View Poll Results: Which one will put the greatest numbers next year ?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lecavalier

1 2.63%
  • Alfredson

1 2.63%
  • Seguin

9 23.68%
  • Ryan

24 63.16%
  • Ribeiro

3 7.89%
  • Horton

0 0%
  • Briere

0 0%
  • Roy

0 0%
  • Clarkson

0 0%
  • Filppulla

0 0%

Thread: Who will be the best this year ?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who will be the best this year ?

All players who have changed teams this post season, who you think will put the greatest numbers next season !

Lecavalier
    Alfredsson
    Seguin
    Ribeiro
    B.Ryan
    Roy
    Briere
    Horton
    Clarkson
    Filppula

If you have one to choose, which one it is ?
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would go with ribeiro

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd go with Ryan or Seguin in any format...in that order.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Its's close ... but I wil go with Ryan I think he is ready to take another step.

Dobber Sports Giant

I'm with Bondon on this one: Bobby Ryan and Seguin are definitely the most "talented" forwards in this group, and they've both seemingly landed in great situations in OTT and DAL, respectively.

I'd probably give the slight edge to Ryan (position, situation); however, I doubt you could go wrong with either selection. I'd be pretty confident projecting 70+ for each of these guys. Slight edge to Ryan for his "winger" status (guaranteed) and his proven track record of goal-scoring in the NHL.

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Guru

If Ribeiro went anywhere but Phoenix, I think he'd be the safest choice.
    I think Ryan is the one I'd roll with here, Seguin as second as well.

Both will get all kinds of opportunities in their new cities.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Icon

Seguin is my choice, playing full time on a top line with Benn on his wing means breakout seasons for both of these guys. Seguin is going to make it easy for all the headline writers to call the trade a "mistake" from the Bruins perspective. (Preemptive note: it wasn't, he wouldn't reach his potential in Boston) I figure he and Benn finish with 85-90 points.

If Spezza plays a full season (he won't) then Ryan would be my choice. With Spezza missing ~20 games, Ryan will finish 5-10 points behind Seguin.

Riberio is very underrated but I don't put him on the same level as the others, I think he finishes around 70-points in Phoenix.

If Lecavalier plays a full season (again doubtful) I could see around 65-70 points. Given his recent history, I have him pegged for around 50-55 points in 65 games.

I'd give Alfredsson a shot at 60 points in a full season in Detroit, but given his age and the potential for injuries, I don't see him reaching that level either.

Filpulla would have an outside shot at 60. Horton is out until at least December which will drop his totals significantly. Roy, Clarkson and Briere have a combined percentage of around 1% of even approaching the 60-point mark.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

Ryan for me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Seguin is my choice, playing full time on a top line with Benn on his wing means breakout seasons for both of these guys. Seguin is going to make it easy for all the headline writers to call the trade a "mistake" from the Bruins perspective. (Preemptive note: it wasn't, he wouldn't reach his potential in Boston) I figure he and Benn finish with 85-90 points.
    In the year before the lockout season, only THREE players hit 85.
    No chance they both finish there. That would put both solidly in the top ten in scoring -- and outside of St.Louis/Stamkos or Malkin/Crosby, I just don't see teammates doing it. You could be correct in that Seguin's the choice (I'd still favor Ryan), but the projections are a bit nutty.

The two are good. They aren't that good.

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Monster

Seguin and Ryan stand out from that group. I expect Seguin to really take off this year.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    In the year before the lockout season, only THREE players hit 85.
    No chance they both finish there. That would put both solidly in the top ten in scoring -- and outside of St.Louis/Stamkos or Malkin/Crosby, I just don't see teammates doing it. You could be correct in that Seguin's the choice (I'd still favor Ryan), but the projections are a bit nutty.

The two are good. They aren't that good.
    2011-2012 was an anomaly in that aspect though imo. Crosby missed significant time and Ovie was not himself. Spezza and Kovalchuk both would have hit the mark if they hadn't missed the few games that they did. It was a down-year.

Last year comes with the caveat that it was a shortened season but 16 players played at 1.03 points per game which would put them at 85. Take out band-aid boys like Lupul, Vanek and Letang and it still leaves you with 13 players who reached an 85-point pace.

2010-2011 featured 7 players reach 85-points while 13 played at the 85-point pace.
    2009-2010 had 12 players reach the 85-point mark out of the 15 that were on pace for it.

Realistically I think 9 or 10 players reach the 85 mark this season. I do believe that Seguin and Benn will be 2 of those players (if healthy). Benn has a bit of an injury history, so perhaps he doesn't reach the mark but I bet he will be on pace for it.

Just for fun, here are the teammates in Top 10 scoring by season for the last few years:
    2009/2010 - Backstrom/Ovie, Stamkos/St Louis
    2010/2011 - Sedins, Perry/Selanne, Stamkos/St Louis
    2011/2012 - Malkin/Neal, Kovalchuk/Elias
    2012/2013 - Stamkos/St Louis, Crosby/Kunitz

So, as you can see, it's a pretty common occurrence for teammates to finish together in the top 10. If Elias and Kovalchuk can get in there together, I don't see why a Segun/Benn combo is so unrealistic.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Apprentice

2011-2012 was an anomaly in that aspect though imo. Crosby missed significant time and Ovie was not himself. Spezza and Kovalchuk both would have hit the mark if they hadn't missed the few games that they did. It was a down-year.

Last year comes with the caveat that it was a shortened season but 16 players played at 1.03 points per game which would put them at 85. Take out band-aid boys like Lupul, Vanek and Letang and it still leaves you with 13 players who reached an 85-point pace.

2010-2011 featured 7 players reach 85-points while 13 played at the 85-point pace.
    2009-2010 had 12 players reach the 85-point mark out of the 15 that were on pace for it.

Realistically I think 9 or 10 players reach the 85 mark this season. I do believe that Seguin and Benn will be 2 of those players (if healthy). Benn has a bit of an injury history, so perhaps he doesn't reach the mark but I bet he will be on pace for it.

Just for fun, here are the teammates in Top 10 scoring by season for the last few years:

So, as you can see, it's a pretty common occurrence for teammates to finish together in the top 10. If Elias and Kovalchuk can get in there together, I don't see why a Segun/Benn combo is so unrealistic.
    Yeah, Spezza -Ryan duo could hit ppg this year, but I think Seguin and Benn are bit far away from this mark but who know's !!!

Dobber Sports Guru

Good response with some solid research.
    I'd still take "The Under" every time if that bet was offered.
    It'd be a significant jump for both players -- which wasn't the case for any of the above combos.

I'd put 85 more as an LTU than a realistic projection, but...

Dobber Sports Stud

I'll say Ryan and then Seguin. I think that's the general consensus. Two players with something to prove this season. Be interesting to see who actually delivers.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot