Thread: Pick Two

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Pick Two

Trying to decide on my last two keepers, 1 D and 1 F. Multicat H2H points league with G/ A/ hits/ blocks/ shots/ PPP/ SHP/ GWG/ Hat tricks/ FOW/ PIM/ +/- etc.

Kadri or Carter?

Ekman-Larsson or Ehrhoff?
    Last edited by GretzkysMullet; July 24, 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Kadri and OEL and IMO neither one is remotely close

Dobber Sports Giant

I'll go with Kadri and OEL here, as well, but I don't think it's as clear-cut as MattP seems to think.

OEL, sure, is a somewhat easy choice for me. He is probably at worst = to Ehrhoff, but the value he carries in keeper formats definitely outweighs Ehrhoff's and I don't see that changing, only increasing.

Between Kadri and Carter it's a bit more up in the air. Carter is probably the safer bet, and since it seems the league is pretty goal-heavy he benefits more than in standard multi-cat leagues; however, I tend to think there is higher upside with Kadri -- and the allure of lining up with Kessel/JVR/Lupul etc. only helps his cause. It's tough between the two, and if you're a "safe" kind of GM then Carter is probably your best bet, but I side with Kadri here.

Cheers
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I totally agree with OEL in this case. Much higher upside and is a total stud.

Kadri vs Carter is a little different. Carter will get you goals and you certainly know what to expect from him. Kadri was playing for a paycheck. Will he continue the torrid pace next year too with Lupul back? I do think he looked REALLY good last year but tough to say if it will last.

So Carter is ALL goals but not huge point totals (except for one year) but I think Kadri will beat him in points. I'd take Kadri.
    Points only pool - H2H - Dress 11/week - 2 at every forward position(RW, LW, C), 4 D, 1G
    Goalie Points = 2/win, 1/overtime loss, 3 more/shutout (They typically make up most of the top 10 point getters every year in our league)

24 teams but 2 of every player (2 Crosbys, 2 Rasks, etc.) so treat it like a 12 team.

PROTECT 11 (max. roster size is 25)

LW - Benn, Pacioretty, Henrique, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen
    C - Tavares, Backstrom, Johansen
    RW - Giroux, Wheeler, Donskoi, Pomminville, Silvferberg
    D - Josi, Karlsson, Burns, Seabrook, Reilly, Gardiner,
    G - Jones, Rinne, Miller

Dobber Sports Expert

Hmmm with stats like G/GWG/Hatricks(random cat but still)/shots/plus-minus, I am leaning toward Carter.

In fact, I think Kadri is the perfect sell-high right now. He overachieved last season, and he plays in one of the biggest hockey market in the league. I think it's time for you to cash-in on him!!

As for OEL vs Ehrhoff. Go with OEL.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I've got to agree with Yougo, I definitely take OEL over Ehrhoff.

However, the Kadri vs. Carter is a much leaner cut of meat -- that is to say, it's actually fairly good to think about this one for a bit given your scoring categories; and to be honest, with your categories, I lean towards Carter. His goal totals shouldn't change over the course of a season, however his low assist numbers should only increase. His +/-, GWG, and actually any type of goals, makes him a better option up front. Not to mention he does end up taking quite a few faceoffs (he took a modest 384 faceoffs last year and had a great 52.6% win rate).

OEL and Carter for me.

Good Luck
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Trying to decide on my last two keepers, 1 D and 1 F. Multicat H2H points league with G/ A/ hits/ blocks/ shots/ PPP/ SHP/ GWG/ Hat tricks/ FOW/ PIM/ +/- etc.

Kadri or Carter?

Ekman-Larsson or Ehrhoff?
    It may not change some answers but since it's a points league, I suggest you provide the category values and examples of how each player performed on a per game basis (being H2H this is more important than the total). Multicat is one thing, but knowing which categories has a greater effect on the total is more important and relevant to your decision.
    Last edited by horrorfan; July 25, 2013 at 3:41 AM.

Dobber Sports Expert

Carter and OEL.

I doubt Kadri will repeat his strong last season, but he should finish close in points with Carter, who will score more goals.

I always pick the goalscorer ahead of the assist guy.

Dobber Sports Deity

I will take Carter and OEL here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

Kadri and OEL. the only debate is with the forwards.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Giant

OEL and Carter for me.

I'm not sold on Kadri yet and I do not think he can score at a ppg pace. That being said, Carter is goal heavy and a reliable 60pt guy (with 65-70 upside). I think Kadri should have a production similar to Carter's with less goals in the next few years. The SHOTS (his total was low last year though), GWG and HAT TRICK Categories give Carter an edge here; not to mention that he is considered a winger but usually wins as many faceoffs as a C-2 every year or so...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay