Thread: Bernier vs Emery

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Bernier vs Emery

In a limited keeper league...only for next year...and with the 3 categories being:

Wins
    GAA
    Save%

Who would you rather have between Bernier and Emery?

All comments are appreciated!
    12 Team Keeper (max 4 years) ($270 RLD)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, and 2 G weekly
    STATS: F (G,A,GWG) D (G,A,+/-) G (W,GAA,SV%)
    FWD -
    DEF-
    GOAL-

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by pittshamblyuins View Post
    In a limited keeper league...only for next year...and with the 3 categories being:

Wins
    GAA
    Save%

Who would you rather have between Bernier and Emery?

All comments are appreciated!
    This is a tough one and its literally a toss-up. Both could be great and both could be just ordinary. I imagine both tenders have stretches of solid play follwed by some clunkers, and so on.

I'd more likely go with Bernier here, for the sake of if he hits, he's a better trade value given his situation and age. So he'd be a better trade piece than Emery would be. So i'd go with Bernier mainly for this reason.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well if it is for the league in your signature, with Rask and Lundqvist and 2 goalies starting weekly, it probably isn't going to matter much.

My gut says for one year that Emery is the call. You are using your choice to protect against injury really - I just think Emery is more assured of getting a decent number of starts.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm going with Bernier on this one. Really think he steals the show in T.O finally. He has been patient long enough and won't screw his shot up
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Didn't Emery have degnerative hips that almost ended his career? I can't imagine that sort of thing is just magically cured. So, for health concerns, I have to go with Bernier even though I think he's going to see an unbelievable amount of rubber next year.
    Agreed! Bothpoints

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Bernier.
    I think the Leafs are a much better defensive team than the Flyers.

Emery was solid this year for CHICAGO against only Western Conference foes.
    THAT, is about to change. The CHI defense is WAY better than PHI. That's a serious difference.
    Picking a goalie for fantasy hockey should be very heavily influenced by team... especially their defensemen or defensive system.

Dobber Sports Sage

Bernier! Leafs D is way better then Phillys and he will not see nearly as many shots as people think. The Leafs D was a lot better then people give them credit for. They give up so many shots because Reimer can not handle the puck and has horrible rebound control. I would bet my house that the shots against go down dramatically when he is net.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.