Thread: Krejci and Marleau

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Krejci and Marleau

Who would you rather have in a sim league? So based on NHL production and salary

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hummm ...

You will get 70-80 easly with Marleau but he is not a "stable" player on production. It's everything (crazy production) or sleeping for a while. 6.9$ for Marleau ... $$$$$$$$ !

Krejci you will get your 60-70pts, more stable, less expensive (5.25$). More a two-way player but he is dam good during the playoffs. With Seguin-Horton out he will remains the #1 center for Boston. I will say more valuable.
    I think we see something new from him in the last series. It might be the beginning of a new Krejci era .. close to 80pts.

Krejci !
    Last edited by #1Sakic; July 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    Who would you rather have in a sim league? So based on NHL production and salary
    No Jagr, Seguin or Horton. Make way for Krejci. Good opportunity to shine in Beantown. I think he rides his playoff success into '13-'14.

I traded away Wheeler for Marleau after his hot start, and still regret it to this day. Not a big fan of PM.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Id take marleau here. krejci is a playoff beast but he is too good of a two way player to hit over 60-65 points in a year. Unless you have cap concerns I take marleau here.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I traded Marleau for Wheeler and am still loving every minute of it (see call of doughty).

I don't see how Marleau is 70-80 easy...no way. He got nearly half of his points last year in the first 6 games and went dry.

I think Krejci is the real deal here while Marleau will start to fade. I'd take the guy reaching his prime (and better salary).
    Last edited by Scorgasm; July 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Points only pool - H2H - Dress 11/week - 2 at every forward position(RW, LW, C), 4 D, 1G
    Goalie Points = 2/win, 1/overtime loss, 3 more/shutout (They typically make up most of the top 10 point getters every year in our league)

24 teams but 2 of every player (2 Crosbys, 2 Rasks, etc.) so treat it like a 12 team.

PROTECT 11 (max. roster size is 25)

LW - Benn, Pacioretty, Henrique, Abdelkader, Pulkkinen
    C - Tavares, Backstrom, Johansen
    RW - Giroux, Wheeler, Donskoi, Pomminville, Silvferberg
    D - Josi, Karlsson, Burns, Seabrook, Reilly, Gardiner,
    G - Jones, Rinne, Miller

Dobber Sports Pro

Krejci is the better all around player and much more reasonable cap hit...I'll take him over Marleau in a SIM league.

Dobber Sports Giant

If you're looking for the best point production / salary, then you've gotta side with Krecji here. Let's be super conservative (for Krecji) and call Marleau a 70-point player and Krecji a 60-point player. Again, this is probably a bit bullish on Marleau and a bit conservative on Krecji, but lets look at some math:

Marleau: 70-points / $6.9million = 10.15 points/million
    Krecji: 60-points / $5.25million = 11.43 points/million

Krecji comes out ahead here by over a full point/million, and these projections are very, VERY conservative. If we adjust these numbers to value both players as 65-point option -- which I think is much more likely -- here is what we get:

Marleau: 65-points / $6.9million = 9.42 points/million
    Krecji: 65-points / $5.25million = 12.38 points/million

As the players production gets closer together (more likely), Krecji emerges as the clear favorite with an almost three full point/million advantage. If you're looking at it from this perspective, there's almost no legitimate argument for Marleau, unless you feel he will score ~15 more points than Krecji. I don't think this is a very likely scenario, therefore Krecji is my pick here and it's not very close, IMO.

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    If you're looking for the best point production / salary, then you've gotta side with Krecji here. Let's be super conservative (for Krecji) and call Marleau a 70-point player and Krecji a 60-point player. Again, this is probably a bit bullish on Marleau and a bit conservative on Krecji, but lets look at some math:

Marleau: 70-points / $6.9million = 10.15 points/million
    Krecji: 60-points / $5.25million = 11.43 points/million

Krecji comes out ahead here by over a full point/million, and these projections are very, VERY conservative. If we adjust these numbers to value both players as 65-point option -- which I think is much more likely -- here is what we get:

Marleau: 65-points / $6.9million = 9.42 points/million
    Krecji: 65-points / $5.25million = 12.38 points/million

As the players production gets closer together (more likely), Krecji emerges as the clear favorite with an almost three full point/million advantage. If you're looking at it from this perspective, there's almost no legitimate argument for Marleau, unless you feel he will score ~15 more points than Krecji. I don't think this is a very likely scenario, therefore Krecji is my pick here and it's not very close, IMO.

Cheers.
    Interesting !

Dobber Sports Guru

I prefer Krejci here. With the Bergeron line doing the heavy lifting Krejci gets the lion's hare of the offensive minutes. Marleau is declining and is very streaky and at the extra money I dont see it being worth it.