Thread: RNH for Pietrangelo

Dobber Sports Ace

Default RNH for Pietrangelo

Here is the offer: one for one RNH for Pietrangelo.

League details in signature. Basics - 12 team keeper league, protect 12 players per season for a max 4 years. Draft is an auction.

RNH - 2 years left
    Alex P - 1 year left

I don't like giving up RNH but the crop of good defense going back into the draft is minimal and would cost me lot to obtain a premier one. Defense is pretty valuable (your starting 6 defense carry the same value as 12 forwards). I think I have enough depth of forwards to make this trade.

Thoughts?
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Veteran

What kind of dmen would you be getting in the draft?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    What kind of dmen would you be getting in the draft?
    Only a few top defensemen will be back in the draft: Weber, Suter, Green, Yandle would be the top 4 then it considerably drops off. Keep in mind it is an auction for players, so we are allocated certain amount of $$$, like a salary cap. We have to bid against the other GMs so it would be over payment for these 4.

Hope this helps
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Veteran

it's tough. I think RNH has more longterm upside but if you need a Dman Pietrangelo is young and really good and may be worth it. Is there a way he could add a few auction dollars as a throw in? lol If not, it's not that bad of a bad deal if you want a really good young defensemen. Cant complain about McKinnin Yakupov Galchenyuk as a crop of young forwards. Like I said it's tough. I personally wouldnt do it but I can see the reasons why you want to and they are valid. Hope that helps

Dobber Sports Prodigy

with what you're saying regarding the value of your D-men and how difficult it might be to acquire a top d-man come draft day, this seems like a logical trade for you to make. I don't know if there are any other players the Piets owner is willing to take instead of RNH but again, you've addressed your teams need and the importance of that need, now you have a deal on the table that solves, for at least a year.

One thing to consider is, you losing RNH on F, what kind of forwards are going to become available next year as this could drastically change the value of the available d-men in next years draft. You've got a lot of pipe-line talent that I hope you can hold on to however with the limited keepers and signing maximum AND auction, things might look a lot better for you next year with regards to drafting a d-man, and perhaps a replacement for RNH.

Leagues like this I always think it's best to look further ahead than just the upcoming season because quite frankly, no draft will be the same and eventually their will be either a surplus of amazing forwards or amazing d-men. Keep in mind, if you're not buying them come auction day, someone else is.

Good Luck.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Said another way than, you're giving up 1 additional year of RNH for Piet. If the value in your league for the two is roughly even, then maybe its worth it. But you probably have to consider whether you have a chance to win this year, ie is it more important to sacrifice to get Piet. If you give up RNH to get Piet and then bid crazy for a top 4 D in your draft, does that give you a chance to win?

it's prob worth it, if your 6 D = 12 F value. You effectively have no D with only fowler.

Dobber Sports Giant

your team is in need for defense so this makes sense for you. id go for it.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the advice fellas, rep to all,

Happy off-season trading to everyone

Cheers, Spoiler
    Member of OCHA