Thread: Keeper Help

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Keeper Help

I have an issue, granted it's a good issue... I can only keep 3 defence in my points only league I have 4 that are extremely good and should be kept and then two who could be kept in a pinch but usually aren't.
    My defence are:
    Erik Karlsson
    Mike Green
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dion Phaneuf
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Alex Goligoski

Now who would you keep and why? I am really looking for some help here.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    I have an issue, granted it's a good issue... I can only keep 3 defence in my points only league I have 4 that are extremely good and should be kept and then two who could be kept in a pinch but usually aren't.
    My defence are:
    Erik Karlsson
    Mike Green
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dion Phaneuf
    Alex Pietrangelo
    Alex Goligoski

Now who would you keep and why? I am really looking for some help here.
    For points only, Dobber has: 1. Karlsson; 6. AP; 7. Green; 16. OEL; 18. Phaneuf; 19. Goligoski.

It seems a no brainer to keep Karlsson and AP; they are young studs. Green makes me really nervous, and there is no way I persnoally rank him that high. I have a slight preference for OEL over Phaneuf.

Is there any chance you can package up two of Green, OEL, Phaneuf of Goligoski for an upgrade on your third guy? Basically, if there is a team that has only one stud d-man, you could perhaps offer than a two-for-one deal. That's what I'd be looking to do.

If it's not available, I keep OEL. I don't trust Green's health, and who knows what Washington team will show up next year...

Dobber Sports Stud

Erik Karlsson
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson
    Dion Phaneuf
    Alex Pietrangelo

Trade Green and get something b/c he should be in that list.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Karlsson/AP/Green.

Often I tell people that Green isn't worth the risk.
    Looking at your team, I think you might need to take a chance on a risk in order to win.
    Your forwards & goalies don't look strong enough to win in most points-only leagues... but if Mike Green were to be healthy for a full year, he might make you a serious contender.

In other words... Green because it's the High Reward that you need to compete... even if it is also "high risk".

Dobber Sports Stud

I would like to think that Karlsson/AP are locks.. which makes it either OEL or Green..

I'd prefer OEL.. but that's just me because I've been burnt by Green.. I hold strong feelings against him! lol
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Karlsson, AP and OEL. OEL is going to be a monster, I think he'll be top 5 fantasy d

Dobber Sports Deity

Karlsson
    Pietrangelo
    Green

Like others have said, the first two are easy choices. In a points only format I prefer Green over OEL. Dont get me wrong, i think OEL is going to be a very good (Norris type) D, but he is relied on heavily for his 2 way game in Phx. As long as Yandle is there, he will continue to be the main points guy. Plus I really like what Oates did with Washington last year. It took some time to get it going but they really looked good the second half of the season and a lot of that came from all their key parts, including Green.

Thats just my opinion for what its worth.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I would like to think that Karlsson/AP are locks.. which makes it either OEL or Green..

I'd prefer OEL.. but that's just me because I've been burnt by Green.. I hold strong feelings against him! lol
    Those were my thoughts as well...first two are locks but the third one I'm not so sure about.

If you want to take a homerun swing go for Green. I have a feeling that he'll be a lot harder to re-draft this coming season after he went on a late season tear. If you want a reliable up and coming young defenseman that MAY have a slightly smaller upside go with OEL.