Thread: Keep 11 Help

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keep 11 Help

Just to start off, I have taken over the team in my signature from an absent manager, which was a 1 year expansion franchise. This is why the team is in rough shape, but I am looking forward to the rebuild.

This league has a limited number of years on keepers, which means players including Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Rask, Lundqvist, etc. are available in the draft and I have the 1st overall pick.

I would like some advice picking my keepers, but the list I am considering is as follows:

Fleischmann, Richards, Krejci, Little, Goligoski, Martin, Tyutin, Hedman, Smith, Reimer, Brodeur

I don't think I should protect Brodeur after the Schneider trade, even Reimer is questionable.

So, should I put Roy, Boedker, or Henrique instead of Brodeur?

I am leaning towards Ovechkin at 1st overall, but do I need to draft a goalie?

Any advice appreciated.
    Yahoo roto 15 team limited keeper league
    22 man roster - 3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 1 W, 1 F, 5 D, 2 G, 6 BN
    Stats - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, PPG, W, SV%, GAA

My Current Keeper Roster
    Forwards: J. Pavelski, G. Landeskog, N. Kucherov, M. Zibanejad,
    A. Henrique, A. Ovechkin, C. Perry
    D-Men: D. Hamilton, T.J. Brodie, T. Myers
    Goalies: S. Varlamov

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Lesion View Post
    Just to start off, I have taken over the team in my signature from an absent manager, which was a 1 year expansion franchise. This is why the team is in rough shape, but I am looking forward to the rebuild.

This league has a limited number of years on keepers, which means players including Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Rask, Lundqvist, etc. are available in the draft and I have the 1st overall pick.

I would like some advice picking my keepers, but the list I am considering is as follows:

Fleischmann, Richards, Krejci, Little, Goligoski, Martin, Tyutin, Hedman, Smith, Reimer, Brodeur

I don't think I should protect Brodeur after the Schneider trade, even Reimer is questionable.

So, should I put Roy, Boedker, or Henrique instead of Brodeur?

I am leaning towards Ovechkin at 1st overall, but do I need to draft a goalie?

Any advice appreciated.
    I think you have to really consider Crosby and Malkin in that order before Ovey. Also Henrique is very keeper worthy in your position over one of the goalies. You could keep Brodeur for a year until you find a better alternative although I couldn't fault you for hanging on to Boedeker. Will you know which goalies are available in the draft before you make final cuts?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1. There's no SOG or HIT in this league... so take Crosby at #1.

2. You keep your goalies in a 15-team league. They are simply hard to come by and have value for just that reason. You will still be able to trade them during the year for players to improve your rebuild.

3. It is very hard to re-build in a limited years keeper. You essentially have to target a year down the road as your "win year". When you say limited-years, I'll assume it is three. (It may take some effort to explain it, but if you want a good reply & more replies... you need to clarify that).

4. The keepers you list are fine. You aren't going to win. What you need to do is just to spend the entire year trading away your "hot" players for future value. At some point, Brodeur & Reimer may be the #1 goalie. Trade them at that point. If Schneider or Bernier get injured, trade your guys to those teams... at that point. You consistently want to flip your "hot" players for somebody that may be injured or cold but will be a better option NEXT year.

Do that all year long...

Dobber Sports Rookie

We keep 11 players per year with and each player drafted has a 3 year contact length.

After the player is kept for the 3 years, then they must go back in the draft.

Ovechkin was the highest rated player from pool geek for this pool setup last year. He has high value due to the PPG and PPA categaories.

I worry about Crosby's injury history as well.
    Yahoo roto 15 team limited keeper league
    22 man roster - 3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 1 W, 1 F, 5 D, 2 G, 6 BN
    Stats - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, PPG, W, SV%, GAA

My Current Keeper Roster
    Forwards: J. Pavelski, G. Landeskog, N. Kucherov, M. Zibanejad,
    A. Henrique, A. Ovechkin, C. Perry
    D-Men: D. Hamilton, T.J. Brodie, T. Myers
    Goalies: S. Varlamov

Dobber Sports Stud

Forwards: T. Fleischmann, D. Roy, A. Hemsky, A. McDonald, L. Stempniak, B. Richards, D. Krejci, A. Henrique, R. Bourque, B. Little, M. Boedker

D-Men: V. Hedman, F. Tyutin, B. Coburn, A. Goligoski, B. Smith, L. Sbisa, P. Martin

Goalies: J. Reimer, M. Brodeur, J.S. Giguere, P. Budaj

Prospects: M. Foligno

And I would take Crosby. Even if you are worried about his health. Somebody will over pay you for him. So I think he would be your best option on your roster and as a trade asset.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Lesion View Post
    Ovechkin was the highest rated player from pool geek for this pool setup last year. He has high value due to the PPG and PPA categaories.
    How far off was Crosby from Ovechkin's perceived value from pool geek?? Keep in mind that he missed more than a quarter of the season with a random injury...Crosby would be my no brainer pick here.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Crosby or Malkin over Ovechkin definitely. Ovechkin is only more important if hits and blocks count for a certain amount.

Drop Brodeur, keep Henrique. NJ is really short on forwards and lacking depth up there so he'll most likely get top line play with Kovalchuk or at least heavy 2nd line play. He'll be relied on a lot next season. Brodeur you might get one or even two seasons out of, but they could be of questionable quality in terms of save percentage and games played.

I'd draft a goalie. It's a deep league and you are really lacking a safe bet in goal. Smith is a very questionable goalie and Reimer's games played will be in question next season.