Thread: Need a 2nd D keeper...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Need a 2nd D keeper...

Team & scoring in signature.

After acquiring Pietrangelo at the trade deadline last year, he is 1 of my definite keepers. However, I am not quite so sure about what to do with my 2nd option. I have kept Doughty the past couple years, but am thinking about moving him for a high draft pick. I could also keep Enstrom (his PTS/G are good, but have health concerns for him)...have also thought about Streit (older, but should be able to put up good points for a few years still).

I really am not sure what to do with this spot.

Any DobberNation advice would be appreciated.
    KEEPER LEAGUE
    --> 10 team points-only keeper; 20 roster moves; rosters roll over to playoffs
    --> 12F-6D-2G [bench]; keep 4F-2D-1G-1WC
    --> F&D: G/A = 1; hat-trick = 2 bonus
    --> G: W = 2; OTL = 1; SO = 2 bonus

Keeper: Makar

Dobber Sports Monster

What players could you be looking at with the high draft pick?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Doughty is 23 do not move him unless the return is huge.

He should be your keeper.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Superstar

Tough to say. I like Doughty, but in a points only, you wonder if his production is limited. He is probably in the 35-45 range on a consistent basis, but he has shown he can hit 50 or 60 even if that is an unlikely event at this point.

I would suggest you trade him for an upgrade, but what can you really upgrade at this point? Tavares to Crosby? Maybe if you could get that to fly.

If you're trading Doughty for a high pick, you need to be in a position to win I think, as in you have 2-3 1st round picks (your keepers are excellent). I have more worries with both Enstrom (health) and Streit (age), so I'm not sure I let go of the consistent Doughty until I'm in a position to go all out.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

For me... there are a TON (a TON!!!) of defensemen that are going to take turns finishing in the 2nd-15th range of NHL scoring defensemen at 40-55pts.

I'm not investing too highly in any of them.
    With 18 skaters (keeping only 6), those high draft picks are SIGNIFICANT.

Let's peg Doughty at 50pts and Streit at 40pts.
    I think a first or second round picks (which would be your 8th skater, perhaps) could at LEAST outpoint an end-of-draft skater pick (your 18th skater) by 15+pts.

So... there is significant value.
    IMO... defensemen value fluctuates so amazingly that if you get offered a 1st or 2nd round pick for Doughty, I'd take it.

Your team is SO strong that I think getting those draft picks that will be your 8th/9th/10th is skaters when you count 18... is smart.

I'd move Doughty (maybe 50pts) and keep Enstrom (40pts).