Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Signing] Cal Clutterbuck (NYI)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Clutterbuck and Tavares played on a line together is Oshawa on 06-07 and Clutterbuck managed to get 89-points in 65-games. They had good chemistry. I have my doubts that he holds down a spot on the top line for long, but wouldn't be surprised to see him get a cup of coffee with JT.
    I wish I could rep you again man, that's a really good nugget. I had no idea.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I wish I could rep you again man, that's a really good nugget. I had no idea.
    bondon said "nugget"
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Found some gold in an old article I recently read:

At the 2005 OHL trade deadline, Clutterbuck was dealt to the Oshawa Generals. The Generals were awful and were able to draft Tavares, then a 14-year-old phenom, first overall after the league created an “exceptional player” clause so Tavares could enter a year sooner than rules permitted.

“I used to make fun of him being so young. I called him, ‘My little pigeon, my little puppet,’” Clutterbuck said.

For two years, Clutterbuck and Tavares were linemates. In 2006-07, Tavares scored 72 goals to break Wayne Gretzky’s OHL record for goals by a 16-year-old and registered 134 points. That same year, Clutterbuck scored 35 goals and 89 points.

When Clutterbuck, the Wild’s third-round pick in 2006, left for Houston the following season, Tavares’ production “slipped” to 40 goals and 118 points.

“I realized last year how much I missed Cal’s presence,” Tavares said earlier this year. “He always had guys looking over their shoulders. He made guys second guess things and turn pucks over, and that created a lot of opportunities for myself.”

Clutterbuck said the most infamous hit was on superpest Patrick Kaleta, the former Peterborough Pete who now plays for the Buffalo Sabres. Kaleta used to take runs at Tavares every game until …

“I hit him with a football block,” Clutterbuck said, laughing. “He was going into kill Johnny and I came out of nowhere and just hammered him. Just laid him out. He never hit Johnny again. Johnny was the franchise guy and my job was to make sure nothing too crazy happened to him.”

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/213760171.html

Think Clutterbuck will get some looks on JT's line? I say hell yes.

Also loved the part where Clutterbuck tells how he hammered Kaleta!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Moulson will take spot duty next to JT at times, and a Bailey - Tavares - Clutterbuck first line actually seems really effective. It will be interesting seeing how these lines develop together coming out of the fall. Wish they secured a more go-to ready guy to back up Nabby but things are looking up for them regardless. I just don't see how they could make same mistake twice. Other than that they are looking good! F and D corps look solid.
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES