. (that's top 60 in the NHL).

I owned him in two or three leagues last year so I followed/caught most of his game highlights. There's no way he finishes last or near last of this group in the coming year.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm obviously going to be in the minority... but I think Lars Eller will outscore all these guys next season.

Some notes:
    1. Eller scored 30pts in 46games, that was good for 3rd in forward scoring on the Habs.
    2. Eller did that in just 14:50 TOI/game. Most top 6 forwards skate about 17-19min/game. (So IF Eller gets a top 6 role, then boom)
    3. Of those 30pts, 25 were even-strength points. (that's top 60 in the NHL).

I owned him in two or three leagues last year so I followed/caught most of his game highlights. There's no way he finishes last or near last of this group in the coming year.

Entirely agree, although I'm not sure he'll have that much ice time as early as next year with the logjam upfront, which is why I'd say a couple of other guys might be safer in terms of production next year. But yes I too and really high on Eller, and it's not just what he did on the scoresheet, if you saw as many games as I did you saw the beginning of Eller's emergence as a true impact forward with the way he was playing both ends of the ice and the patience and creativity he was starting to show in the offensive zone (not to mention a huge increase in his confidence level). Next to Pacioretty, Price, Subban and Galchenyuk, I'd say Eller is the most important part of the core of this team going forward, and that should manifest itself in some good fantasy production for his owners - now's the time to start targeting him, as he's still very much an afterthought for most fantasy GMs, not for long though...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    Assuming points only:

Nyquist
    Etem
    Silfverberg
    Bennett
    Zibanejad/Johanssen
    Nichushkin
    Eller

Nichushkin hasn't made the team yet. MTL is a cluster****. Turris/Laich in way of 2nd C role. Coach doesn't like Bennett much. Etem's work ethic might get him 1 or two more points than Jakob. Nyquist is the only one with a pretty clear cut path to PP1 mins IMO.
    how is Nyquist a lock for PP1 with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Weiss, Franzen.... ?
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think Eller stands out of this group the most. He's continually improved over the course of his career. Although he may not get the minutes as some of the other players listed, I believe he will do the most with the minutes he has compared to the rest.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Giant

Eller (50 pts)

Johansson (45 pts)
    Silfverberg (40-45 pts)
    Nyquist (40 pts)

Bennett (35-40pts)
    Zibanejad (35-40pts)

Nichushkin (30-35pts)

Etem (25-30pts)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Zibanejad
    Nyquist
    Nichushkn
    Silfverberg
    Bennett
    Johansson
    Etem
    Eller

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I'm not sure why Marcus Johansson is getting so little love in this. After coming back from his concussion, he got 21 points in 25 games. While there are some really great prospects listed here, I don't expect any of them to be 0.84 PPG. Both Ovechkin and Backstrom picked up the pace, scoring wise, once Johansson came back to the line up.

Granted, this all falls apart if he's not on the top line with Ovie and Backstrom. But right now, I see no reason why Washington would split them up.

He's at least worth some consideration, in a one year league, against a bunch of prospects that have yet to do nearly as much at the NHL level.
    Exactly.

If Johansson stays at wing with Ovie and Backstrom, he'll definitely up up some numbers.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov