Thread: Dougie Hamilton

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dougie Hamilton

Just aquired Hamilton in my points only keeper, how many points do you think he gets this season and what is he capable of in the future?
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Sage

30 plus points this season 100%. 50 plus points consistently down the road 100%. He is a cant miss prospect
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would think 25-35 would be a safe estimate. The only issue for me is he will always be behind Chara and I can see Big Z playing another 5-7 years. I would expect 45-55 points/year from Dougie, but not for a while.
    Points only Keeper - Top 9F 4D 1G
    F: Ovechkin Aho Debrincat Hintz Konecny Horvat Bratt BTkachuk Hagel Novak Mercer WSmith Coronato
    D: Hamilton Doughty Burns Morrissey Klingberg
    G: Jarry Demko

Dobber Sports Demi-God

30-35pts.
    Boston will mold him to slip right into the Chara role.
    Solid PP2 time this year, I'd expect. And with Eriksson and Iginla, that PP2 may be stronger than it has been in the past.

While I love Chara and still think of him as an ELITE defensemen in multi-cat and top 20 in points-only... he's still just one serious injury away from handing Hamilton a huge early promotion.

Hamilton is an excellent player to own in keeper leagues.

Administrator

Hamilton gets to play the role that Niklas Kronwall played for years until Chara retires.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Legend

Hamilton is a beast. 30-35 next season and 47-54+ for a long time once he gets cranking. I traded a HEFTY sum to land the big guy this offseason because I'm a firm believer. He's a 6-5, 210 kid who can boogie on the ice and was scoring at 108 and 115 point pace in the OHL as a puppy - yep, you're looking at a STUD Gramps.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

No talk of owners worried he might be demoted to the AHL for part of the season while the B's roll with Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, McQuaid, Bartkowski, and Krug?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    No talk of owners worried he might be demoted to the AHL for part of the season while the B's roll with Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, McQuaid, Bartkowski, and Krug?
    Bartkowski = press box.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Legend

Zero.

Today, at 20, Hamilton is the 3rd or 4th best D-Man on the team. Unless he struggles big-time, he is a lock for Top-4 duty and some PP burn. Krug, Bartkowski and Morrow will be duking it out for the 6-7 slots.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Master

He is a legit star. He is too good for the press box. Sure Krug played hot in these playoffs.. but Hamilton is the real deal. In Nov 2011, I was lucky enough to have dinner with his agent. They (his firm) were obviously high on him and were mentioning how most NHL GMs pegged him as the next Pronger. He will be a beast for years to come and is as much of a sure bet as you can get in a prospect. All but complete metaphysical certitude of success.

30-35pts easy this year.

Sky is the limit afterwards. Not so much the PK Subban/Erik Karlsson trend of 29/36..38... and (prorated) 65-70+...but more the 30-35...40+....40+...and so for the rest of his career. Pepper in some 50+... Definitely a 48-55 guy perennially.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would guess a solid 35. Wouldn't be totally surprised to see him reach 40 though.

Biggest thing stopping him from scoring 40 is the pair of Seidenberg and Chara. The former of which isn't an elite PP threat but still quite satisfactory at it.

Dobber Sports Stud

It goes without saying that Dougie has massive offensive upside, but his defensive play still needs fine tuning. The way Boston is going to solve that is by having him play more NHL games, not more AHL games.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby