Thread: Keep 4 of 7 blue liners

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Keep 4 of 7 blue liners

dropping players in a few days. Limited keeper, have room for four of my blueliners. points g-8,a-7,shg-10,pim-1
    We play with the cap too, so cheap D is very desirable, insert joke here.

-m.d.z. 2.55
    -shattenkirk 4.250
    -faulk .900
    -smith no contract
    -ellis 1.440
    -streit 4.1 ?
    -mcbain 1.8

mdz,shatty,and faulk are three i'm keeping, cant decided between Smith and Ellis. Smith has a better chance to make an impact, nashville sucks all offensive upside out of its players it seems. Would love to hear back from you,
    who would you keep for next year?

thanks everyone!

Dobber Sports Padawan

If it is down to Smith and Ellis for you then I suggest Smith. I realize Ellis's upside is great but I just don't see it happening for him in Nashville. I really like Smith and see a breakout year coming. He's ready to go and fills out the peripheral stats as well.

Not sure what your cap situation is looking like but is Streit a consideration for you? He should outproduce Smith and Ellis this coming year for sure and might even wind up being in your top 2 Dmen.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like Streit, I just dont like spending to much on blueliners, when i can use that for a forward who will put up 70 poins over streits, possible 30?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfist138 View Post
    I like Streit, I just dont like spending to much on blueliners, when i can use that for a forward who will put up 70 poins over streits, possible 30?
    id be keeping streit too.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wonder what going to buffalo will do for Mcbain, though he will still be
    Down on the pecking order. Could be a boost though!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I keep Streit as well, will produce more points on PP than the other options

Dobber Sports Deity

If you can find room in your cap situation for Streit then I'd be keeping him. If money's tight, then go with Smith.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you can find room in your cap situation for Streit then I'd be keeping him. If money's tight, then go with Smith.
    Much agree with this post.
    14 team keeper Sim league
    40 player 100 year cap,
    C: Giroux, Barzal, Getzlaf, Koivu
    LW: Schenn, Labanc, Neal, Mikeyev, Benn
    RW: Voracek, Kucherov, Wheeler, Garland, Burakovsky
    D: Keith, Weber, Suter, Edler, E. Johnson, Stralman, Cernak
    G: Raanta, Korpisalo, Miller,

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfist138 View Post
    Streit is probably more 40+ for a defensemen. Like has been stated, if you want the cap savings, Smith, if you aren't pressed to the cap, keep Streit.

Dobber Sports Giant

I tend to agree with Thunderfist on this one; however, while I think Streit is pretty much a lock for 40+ points (as opposed to ~30), I don't think his cap-hit is anywhere close to his relative value to your club.

I'd be much more inclined to spend those all important saved cap-dollars on forwards who can contribute more high end production.

Between Smith and Streit, it's Smith for me.

As for the decision between Smith and Ellis, I'll throw my lot in with Smith again. First off, he's more proven on the big club and will be relied upon for heavier minutes in 2013-14 and going forward. Second, Nashville is stacked with legit young D prospects (in addition to Shea Weber): Ekholm, Jones, Josi, Bartley, etc. Ellis is going to he hard-pressed to get solid minutes going up against all that competition, so Smith definitely has the edge in opportunity as well.

Ultimately, I would go with Brendan Smith for the solid combination of upside / cap-savings / opportunity / proven NHL record (albeit not very extensive).

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Out of Ellis and Smith I would be keeping Ellis. His offensive potential dwarfs that of Smith's. He is not in the best situation in Nashville but even if he stays there will outperform Smith pts wise year in year out. If he gets moved (which I think is likely) it will not even be close long term.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Of note:
    80 PIM = 80pts
    10 G = 80pts

Most defensemen are NOT going to get 10 G... but there are defensemen that can get you 80 PIM. Brendan Smith is possibly one of them. I don't see Ryan Ellis being a PIM guy at the NHL level. For that (significant) reason, I'd leave him out.

Streit also contributes good PIM. (40-80 per year)

The five to debate (IMO) are:
    Shatty/Streit/MDZ/Faulk/B.Smith

As a value per dollar... I think they are all going to be really, really close.
    Shatty & Streit (age aside) are essentially the same player, by fantasy value.

Tough one here...
    I think I'd cut Streit - I'm not yet convinced the Flyer PP will be solid (even with Streit & Vinny added).