Thread: Hedman Analysis and Value

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hedman Analysis and Value

Trying to get some thoughts on him besides my own going into next year (to see what his value is to others and if people think he will break out).

I'm looking at him primarily in my 1st league sig which I should be able to draft him fairly late in the draft (with the potential to keep him at his draft value going forward).

To me it seems like Hedman has been forgotten about by a lot of managers. After all the hype he had when he was first drafted the offensive side of his game has taken a while to really come around.

Based on last year his offensive game showed some signs of life, he put up very strong numbers while playing in the KHL and dominated in a few games in the NHL although the consistency wasn't there. 20 points in 44 games isn't bad (boarder line points for a D in this format) and with my league counting blocks he certainly going to help who ever drafts him.

The real question is though is he going to remain a 35 point player or will he be able to elevate his game to 45 maybe even 50 points? I fear that it may be as simple as to the amount of power play time Hedman gets. In which case he is behind Carle but not really anyone else (Salo maybe for the 3 games he will play).

What are your thoughts and did anyone plan on targeting Hedman this year (prior to reading this or thinking about potential break out D)
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask

Dobber Sports Pro

It is simply about PP time and he doesn't have the shot or puck control style to perform on the #1 unit. He can be a decent contributor at the bottom of your lineup though. Expect 30-35 pts.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    It is simply about PP time and he doesn't have the shot or puck control style to perform on the #1 unit. He can be a decent contributor at the bottom of your lineup though. Expect 30-35 pts.
    I disagree on the shot part. His snapper from 50 feet is amazing but agree on the rest. Plus, he's a turnover machine like few others. He's not close to being a true #1 in real life or fantasy.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne