Thread: Strome or Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Strome or Tarasenko

Hi all. I have recently started a re-build on my team. Most of which will be completed by the end of the upcoming season with a little more work next year. The culmination of this rebuild will be at my leagues rookie draft following the 2014/2015 season where I will set myself up to hopefully be drafting 1st overall and take McDavid.
    In the mean time I'm now in the middle of trade negotiations with a GM and it has come down to me wanting Tarasenko and him offering Strome. Both are highly rated. Both would be in my active roster starting the 2015/2016 season. So put on your future cap folks. Who would you rather have from that point forward?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by sergioel View Post
    The culmination of this rebuild will be at my leagues rookie draft following the 2014/2015 season where I will set myself up to hopefully be drafting 1st overall and take McDavid.

Seriously? So your "goal" is to tank over the next few years to get McDavid? What a waste. Glad you're not in my league.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

On top of being skilled, Strome is apparently friends with Tavares, so I would expect that he will find himself playing alongside him in the not too distant future. Tarasenko is possibly more skilled, but may be held back by the depth and the system in St. Louis.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Both are super elite prospects. I went out of my way to acquire both of them in my sim league. I tend to view it as Tarasenko is a better goal scorer and Strome is a better playmaker,but they both can do both extremely well. If the other GM wants to hang on to Tarasenko, I see nothing wrong with Strome as an equal substitute since he could be playing with Tavares as soon as this coming season and together they would dominate. Both Tarasenko and Strome have 100 point upside but it's very tough to say who is the "better" prospect at this point. Strome is younger, but Tarasenko has already made a pretty flawless transition to the NHL, so for that reason I may give the slightest edge to Tarasenko, but both prospects are going to be stars. In a trade I think they have about equal value and I would always recommend getting either one or both if you are going for a rebuild.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Seriously? So your "goal" is to tank over the next few years to get McDavid? What a waste. Glad you're not in my league.
    Hardly. That is the culmination. The final component. The cherry on the cake. My team was becoming a bit too expensive but more importantly was what most would call "old". Key contributers included D. Sedin, Zetterberg, and Crosby (25% of my total cap on his salary). The team finished 2nd, 5th, 3rd the last 3 years. And my cupboard was very bare in terms of tradeable future assets. So I made a decision to strip this down, and aquire the best possible return for my key pieces. 2 weeks ago my propects/farm were Frk and Marcantuoni. Neither scream "awesome". Take a look at the farm team now in my sig. Big difference, and not to mention some high end prospects added. I guess I'll be adding Granlund and Strome to that bunch now. Suffice it to say the future looks very bright. And with our champion walking away with roughly $1500 in his pocket every year I'd say I'm gearing up for a few titles in the next decade.

Dobber Sports Legend

Tarasenko.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka