Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Horvat/Shinkaruk

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Horvat/Shinkaruk

Well I kind of had a crush on both these but now they ended up in the same team who to go for ?

Is it Horvath becourse they traded Schneider to get him or could Shinkaruk pass him ?

Dobber Sports Genius

Well, do you play in a multi cat or a points only pool? Do you want a Backes type player or the Canucks next Ronning?

They both have significant upside and downside in my mind. The winner depends on how many or how few stats you count.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You take Horvath because of his draft position simply because it could influence a trade partner favorably.

I dunno - I had been convinced that Shinkaruk was the money and was trying to trade up some from 10th overall to ensure I could get him and I looked out the window to see him streaming earthward in the draft.

Its a Dynasty like the one in sig + pims. i am sitting on 5th and 10th overall pick and later.

I am most in need of Cs who winns a lot of faceoffs.

Banned

Horvat is much safer. I wouldn't touch Shinkaruk after this draft.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

shinkaruk reminds me of schroeder. i thought schroeder was gonna be a top pick and he ended up slipping to the nucks. we'll see if that's the case this time as well, but regardless you gotta go horvat. even though i think gillis is an idiot, if they see something that make him warrant being a top 10 selection, you may as well roll the dice with him.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Depends how soon you need 'em

Horvat's got the size and complete game to actually step in and play some 4th line minutes in a pinch for the 'Nucks, especially since he plays all 3 positions. Shinkaruk, on the other hand, is a bit smaller, and has a less well-rounded game (albeit still a good one) with more offensive flair. If you're willing to wait on the higher upside guy, go with Shinkaruk -- if you need a guy to step into your opening roster 1-2 years from now, go with Horvat.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin

Well they were both gone before my second pick. I ended up with Sean Monahan and Max Domi.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rookien View Post
    Well they were both gone before my second pick. I ended up with Sean Monahan and Max Domi.
    Haha you made out much better.

I really liked Shinkaruk but someone falling that much worries me.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Someone took Shinkurak over Monahan and Domi?

Dobber Sports Genius

Very nice, I think you wound up with better players than you were hoping for.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLucPicard View Post
    Someone took Shinkurak over Monahan and Domi?
    I took Monahan at 5th and Horvath at 7th and Shinkaruk was taken at 9th where i picked Domi at 10th.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    shinkaruk reminds me of schroeder. i thought schroeder was gonna be a top pick and he ended up slipping to the nucks. we'll see if that's the case this time as well, but regardless you gotta go horvat. even though i think gillis is an idiot, if they see something that make him warrant being a top 10 selection, you may as well roll the dice with him.
    The Schroeder comparison worries me to, but I like the fact he is from the WHL, been awhile since the Canucks drafted from that league.

On Horvat and being warranted a top tem pick, i found this interesting:

"The Hurricanes debated about taking Bo Horvat at No. 6 but decided on Elias Lindholm."
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Legend

Shinkaruk has the better chance exploding and being something special if he puts it all together. He could also bust completely. I don't think Horvat will ever be anything "special" offensively so I would much rather swing for the fences and hope Shinkaruk ends up somewhere between Tyler Ennis and Patrick Kane. If Horvat is LUCKY he'll end up giving you Mike Richards numbers - 47-60 a year. I'd pass on the blah and go boom or bust with Shinkaruk.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Shinkaruk has the better chance exploding and being something special if he puts it all together. He could also bust completely. I don't think Horvat will ever be anything "special" offensively so I would much rather swing for the fences and hope Shinkaruk ends up somewhere between Tyler Ennis and Patrick Kane. If Horvat is LUCKY he'll end up giving you Mike Richards numbers - 47-60 a year. I'd pass on the blah and go boom or bust with Shinkaruk.
    Horvat is way more than blah. People look at guys like him and Lazar and think they have no offense but that is far from the case. Seen far too many players like Shinkaruk in my day.