Thread: Jenner or miller

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Jenner or miller

Hey guys need your help who would you rather have in a keeper league Boone Jenner or jt miller. It is a sim league that defence plays a factor. What does everyone think

Dobber Sports Rookie

And everyone's thoughts on upside would be great for both

Dobber Sports Pro

Hey man,

Welcome to the boards.
    We'll need to know a bit more about your league setup to make an accurate assessment.

FWIW, I would lean toward Boone Jenner. There may be some members here who feel Miller has the higher upside here but I've seen Boone play a few times and he's NHL ready.

He had a great showing in the AHL at the end of last season too with 4 points in 5 games. He'll be a big strong powerforward. So if your league counts hits and/or PIMS you'll want Boooooone.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't know much about SIM leagues and how they reward points but if I had to pick, I would probably go with Miller. I think he has top 6 potential while I see Jenner as a perfect third line centre long term. I am a big Jenner fan too fwiw. His brother plays at Acadia University for the Axemen (see my profile pic, but no thats not Leo in the pic).
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

The way the league operates is ratings are generated based on previous seasons performance and you set you lines and the games get simmed through a computer program that gives the results.

S it's basically like you are the gm coach everything. So defensive play and things of that nature play more of a role.

It's not like 1 goal equals a point. The goal is to win the cup plain and simple.

I have a fairly young middle of the back team right now but other gm wanted

Either frattin ( anyone have thoughts?) nyquist (no chance he's getting him) or jt miller (thus the debate)

Anyone else got thoughts?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jmcbain87 View Post
    The way the league operates is ratings are generated based on previous seasons performance and you set you lines and the games get simmed through a computer program that gives the results.

S it's basically like you are the gm coach everything. So defensive play and things of that nature play more of a role.

It's not like 1 goal equals a point. The goal is to win the cup plain and simple.

I have a fairly young middle of the back team right now but other gm wanted

Either frattin ( anyone have thoughts?) nyquist (no chance he's getting him) or jt miller (thus the debate)

Anyone else got thoughts?
    So...
    This sounds pretty neat.
    Is it like a video game where players have ratings for various attributes (skills) and they are weighted head to head against the team? If that's the case I would simply pick who is ranked higher from last year. In that case It's probably Miller since he's actually played 26 NHL games.