Thread: Trash Talk Your League...in my Guide. Here's How

I...am your father.

Default Trash Talk Your League...in my Guide. Here's How

A brilliant GM asked me if he could trash talk his league in my Fantasy Guide. I told him he could, if he kept it clean. And I would give it to him for half the price of an ad.

$99 for a size that is around 1/5th of the page

I just got the artwork and it's pretty funny. So I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone else wanted that. He's actually just trash talking one team. All the better, haha

Contact me at [email protected] if you want in!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I love this. If I had actually won my keeper last year I'd definitely do something like this. What is the fun in fantasy sports if you can't mock your friends endlessly after winning?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Pro

Brilliant idea!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That is brilliant. Promote the heck out of that and watch the revenue pour in. Get slap chop dude from the infomercial to do a YouTube video and sell hundreds of pages worth of trash talk ads.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed613 View Post
    That is brilliant. Promote the heck out of that and watch the revenue pour in. Get slap chop dude from the infomercial to do a YouTube video and sell hundreds of pages worth of trash talk ads.
    My wife heard this and mentioned in the free commuting newspapers they have a 'shoutout' section where people pay to say things like 'hey, you were wearing a white hat and blah blah blah, thought you looked great'. This reminded her of that.

But yeah it's a great idea and it sure has me thinking

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I think this is a great idea as well.

Just think about it, someone from your league has purchased the fantasy guide that you purchase every year. Only to see you trash talk them and the rest of the league in the guide because you are the champion.

It will also generate more revenue.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

I...am your father.

I've decided to push this down below $100. So these ads are available for $99 now.

Dobber Sports Pro

Great idea.!!
    However, the dobber guide is more a less a secret of mine and I have no intention of sharing it with my competitors. haha.
    Some of them frequent the site but I don't think any buy the book. I don't want them to weaken my competitive edge
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop