Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weirdest Place You've Made A Draft Pick

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Weirdest Place You've Made A Draft Pick

Ok so we've all obviously participated in a fantasy hockey draft, and I am bettin' money we've all been " on the clock" at various times throughout any given day in any given draft and have found yourself " ourselves' in " weird" locations, such as in the pool as a text goes off, or maybe ironing clothes, or maybe something really outlandish. So, where is the " weirdest" spot or situation you've made a draft pick or texted in a draft pick to a league mate?

Banned

ha! great qst...i don't know if either of these are weird, but once I almost got thrown off an airplane for not properly turning off my 'electronic device' as that device in this case was my smartphone and I was frantically refreshing and hoping to get my pick off...another time I was at a bachelor party knee deep in strippers and trying to txt in my pick while they kept stealing my phone and threatening to put it in places no smartphone should go

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'll start it off since I was part of the inspiration for this thread.

Today I made a pick in my sister in laws pool with my wife's phone. Didn't want to hold up the draft and of course wreck my phone in the process! Picks were Jared Cowen and Brandon Pirri for anybody who is curious.

Normally I make my picks on the shitter .... With 2 kids sometimes that's the only place I get alone time.

On another note I'm not that big of an A-hole to use my wife's phone as opposed to mine. My family is in the US on vacation and my wife is American with a US phone plan (free data). My phone would probably cost me $10 just to make a pick ... I'm dedicated, but not a $10 a selection.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In the midst of clogging the neighbor's toilet.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In the Fire truck engine, while we were responding on a call for a accident !
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    ha! great qst...i don't know if either of these are weird, but once I almost got thrown off an airplane for not properly turning off my 'electronic device' as that device in this case was my smartphone and I was frantically refreshing and hoping to get my pick off...another time I was at a bachelor party knee deep in strippers and trying to txt in my pick while they kept stealing my phone and threatening to put it in places no smartphone should go
    haha I could see you causing a disturbance and having to deal with Homeland Security haha. " But it was just a fantasy hockey draft pick.... Honest".

" Yea right sure, come with us please"

haha

Dobber Sports Sage

I conducted a football draft while in the visitors room while my wife was in labor. We knew she wouldn't deliver for hours. I won that league.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    I conducted a football draft while in the visitors room while my wife was in labor. We knew she wouldn't deliver for hours. I won that league.
    I think we have a winner!

Administrator

Not sure if the link will work but we were out training one day this week and found cell service at the top of this hill in what you will hopefully see is the absolute middle of nowhere. https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=google...ed=0CCwQ8gEwAA
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

On the crapper while in a restaurant. It was not glamorous but it worked.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    On the crapper while in a restaurant. It was not glamorous but it worked.
    The pick, the crap, the crapper or the restaurant?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

I once drafted my entire team online while pretending to take notes on my laptop in the middle of a live 2 hour client presentation in the boardroom.

At the start of the presentation I strategically took the corner seat of the long table so nobody could see my screen haha.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I once drafted my entire team online while pretending to take notes on my laptop in the middle of a live 2 hour client presentation in the boardroom.

At the start of the presentation I strategically took the corner seat of the long table so nobody could see my screen haha.
    lol, this is awesome!

I'd like to say that I while in Kabul during a rocket attack, but thankfully that never happened!! Great stories guys, although far too many involve toilets!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Drafted an entire team 20 mins after stepping off a 30 hour bus ride through the Ecuadorian countryside, in Quito. Altitude sickness hit hard on the way in (or was it avian flu from all the livestock on the bus with us?) so I was trudging back and forth from the bathroom to my computer, liquids exiting from everywhere between rounds and the only solids I could take in were my picks (zing!).

I won the league that season, but I was playing a group of newbies. #noregrets

Dobber Sports Master

I cannot compete with any of the stories here but I'd like to say this thread is chock full of awesomeness.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril