Thread: Trading Letang (maybe)...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Trading Letang (maybe)...

Looking to trade Letang to acquire a Dman and picks to bolster my draft for next season. I made a few deals this past season where I lost some picks...with the injury issues and the possiblity that LEtang is headed out of Pitt I thought it best to move him now rather than wait it out.

I have it narrowed down to two possible deals as follows:

Letang + 5th for Weber + 7th
    this deal doesn't help my pick situation, but I love Weber and in our points setup he is a beast (hits, PIMS, points, etc.) You can argue that he is a better option than Letang in our system as he has out-pointed him in the past.

Letang + 7th for Shattenkirk + 4th
    this deal is better for me in terms of acquiring another 4th round pick (replaces the 3rd I lost last season) but instead of a guy like Weber I would get Shattenkirk. No slouch, but can he produce like Letang?

I have already attempted to acquire guys like Yandle and Pietrangelo but their owners are firm on not moving these players (even for Letang). I have not heard back from the OEL owner (but likely he will not agree to my deal which included several high draft picks coming back to me for some of my later round picks). I won't even bother asking for Subban after his performance last season....he is not being moved I can ssure you of that.

So to me I have it narrowed down to the two best options....in both cases, I will be giving Letang to teams with top notch Dmen (the Weber owner has Karlsson so not too excited to have what could be the two top offensive Dmen on the same squad while the Shattenkirk owner has Byfuglien, who also is a consistent producer in our league set-up).

Do I stay put with Letang or move him in one of these deals? I have owned him for many years now and just felt the time to move him was now...I like changing things up....

Signature has out keeper rules and scoring system (it is very comprehensive).

Thanks all...
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I assume the only time Weber has out scored Letang recently would be due to injuries. I don't like either deal. Weber is at best a straight across and you should probably be getting the better pick, don't like the Shattenkirk deal either. Letang is a 50-60 point defensman who gets pretty decent peripheral stats who becomes close to a PPG defensman on Pittsburgh. If he gets traded he's still a 60 point defensman at worst. Hold tight.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Weber is at best a straight across and you should probably be getting the better pick.
    I agree however, the Weber owner is a bit worried about the constant injury issues which is why the pick swap was "reversed"

I am ok with holding Letang.....

Thanks

I would have to look into the scoring comparison between the two. Likely you are spot on with the injuries, however, they do seem to be mounting up with Letang lately so in the end, regardless of GP, more points is more points which is why Weber intrigues me. IF he were to be moved to a team with some added ofeensive weapons, he could be even more of a threat to surpass Letang, especially is Letang is moved to a lesser team than Pitt. That being said, Letang's skills are top notch so who really knows. I try not to look at teams when assessing individual players.
    10 team, H2H Points, Limited Keeper (1C,2W,2D,1G,1 non G)

18 man roster plus 2 IR spots [20 total]
    start 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G; daily lineup changes

Stats: G,A,PPG,ENG,SHG,GWG,OTG,ShootOut Goals/Attemtps,Hat Tricks,+/-,FOW,PIMs,Majors,Misconducts,Hits,Blocked Shots
    Goalies Stats: W,Saves,Goals Against,SO

C: Tavares, Koivu, Backstrom, Johansen
    W: Lucic, Ladd, Eriksson, Komarov, Forsberg, Jenner
    D: Hedman, Ekblad, Niskanen, Yandle, Campbell
    G: Holtby, Schneider, Hammond
    IR: Anderson, Faulk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't see Weber ever being moved. Nashville will have paid him too much money in signing bonuses by the time they can trade him. I agree Letang's injuries are a bit troublesome, but none of them have really been recurring so that always worries me less. I don't really consider a player injury prone until they start getting a recurring injury.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would hold on to Letang out of these scenarios.

Weber is a very good return, but the pick swap is overkill.

Shattenkirk is quite a step down from Letang, so that's a definite no for me.
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett

Dobber Sports Wizard

Keep Letang. Defenceman with 65+ point ability don't grow on trees. He'll be fine where ever he plays. Can't believe guys in your league are passing on him. Un-real. SMH!!!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury