Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Comish Dynasty Categories for 2014-15

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey guys, about to head out for a couple of weeks vacay (not a real word, don't tell the grammar Nazi on me, puh-leeze, oops, I did it again). Back 1 Aug, then we can get cracking on the way ahead and hopefully open up trading...that is, if everyone is down to the 30 player max by then! Then maybe open slow draft with trading allowed throughout.

I've got three other leagues that require some attention (one where I had Kovalchuk...in a non-salary cap money league - the worst possible combo, absolutely no silver lining) as well, but not nearly as much as this one. I've got to avoid relegation while adding younger players to my roster.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. Later gents.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Hey guys, about to head out for a couple of weeks vacay (not a real word, don't tell the grammar Nazi on me, puh-leeze, oops, I did it again). Back 1 Aug, then we can get cracking on the way ahead and hopefully open up trading...that is, if everyone is down to the 30 player max by then! Then maybe open slow draft with trading allowed throughout.

I've got three other leagues that require some attention (one where I had Kovalchuk...in a non-salary cap money league - the worst possible combo, absolutely no silver lining) as well, but not nearly as much as this one. I've got to avoid relegation while adding younger players to my roster.

Have a great vacation!! Lookin' forward to your return and getting things going.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Unfortunately for moi, I have Kovalchump in our league. As compensation could I have the 1st overall pick? pretty puh-leeze. No? Damn. Could I at least drop his selfish ass and un-drop someone else? Maybe? Is that too many questions marks?

The only silver lining for me is that I'm not in cap trouble anymore. Yay? Also, I like things to be interesting, so it'll make it that much tougher to win/repeat without him. Challenge accepted!

Have a good vacay Russ!
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett

Dobber Sports Guru

I was in Vegas last weekend for a pal's wedding and in my drunken haze I had an epiphany about a perfect category to add. I had totally forgotten what this wonderful idea was until 5 minutes ago... and ****itall, Fantrax doesn't have it.

Penalties Drawn

Oh well.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

boys, i see a few trades posted. I assume we are good to post any activity / trades ? Have we decided on the categories for next year ?
    Comish Dynasty

24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    CAP = $1200
    G.A.+/-.PIM.STP.SOG.BS.HITS
    W.GAA.SV%.SV

Tier 1
    C - Scheifele, Stamkos, Eichel, Komarov, D.Strome
    LW - Gaudreau, Palat, Schenn, Trocheck, Domi, Vatrano
    RW - Forsberg, T.Wilson, Clutterbuck, Shaw, Nichoshkin
    D - PK, OEL, Trouba, Jones, Martinez, Myers, Despres, Beauchemin, Pouiliot,
    G - Allen, Elliott, Gibson

Cap = $1116

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bctopdawg View Post
    boys, i see a few trades posted. I assume we are good to post any activity / trades ? Have we decided on the categories for next year ?
    Yep, trades are good to go. Slow draft to start no sooner than 3 Sep 13 (after the long weekend in Canada). I'll (or someone else in our league will) email who's up. One of us can post a thread for each round, much like last year.

I have just re-sent an email to all, let me know if you didn't get it - send me an email. I only have 8 votes and require a minimum of 13 to carry the proposals through or not. Obviously, I would like the majority to reply if possible. In the last email I just sent, there was a late proposal that I thought might be something the majority might like, so I added it. Here are the category change proposals (to take effect for the 2014-15 season, if approved):

1. Add Hits
    2. Add Blocked Shots
    3. Add Time on Ice (not Avg TOI)
    4. Change PPP to include SHP to be renamed Special Teams Points (STP)

5. Change protections from 30 to 32 and the 5 round draft to a 3 round draft.

The Comish

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yep, trades are good to go. Slow draft to start no sooner than 3 Sep 13 (after the long weekend in Canada). I'll (or someone else in our league will) email who's up. One of us can post a thread for each round, much like last year.

I have just re-sent an email to all, let me know if you didn't get it - send me an email. I only have 8 votes and require a minimum of 13 to carry the proposals through or not. Obviously, I would like the majority to reply if possible. In the last email I just sent, there was a late proposal that I thought might be something the majority might like, so I added it. Here are the category change proposals (to take effect for the 2014-15 season, if approved):

1. Add Hits
    2. Add Blocked Shots
    3. Add Time on Ice (not Avg TOI)
    4. Change PPP to include SHP to be renamed Special Teams Points (STP)

5. Change protections from 30 to 32 and the 5 round draft to a 3 round draft.

The Comish
    I have 15 replies, still looking for a few more votes to hit a majority for the category changes.

Dobber Sports Ace

agree to all
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)