Thread: Potential injury prone forwards

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Potential injury prone forwards

A little bit different than the usual "who is injury prone?" question...

Who have you watched play who has an aggressive, reckless style of play who could easily become a "band-aid boy" but hasn't yet?

We always talk about the players who already have had long injury histories as band-aid boys, but there are surely some players who have basically been lucky to avoid injury. I'm talking about guys who go into the dirty areas, hit a lot, block shots, but somehow have managed to not get hurt. Sure, some players are more durable, but a lot of injuries are simply bad luck. Eventually, this type of player's luck will run out by virtue of the risks they take every game.

Any names?
    Last edited by pmorrow; June 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Forwards don't block a lot of shots (only two had more than 50 this past season), so you need to look at other things. I would look at players who are targeted by opposing players a lot, for whatever reason.

He's not a forward, but I'm thinking someone like P.K. Subban. He irritates so much and is so good that other teams will start going after him. That could lead to a lot of extra attention not needed.

A forward example would be Brad Marchand, but he's more protected on his team because there's so many tough players.

I think Brendon Gallagher will be injury-prone as well. So small and plays such a tough style, I can't see him staying healthy every season. Since being drafted, he's already been injured in juniors a couple of times in back-to-back seasons.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Monster

Thanks for the input, newfcollins. It seems inevitable that Gallagher gets injured for the reasons you mention, good call on that one.