Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iginla. What's next?

Administrator

If he wants to chase the ring he needs to take $1 million from whomever looks the best on paper.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by number54 View Post
    Sure they have the cap space. As long as Havlat is on the LTIR, he doesn't count towards the cap -- it's the same thing with Pronger. Look up Philly on capgeek.com if you don't believe me; they're listed as being over the cap, although Pronger doesn't actually count against it since he's on the LTIR.

Remember, teams don't have to meet the cap ceiling/floor during the offseason.
    Hmm, I'm not sure why my quote that you used has Shoeless' name... but I am aware of the cap benefits of putting a player on LTIR. Philly and Boston have been doing that with Pronger and Savard for some time now. The difference would be that a healthy player cannot be stashed there.

Pronger and Savard will never be able to play. If SJ is certain that Havlat would be out for at least a year then it would help, otherwise Havlat being healthy and ready to play could put them into serious cap trouble when he returns.

Hertl could be sent down plus Tennyson and Irwin also... those moves could open up the necessary space in a crunch. Maybe the Sharks would be a viable option.
    Last edited by hockeymanG23; July 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar