36 83.72%
  • jonathan quick

7 16.28%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: protect lundqvist or quick

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quick over Lundqvist?!
    Sacre-bleu! You guys are nutty.

Lundqvist has four straight seasons over .920 SV% and under 2.40 GAA.
    Quick has two solid seasons, book-ended by two very "meh" seasons.

Jonny Quick had a .902 SV% this season.
    Nine-oh-two.

That was 34th best in the NHL.

Bernier & Quick played behind the same defense & the same forwards this year and Bernier was noticeably the better goalie.

How on earth are you guys seriously considering Quick over Lundqvist?

We are talking "regular season stats".
    Everybody knows that LA can buckle down and shut a team down... in a playoff series... they did it for four playoff series last year & two playoff series this year.

But... nine-oh-two.
    C'mon... nine-oh-two!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think that it is pretty even. Quick had his worst regulation season this year followed by a second straight outstanding playoffs. I know most fantasy leagues dont count playoffs but he has shown that he is a top tier goalie. He's also just 27 and arguably just entering his prime whereas Lundqvist is likely going to start declining in a few years (mid thirties). Quick is just one year removed from a regular season save % of .929 and sub 2.00 GAA. I might still pick Lundqvist but it shouldnt be as cut and dry as some people make it out to be IMO. Maybe try to make a trade? It sucks that you have to cut Quick and get nothing in return.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lundy, all day, every day. Look at his career stats and consistency, he is as safe of a bet as it comes with goalies. I think AV behind the bench will also bode very well for the Rags the next few years.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting moose View Post
    I think that it is pretty even. Quick had his worst regulation season this year followed by a second straight outstanding playoffs. I know most fantasy leagues dont count playoffs but he has shown that he is a top tier goalie. He's also just 27 and arguably just entering his prime whereas Lundqvist is likely going to start declining in a few years (mid thirties). Quick is just one year removed from a regular season save % of .929 and sub 2.00 GAA. I might still pick Lundqvist but it shouldnt be as cut and dry as some people make it out to be IMO. Maybe try to make a trade? It sucks that you have to cut Quick and get nothing in return.
    I'd agree if you were talking about forwards, but goalies are a whole other beast. Elite players, let alone elite goalies play at a high level well into their late 30's. Lundqvist should have at least 6 more elite seasons to play, I wouldn't hesitate to bet on 7+.

Even if it is his mid 30's that still provides four seasons! That is a looong time in fantasy hockey
    Last edited by hockeymanG23; June 21, 2013 at 5:03 AM.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yada yada Lundquist. Trade quick.