Thread: St Louis/D Sedin

Dobber Sports Stud

Default St Louis/D Sedin

How much longer do you expect production out of these two guys for the league in my sig.

I have a chance to acquire both for Skinner +++

The GM is rebuilding, seems like a no brainer?

The +++ would be a 1st, Conacher, Murphy most likely

The pick is just the 2014 prospect draft, but i do own the 5th overall in this years draft which he may ask for, if that were the case would you still do it? (Likely Monahan, Nichuskin, Lindholm)
    Last edited by Yonald; July 13, 2013 at 2:57 PM.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Giant

MSL could be playing another 3-4 years easily with his elite level conditioning and desire to play the game. He's in fantastic shape at 37, and if Teemu Selanne can do what he's doing right now with injury issues, then I believe MSL can easily do the same considering the shape he is in.

Daniel Sedin, on the other hand, is only 32 and still arguably in the latter years if his athletic prime. A prolific goal scorer and point producer for the last several years, Daniel showed last season (w/Henrik) that he can play tougher defensive minutes as well, and his complete game has probably never been better (ask Canucks Army!). This, to me, is a great sign that the Sedins have a lot left in the tank. I'd expect another 3-4 years of elite level production followed by a few declining years (yes, the Twins could play until 40+. They just think the game so well).

So, ultimately I think you've got at least 2-3 years of top-tier production from BOTH these players: D Sedin and MSL. After that, MSL will be on the decline and closer to retirement while Daniel could be starting his own decline shortly thereafter. This is a good trade for you if you're a contending team, looking to bolster your forward production over the next 3-year window.

As for the value of the package you're sending for these two, I'm not thrilled with the draft pick being the #5 selection from this year me draft. You could likely draft Nichushkin in that slot, and you'd be giving up a lot of value with a top-5 pick in this years draft class. I would much prefer the pick to be from 2014 -- delaying the loss, as it were.

As for Skinner, he's definitely good buy-low candidate but it seems to me like you're definitely getting fair value in return. This is somewhat surprising given his injury concerns and lackluster 2012-13 season. But that's irrelevant, you're not selling him low in this case, despite the fact this move makes you much older.

Losing Conacher and Murphy (Ryan?) hurts a bit, but these guys aren't exactly going to blow the roof off and contribute to a championship roster this season. There is potential there, but nothing insane that would make you think twice before shipping them off. Conacher should be a steady performer, but there isn't any MSL/Sedin type upside in his future. Murphy is a longshot for the 2013-14 season at best.

Like I said, I would make this move if you can use the 2014 pick in the deal instead of your 5th overall this season. Make it happen and enjoy the next few years of elite production from MSL/Sedin.
    Last edited by mounD; July 13, 2013 at 3:40 PM.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Stud

Excellent post!

It is Ryan Murphy. I don't want to give up this years first. Since its a 12 team league and I won this year my pick would be 12 but I moved it and the 5 I own is from another gm. So if I move next years it should be around 10-12 especially after making a deal like this. Having won 2 of the past 3 years I was looking to get younger seeing as I have some aging guys I'm relying on right now. Moving skinner doesn't help that but I'd still have Ryan, granlund, kuznetsov, bjugstad, tarasenko etc...
    12 Team HTH Keeper

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

Dobber Sports Stud

So this GM is a little all over the map...

but he has countered with his St Louis and Mike Smith for John Gibson and Jeff Skinner

I think I should accept seeing as goalies are hard to get in this league and Bryz is still a UFA

Thughts?
    12 Team HTH Keeper

Dobber Sports Giant

As a contending team, I actually really like that deal for you. I wouldn't want to have to rely on either Miller/Bryz, and this trade locks up a Smith-Holtby tandem for you to have throughout your championship window. Sending Skinner could sting a bit when MSL finally decides to hang 'em up, but over the next 2-4 years you'll have the superior option (as well as in net).

I'm a lot higher on Smith than most after his lackluster 2012-13 season, but he's signed long term in the best possible situation for him: Dave Tippett's defense-first goalie friendly system. Gibson has all the tools to be a stud in Anaheim's crease, but we're talking at least a few years until that's even remotely a reality.

Pull the trigger, IMO.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin