Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Rumour] Hemsky to Ottawa? [More Speculation than Anything...]

Administrator

Default [Rumour] Hemsky to Ottawa? [More Speculation than Anything...]

I don't have a source for this but I heard a rumour that Hemsky to Ottawa for Zach Smith was basically a done deal. Anyone hear anything like this? I'm drooling at the possibility that it's true.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Ottawa sports talk radio station Team 1200 is dismissing the rumour. They argued as to why they would trade a solid hard nose player for injury prone player who makes 5mil. They already have one of those players in Michalek.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Legend

Hemsky would fit right in with Spezza and Michalek - a full line of oft-injured players who make a boat load of cash.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya I threw this rumour out there the other day in the Ottawa Senators thread. Lots of smoke but tough to say how true it is.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

I hope this is just smoke. Ottawa needs more players like Smith and less players like Hemsky.
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by iamlilc View Post
    I hope this is just smoke. Ottawa needs more players like Smith and less players like Hemsky.
    So does Edmonton!!!!

Banned

Like I said in the Sens thread, you trade Smith 10 times out of 10 for Hemsky with the centre depth they already have.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think it would be an interesting trade for both sides, but likely Ottawa would end up getting a revitalized Hemsky and get the best deal. On the flip side Edmonton is in a position where they need to 'lose' a deal in order to change the dynamic of their roster. Makes sense for both teams in my opinion.

The Great One

I think this deal is going to happen. It just makes a lot of sense for both teams.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

one reason i don't think it will happen is that Ottawa trades are rarely rumoured before they happen.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I think it would be an interesting trade for both sides, but likely Ottawa would end up getting a revitalized Hemsky and get the best deal. On the flip side Edmonton is in a position where they need to 'lose' a deal in order to change the dynamic of their roster. Makes sense for both teams in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I think this deal is going to happen. It just makes a lot of sense for both teams.
    I freaking hope so!!!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Please Hockey Gods, do a beleagered Oiler fan a solid and make this deal happen. Mac-T is going to have to get rid of this guy before the season as there's no way Mr. Always Injured, Can't Play Hurt, Last guy on the ice at practice and first to leave Hemsky is gonna be able to play for Eakens.....I'm liking the guy a lot already, he's the demanding hardass coach this team needs, and lazy heartless players like Hemsky will not last long under him. Best to just trade him now.

I'm amazed that any GM in the league would want this guy at his price tag with his Grandmaster Bandaid Boy status and his crappy attitude. Hemsky is exactly the player we need to get rid of (I'd trade him for a pail of pucks), and Smith is exactly the type of player that we need....a young, hard-working, physical, heart and soul guy with some size. IF Mac-T could pull off a trade like this, he'd win my support in a hurry.
    Last edited by Shiva Blaster; June 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I am not a big Zack Smith fan but I have soured on Hemsky too. He is a fantastic player when healthy but that is few and far between.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Personally I am not a big Zack Smith fan but I have soured on Hemsky too. He is a fantastic player when healthy but that is few and far between.
    Smith would be the best faceoff man on the Oilers, plus he works his ass off and isn't afraid to throw his weight around. Plus his stickhandling is surprisingly good. I think he is the perfect 3rd line centre who could even find himself as the 2nd line centre on a team like the Oilers.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

Smith has tailed off since the first half of 11/12. He does carry the puck well for a third liner and is good defensively. He doesn't really hit to hurt and takes a lot of bad penalties. Has great character and work ethic though. Oilers could definitely use him more than Ottawa who have their future C's locked up already IMO.