Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Same Night Tool

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Oops.

Mathematical attachment, for anybody that cares.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks RJ. This tool is very valuable for my H2H daily starts league!

Cheers, wc17

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Handicapped

I must be, for I follow the instructions yet the team conflict list or the data within it never changes. It there a "start" button or something. I strongly feel i am completely over seeing the way to use this, but i keep changing the teams, # of roster/starting, and the list never changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    12 team H2H,Keep 9,+1 entering 4th season or less,+1 that was called up last season.G,A,PTS,SHTS,Hits,PP,GWG,W,GAA,SV%,SO
    ()=Prospect 30 Man Farm
    C:Crosby,Barkov,Point(Kidney,McAllister,Bordeleau, Merkulov,Voit,Ch. Lucius,Brisson,Ostlund,W.Smith,Nadeau,Sawchyn)
    LW:Gaudreau,RNH(Soderblom,Slafkovsky,Lardis)
    RW:Raymond(Dufour,Rosen,Evangelista,Rashevsky,J. Roy,Holtz,Blake,Dumais,Huuhtanen)
    D:Morrissey,Burns,Dobson(York,Durzi,Evans,Zellwege r,Z. Jones,Addison,Mateychuk,Hutson,Cagnoni,Buchinger)
    G:Hellebuyck,Ullmark,Georgiev(Garand,Soderblom,Per ets)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Kingchev View Post
    I must be, for I follow the instructions yet the team conflict list or the data within it never changes. It there a "start" button or something. I strongly feel i am completely over seeing the way to use this, but i keep changing the teams, # of roster/starting, and the list never changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Check to see that you have the REV2.zip file.
    It is maybe the 7th or 8th post down on page 1.

The REV1 file might not be working. (I don't know, I haven't tried).
    The Excel file should change immediately when you change cells.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default thanks

yeah I tried that as well, and neither the 1st or 2nd version do anything for me, no matter which teams or numbers of players Anh is always number one and nothing changes. very odd.
    12 team H2H,Keep 9,+1 entering 4th season or less,+1 that was called up last season.G,A,PTS,SHTS,Hits,PP,GWG,W,GAA,SV%,SO
    ()=Prospect 30 Man Farm
    C:Crosby,Barkov,Point(Kidney,McAllister,Bordeleau, Merkulov,Voit,Ch. Lucius,Brisson,Ostlund,W.Smith,Nadeau,Sawchyn)
    LW:Gaudreau,RNH(Soderblom,Slafkovsky,Lardis)
    RW:Raymond(Dufour,Rosen,Evangelista,Rashevsky,J. Roy,Holtz,Blake,Dumais,Huuhtanen)
    D:Morrissey,Burns,Dobson(York,Durzi,Evans,Zellwege r,Z. Jones,Addison,Mateychuk,Hutson,Cagnoni,Buchinger)
    G:Hellebuyck,Ullmark,Georgiev(Garand,Soderblom,Per ets)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Kingchev View Post
    yeah I tried that as well, and neither the 1st or 2nd version do anything for me, no matter which teams or numbers of players Anh is always number one and nothing changes. very odd.
    PM me and I'll work through the issue with you.
    14-Team H2H Limited Keeper League

Rosters: 3C, 5W, 4D, 1U, 2G, 5B, 2IR+, 1NA
    Keep: 4 F, 2 D, 1 G
    Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)
    Goalie Stats: W (5), SV (0.3), GA (-2), SHO (2)

C: Crosby, Zegras
    W: Pastrnak, Keller

D: Karlsson, Montour
    G:Oettinger
    IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great stuff! Thanks!
    H2H (10 Team): G, A, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocked Shots - W, GAA, Sv%, SO
    Keep 4; Play 2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1F, 4D, 1UTL, 2G

C: Crosby, Johansen, Stepan, Johnson
    RW: Simmonds, Backes, Toffoli, Okposo, Brouwer
    LW: Ovechkin, Lucic, Landeskog, Palat
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Shattenkirk, Gudas, Parayko
    G: Holtby, Allen, Talbot

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks again for this awesome tool! Do you think there would be any adverse side effects if I copy the worksheet four times (within the same workbook) so I can have a different tab for each position?
    Last edited by letangerang58; August 29, 2013 at 1:57 AM.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Thanks again for this awesome tool! Do you think there would be any adverse side effects if I copy the worksheet four times (within the same workbook) so I can have a different tab for each position?
    Tried it - it did not work, it only reads from the original (main) tab. Formulae (Hlookup()s) would need to be changed, I am guessing but rjf can confirm.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Meant to reply sooner. Sorry.

With the current spreadsheet, copying the existing tab will not work. The tab that does all the behind the scenes work relies on that one tab and then generates results which are pulled using the HLOOKUP formulas.

So in short, no.

Skater Stats: G (3), A (2), +/- (0.3), PIM (0.4), PPP (0.5), SHP (1), GWG (1), SOG (0.3), Hits (0.1), Blks (0.25), FW (0.05)

IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bumping this so more people see this amazing tool.

For next year, any chance you would do (mainly for goalies) something that would show of the non-conflict games, how many were home vs away starts?
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    For next year, any chance you would do (mainly for goalies) something that would show of the non-conflict games, how many were home vs away starts?
    It's possible, but would require changing the way the schedule is pulled and stored right now (since all it keeps of track of now is whether a team plays or not).

IR+:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Rookie

I was wondering if I could use this tool in a particular way. The question I would like to answer is "how many goalie starts does each player in my league theoretically have?"

The reason I would like to ask this question is I want to know, if I moved to a 4 goalie set-up, would I gain enough goalie starts relative to my competition to risk giving up a bench player.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The spreadsheet can't make assumptions about how many games each goalie may play, so you just have to assume that your goalies would start all 82 games for their team.

If you have 2G slots, you'd assume 82 games for your top two goalies.

Say,
    Howard (DET): 82games
    Niemi (SJ): 82games

You'd set the roster positions to 2.
    Then you'd look at the 3rd goalies and find the amount of conflicts vs. DET/SJ.

If there is 26 conflicts, then you'd get:

3rd Goalie (Team): 82 - 26games = 56 games.

Then you could also enter a slot to check a 4th goalie vs. those three (DET/SJ/3rd).

Maybe there'll be 40 conflicts.

4th Goalie (Team): 82 - 40 = 42 games.

Theoretically, most #1 goalies will play about 3/4s of 82games, or about 62. (75%)

So the real number of "conflicts" would also be lower, say 75% (actually less) of the forecasted amount. So your 3rd goalie might only be bench for .75 x 26 = 20games.

For me, in a 2G set-up with "daily rosters" and no GP max, I'll roster a 4th goalie if I think I can get about 40 starts from that goalie.
    If there is a GP max on players, such as roto leagues, I only roster starting F & D, and try to fill my bench with goalies.

Hope that is helpful.

Dobber Sports Rookie

VERY VERY helpful Pengwin7

My general assumption on the 4 goalie strategy is this:

With 4 goalies you have more potential starts, so more opportunities at Ws and SOs, 2 of my 4 cats. While you might place yourself out of GAA due to a 4th goalie probably being on a lesser team, SV% across the league has a low standard deviation. Therefore, you increase your chances to win W and SO on a weekly basis, hurt your chances on GAA, but maintain chances on SV%.

Is this a correct way to think about this? Is this the reason I can go to low tier goalies like Nabokov, Pavelec and Dubnyk without them ruining my higher tier goalies like Howard and Niemi?