Thread: Kucherov/Slepyshev

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Kucherov/Slepyshev

I thought both of these kids played well in World Juniors. Nice to see the Oilers pick up Slepyshev (could be a steal there).

Projections? Predictions?
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Wizard

I really like Kucherov, although part of what I liked his how well his game would have meshed with Stamkos. With Drouin now in Tampa that possibility might be gone. He does have a game fit for a top line and if nothing else could become a top PP producer.

Slepyshev is a little tougher to gauge. He is a very good player, but was completely passed over in the draft last year because he's signed in Russia and has never really come out and showed interest in playing in the NHL. With the Oilers drafting him, with Yakupov and Belov on the team, along with Zharkov in the system I'm sure they're hoping to convince him to come over.

Both have top line potential. Check out Kucherov's stats from the MHL, the U18 a couple years ago, and the Quebec league. Obviously stat watching yada yada but it gives you a clue of his explosive ability.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

wouldn't count on either being NHL regulars (KHL of course, not because of talent).

that being said I think Kucherov would bet he obvious superior player of the two and he is in a decent situation going forward. I wouldn't touck Russians but I would recommend Kucherov if you want either of these two
    Last edited by Big Ev; July 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Slepyshev has stated if I'm correct that he has no intention of ever coming over so I would go with Kucherov. Of course Slepyshev could change his mind but I think there is a far greater chance at this point of Kucherov playing in the NHL.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kucherov has a lot of skill - I'd definately go with him. Even with Drouin, talented players will get a chance to show what they can do. Tampa has a lot of good forward prospects, and the majority of them are a lot closer to getting a shot to stay then Kucherov - having said that Kucherov in my opinion is the most talented of them (besides Drouin) and has legit first line potential.