Thread: parise for seguin?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default parise for seguin?

In a limited keeper (6) and points only, no position requirements

would you trade parise for seguin?

What are your projections for the two of them?

REP available

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by dbrzrk View Post

REP available

I wouldn't make this trade. I don't understand all the love for Seguin (mind you I rarely watch a Bruins game). Having said that, I really like the idea of him playing with Benn but I don't see Seguin hitting 70 points this year. maybe next year he will. For Parise I see him steadily hitting 70-85 points for the next 3-4 years.

Dobber Sports Monster

REP available
    I take Parise.

I need Seguin to show me more before I can justify making this type of a trade.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I must admit I agree with your assessment, to be honest the only reason I am considering it is because I am a Benn owner.

The Wolverine

I think that Parise may be a bit overrated based on his history. Since his 82 point season in 09/10, he's had one injured season and then two in the 65-70 point range (pro-rated this past season). So while trading a more established player for someone who has one 67 point season under his belt may be a bit risky, going forward there may not be much difference between them. I'm interested in seeing Parise with a full season in Minny - that will give me a sense of his proper value.

I know this may not help all that much, as I really don't know what to expect of them both, but I wonder how much difference there is between the real and perceived value of Parise point wise. The safe option is Parise, but if you really believe in Seguin breaking out towards PPG someday, this might be a good time to acquire him.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I wouldn't make this trade. I don't understand all the love for Seguin (mind you I rarely watch a Bruins game). Having said that, I really like the idea of him playing with Benn but I don't see Seguin hitting 70 points this year. maybe next year he will. For Parise I see him steadily hitting 70-85 points for the next 3-4 years.
    Seguin hit 67pts in his 2nd year playing on the 2nd line wing. I think there's a great chance he hits 70pts setting up Jamie Benn. Especially with the depth Dallas recently acquired.

Conventional wisdom would suggest you take the proven Parise.

Point per game averages last 2 seasons.
    Parise - .82
    Seguin - .76

Pretty comparable. It really depends how risky you are. I love Seguins upside and like the risk/reward here. If you choose seguin, and Parise ends up getting more points, it won't be by a lot. But I think Seguin has 90pt upside. I don't see Parise getting there again.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I think that Parise may be a bit overrated based on his history. Since his 82 point season in 09/10, he's had one injured season and then two in the 65-70 point range (pro-rated this past season). So while trading a more established player for someone who has one 67 point season under his belt may be a bit risky, going forward there may not be much difference between them. I'm interested in seeing Parise with a full season in Minny - that will give me a sense of his proper value.

I know this may not help all that much, as I really don't know what to expect of them both, but I wonder how much difference there is between the real and perceived value of Parise point wise. The safe option is Parise, but if you really believe in Seguin breaking out towards PPG someday, this might be a good time to acquire him.
    yeah i think that people are still looking at parise by name and dont realize that yet again he took another hit in his ppg this past season

even with throwing out the injury season he has seen his numbers decline 3 straight times now

thats not to say he is a lock to keep declining but the 80-90 point promise of parise ship has sailed imo

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

The safe bet would be choosing Parise. Both he and Seguin have had similar production in the last 2 seasons but Parise has shown his ceiling.

However, Parise is much more valuable in a roto, whereas in a points-only-no-positions league, it brings them closer. Further, I would like to see how Seguin fairs with star-forward like Benn, and with first line TOI.

If your trading Parise, ask for any pick with Seguin, and that would at least make me feel more comfortable with choosing Seguin. While it is riskier, I would probably choose Seguin.

Safe: Parise
    Risky: Seguin

Ask: for Seguin+a pick
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree with robmyatt.

It really depends where your team is and how much risk you can afford to take on.

It's a very close offer but if you can afford to take a bit of risk (I like my teams to have balance and will take on a couple of riskier players) then I'd be very tempted. In that case, as hockeyprohetmentioned I might ask for a bit of a sweetener.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    The safe bet would be choosing Parise. Both he and Seguin have had similar production in the last 2 seasons but Parise has shown his ceiling.

However, Parise is much more valuable in a roto, whereas in a points-only-no-positions league, it brings them closer. Further, I would like to see how Seguin fairs with star-forward like Benn, and with first line TOI.

If your trading Parise, ask for any pick with Seguin, and that would at least make me feel more comfortable with choosing Seguin. While it is riskier, I would probably choose Seguin.

Safe: Parise
    Risky: Seguin

Ask: for Seguin+a pick

I agree with this assessment. Straight up I wouldn't do it. But, if you can highlight the proven vs unproven risk you're taken and get the other side to sweeten the deal it might be worth it.

Seguin will get top regular and PP minutes and he's 21. Having already hit mid-high 60 points in his second season on a Boston type team, I think he'd eclipse 70 in the next season or two. I frankly think he has the talent and now the opportunity to break 80 within two to three years.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'll take Seguin thank you!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Giant

id take parise by about 5-10 points.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Interesting comments. When I originally read the OP I didn't comment because I had no idea. I love Parise and don't want that to cloud my judgement but I also love Seguin and don't want that to cloud my judgement haha. I would say most of the posters are correct. Seguin has a lower downside and a higher upside. Parise is steady. A range for Parise is like 60-75 where for Seguin its 50-80+. Depends what risk you want to take.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for all the replies guys, gave rep where i could, will give again once I can...

I would agreee with the general consensus here. Parise is the safe bet, where seguin has the risk/reward factor. I made the offer to him and he is on the fence with it, so getting him to sweeten the pot will be difficult. If anything I might need to sweeten it if I really want seguin that bad (not sure I do), but thats why I started this thread.

Dobber Sports Stud

If anything I might need to sweeten it if I really want seguin that bad (not sure I do), but thats why I started this thread.
    If you need to give more, then not worth it.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot