Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kopitar for Landeskog

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kopitar for Landeskog

Hello All,

Was just offered an interesting trade proposal and wanted to get your thoughts on it.

I get:
    Kopitar

I give:
    Landeskog

Full 12 team H2H Dynasty (keep all):

C x 3
    LW x 3
    RW x 3
    F x 3
    D x 6

Stats
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HITS, BLKS

My Centers:
    Giroux, Toews, Zibanejad, Gagner, Little, Eakin, Scheifele

My LWs:
    Hall, Landeskog, Pacioretty, Ladd, Paajarvi

My original gut reaction is sweet Kopitar! But after looking at the stats and my teams positional breakdown I am starting to think Landeskog might be a better fit for my team. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Drift

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kopitar definitely has more value. I would take the deal and try and trade either kopitar or one of your other good centers for a better winger than landeskog.
    12 teams, H2H Points, Limited Keeper League (10th year), 6 keepers. 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G
    G (2), A (1), +/- (0.5), PIM (0.2), GWG (1), HAT (2), HIT (0.1), BLK (0.2), PPP (1), SHP (2)
    W (3), L (-1), GA (-1.), SV (0.2), SO (2)

Keepers = Barkov, Panarin, Marner, Stone, Josi, Fleury

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Easy yes for me IMO.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hey Drift,

I won a very similar league to yours this past season and I wouldn't touch this deal. With hits, block shots, and shots you won't find very many players who can fill the stat sheet like Landeskog. You may give up 10-15 in points in potential ceiling by keeping landeskog over kopitar but I doubt that would make up the difference of all the peripherals you'd lose by giving up Landeskog. Since Landeskog has come into the NHL hes been kept in my league and Kopitar hasnt. I'm not arguing that Landeskog is better than Kopitar or vice versa but with those league settings Landy will give your team a whole lot more fantasy points than people would think first glance.

A good tool to use for a league like yours would be the hockey pool geek, give it a google. It can show the true value of a players fantasty stat production in non-standard leagues.

Best of luck!
    12 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    Positions: 2C, 2RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 Util, 2 G, 4 Bench
    PLAYER: G 6, A 4, (+/-) 2. PPP 2, SOG .9, Blk 1
    GOALIE: W 5, GA -3, SV .6, SO 5

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Easy yes for me IMO.
    Agreed. Little hesitation on my part too. And I own and love Lando.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Monster

Kopitar is the player you want here for the elite scoring. You can fill in the multicat parts with other players, but you still need top notch high end scoring and Kopitar will deliver that for you.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Kopitar easily dominates in the goals, assists, +/-, PPP. SHP are far too unpredictable. So Kopitar wins 3 categories very handily, and is a close win on goals. Landeskog minorly wins on SOG, PIMs, Hits, BLKs. Now given those categories are MUCH easier to fill, you have a 4 v 4 category split with one wash. Take the guy who wins his categories by a huge margin as opposed to a close one, and take the guy who fills tougher to fill categories. In both instances, Kopitar easy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Landeskog fills out the stats sheets and will continue to get better and better as he gets older. He'll either be playing with Duchene or McKinnon longterm and wing is a harder position to fill so I would probably keep Labdeskog. Your centers are stacked already.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Kopitar easily dominates in the goals, assists, +/-, PPP. SHP are far too unpredictable. So Kopitar wins 3 categories very handily, and is a close win on goals. Landeskog minorly wins on SOG, PIMs, Hits, BLKs. Now given those categories are MUCH easier to fill, you have a 4 v 4 category split with one wash. Take the guy who wins his categories by a huge margin as opposed to a close one, and take the guy who fills tougher to fill categories. In both instances, Kopitar easy.
    First off thank you all for your responses. I am still on the fence here and debating a little bit. For the people that said Kopitar easily can you expand on why?

I know Kopitar has been more consistent but here is how I see the breakdown:

Kopiter: A, +/-, SHP

Landeskog: SOG, PIMs, Hits, Blks

For G I think I have to give this to Landeskog. Looking at his first year he was 3 behind Kopitar. Last year he was 1 behind him in 11 less games. You have to imagine as landeskog ages and gets completely over his concusion that he will only get better in goals. For SHP as you mentioned its a wash.

So that is 3 to 4 with 2 washes possibly 3 vs 5. Also I know Hits, PIMs, Blks are easier to get other places but again how often do you get a player with ALL of those that can also score. Not often. He's like Lucic with less PIM, about a wash in Hits, and many more SOGs and SHP.

12 H2H Dynasty:
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Mattp913 View Post
    keep Labdeskog.
    That made me chuckle. You're thinking about Landeskog's cousin here.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Landeskog is a lot like Seguin, had one good season, and then so so the next (sure it was shortened, but he was not inspiring at all). I would take Kopitar because of the stats he will be contributing to over the hits and blocked shots.

Another thing to note however, Kopitar still contributes across the board. Definitely not as strong as Landeskog in the hit dept. but blocked shots for the two skaters is very very similar. Kopitar had a career low in shooting % and shots/game. He has more raw talent than Landeskog and these stats will balance out next season more than Landeskog's stats will increase.

And just for the posters saying that Landeskog dominates the blocked shots..
    Landeskog - 58 (2011/2012) in 82 games, 32 (2012/2013) in 36 games
    Kopitar - 53 (2011/2012) in 82 games, 25 (2012/2013) in 47 games

Yes, Landeskog has the upper hand, but the point difference between these two skaters far outweighs a difference in blocked shots amongst these two. If hits are worth a ridiculous amount then MAYBE you could legitimize taking Landeskog over Kopi but only then. Another thing to recognize is that Landeskog has taken a toll on his body while throwing it around, and with more elite talent around him, he won't be playing in the defensive zone so much (hopefully) requiring him to block shots and throw hits so often. The better the team, the lower these types of stats for a superstar skater.

To reiterate, I'd go with Kopitar, and yes, it is an easy decision for me. Proven over potential, can't stress that enough.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    First off thank you all for your responses. I am still on the fence here and debating a little bit. For the people that said Kopitar easily can you expand on why?

I know Kopitar has been more consistent but here is how I see the breakdown:

Kopiter: A, +/-, SHP

Landeskog: SOG, PIMs, Hits, Blks

For G I think I have to give this to Landeskog. Looking at his first year he was 3 behind Kopitar. Last year he was 1 behind him in 11 less games. You have to imagine as landeskog ages and gets completely over his concusion that he will only get better in goals. For SHP as you mentioned its a wash.

So that is 3 to 4 with 2 washes possibly 3 vs 5. Also I know Hits, PIMs, Blks are easier to get other places but again how often do you get a player with ALL of those that can also score. Not often. He's like Lucic with less PIM, about a wash in Hits, and many more SOGs and SHP.
    Kopitar is the better offensive player between the two of them. In any format, I would trade Lando for Kopitar straight up and feel that I came out on top of that deal. We have a larger sample size from Kopitar. Kopitar had ~10-12 fewer shots on goal and ~ 6-7 fewer penalty minutes vs Lando last season. Kopitar will contribute more towards your point totals. Personal preference.

Dobber Sports Giant

Drafting Hits and blocks? Easy mode.

Drafting PPG forwards who contribute across the board? Not so easy.

Take the proven guy here with the higher offensive upside and vastly superior track record. Kopitar without question.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

i dunno, personally I think Kopitar is hyped a lot. He's sorta like Eric Staal in the sense that there seems to be this persistent (and frankly baffling) opinion that he's a 90-100 pt C and he's not, the numbers simply don't support it. He's been under ppg most of his career so he's more accurately labelled as a 70-80 pt C than anything.

Landeskog also brings peripheral stats:

Landeskog will out-hit him 3-1
    Landeskog will out-block him 2-1
    Landeskog will out-PIM him 3-1

all the other stats (cept maybe goals) Kopitar has the edge for the moment but I would be cautious of selling Landeskog at this point because I don't think we've seen anything yet, especially not with Nate MacKinnon joining him in the near future and them playing a similar style of game. I'm not saying the deal isn't fair or perhaps even worth it for you this year, I just have a sneaking suspicion that you'll be able to get much more for Landeskog in a year or two if you can afford to sit on him
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; July 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Made the trade. I feel like I am going to regret this haha. Thank you all for taking your time to give your opinions and details to go with them.

12 H2H Dynasty: