Thread: Another Pre-emptive "PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY KEEPERS" Thread

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Another Pre-emptive "PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY KEEPERS" Thread

OK...See Entire Team below (with believed to be Keepers in Bold...back when season ended).
    I don't think much has changed yet...but here's what I'm thinking (with all this Bernier/Bryzgalov/Ribiero/Gonchar talk going on...It's motivated me to start considering moves).

We keep 14...2 of each position (4 at D) and 2 utility...1 of those utility we can choose to use on a 3rd goalie.

My Take...

C: Tavares, Getzy
    L: Hall, Semin (LW eligible)
    R: Perry, Voracek
    D: Karlsson, Streit, OEL, Edler
    G: Rinne, Anderson
    U: Yakopov(for Sure)...but what about Bernier? I've been waiting SO LONG.

It this is the case, it leaves me with a few VERY GOOD players to drop or try to move...I'm not sure what I need to upgrade, and also not sure that any of the left overs will land any useful upgrade...likley just draft picks which can be usefull.

But hard to let these guys go for free:
    C-Ribeiro, C/L Cammaleri, D Gonchar, G Bryzgalov(esp...I paid a lot for him..what a bust).

less so - Heatley, Williams, Smith and Vokoun.

What say you?

Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I say ask again at your keeper deadline, when there is a good chance Bernier's situation will be much more clear. Especially with your title saying its pre-emptive. It's pretty tough to decide now, when you could wait a month and know where Bryz is, know where Ribiero signs, know where Bernier gets traded, etc. there's too many moving parts on your team to decide now when you don't have to.
    Last edited by rataylor22; June 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I say ask again at your keeper deadline, when there is a good chance Bernier's situation will be much more clear. Especially with your title saying its pre-emptive. It's pretty tough to decide now, when you could wait a month and know where Bryz is, know where Ribiero signs, know where Bernier gets traded, etc. there's too many moving parts on your team to decide now when you don't have to.
    While I know that you are right sir... You have also provided me with quite the downer this morning as I try to avoid doing work.

Ok...

I'll focus on reality rather than fantasy!

(My Career thanks you!)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Your keepers are right.
    The two UTIL are Yakupov + Bernier/Bryzgalov.

Just make the Bernier vs. Bryzgalov decision at your keeper deadline.
    There's still a possibility that Bryz signs elsewhere
    and there's still a possibility that Bernier is just a back-up next year.

No rush...

Sorry haha. If it helps I would keep Bernier over everyone you listed except for maybe Ribeiro, as long as he gets traded. Depending on what team he lands on will make that decision. Gonchar is old, I would see if you could trade him, and also see if you can trade Cammy. Might just have to take a loss on Bryzy, he doesn't have much value if he gets bought out.

Dobber Sports All-Star

If I had to make a choice today, I agree with your current keepers. I'm confident that Bryzgalov will be a starter somewhere if he gets bought out in PHI.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    If I had to make a choice today, I agree with your current keepers. I'm confident that Bryzgalov will be a starter somewhere if he gets bought out in PHI.
    Confusing me.

If you're confident Bryz will still be a starter (either in Philly this year, or elsewhere if he gets bought out)...then are you still taking the stance that Bernier is my final Keeper (utility and 3rd tender behind Rinne and Anderson)? Bryz, while a starter, is not worth keeping?

Maybe I misunderstood.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Your keepers are right.
    The two UTIL are Yakupov + Bernier/Bryzgalov.

Just make the Bernier vs. Bryzgalov decision at your keeper deadline.
    There's still a possibility that Bryz signs elsewhere
    and there's still a possibility that Bernier is just a back-up next year.

No rush...
    That is solid advice. I would be favouring Bryz though but really depends on how things play out.

Also how far off would Riberio be as the 2nd utility? That's a tougher drop.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Sorry haha. If it helps I would keep Bernier over everyone you listed except for maybe Ribeiro, as long as he gets traded. Depending on what team he lands on will make that decision. Gonchar is old, I would see if you could trade him, and also see if you can trade Cammy. Might just have to take a loss on Bryzy, he doesn't have much value if he gets bought out.
    NICE! Thanks for expanding. I knew you wouldn't let me do something stupid like focus on work! lol

I agree. Ribiero is really the biggest X factor for me followed closerly by Bryzgalov.

I paid the price to get Bryz 2 years ago and he's dissapointed since. I hate letting him go for nothing, but when I have Rinne, Anderson and the promise of Bernier... When is it justified to cut the cord...(hopefully I can get someone to pay a draft pick for Bryz).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    That is solid advice. I would be favouring Bryz though but really depends on how things play out.

Also how far off would Riberio be as the 2nd utility? That's a tougher drop.
    I'm just scorned as a Bryz owner. Having said that...if he was my 3rd tender behind Rinne and Anderson (both picked up last year)...it's a little easier to consider him. At the start of last year, my tenders where #1 Bryz and #2 Halak.

But still...I've been waiting on Bernier (Picked up...traded...dropped...picked up again) over the last 3 years. I REALLY want the excitement of having a young up and comming stud on my team and as a #3 tender woudl be perfect.

Want to catch Lightning in a bottle...(albeit rare to do) much like the GM's in my league who took a chance on Rinne in the day (when Vokoun left) and Quick. But can Bernier do the same? It would be fun to see.

All sound advice nonetheless.

AND I AGREE about Ribiero. Essentially after Yakupov, my final Utility spot will be decided on between Bernier, Brzy or Ribiero (depending on where he lands...and is there a better place for him than Washington?)

Dobber Sports Stud

I think if he re-signs, Riberio has to be a keeper.

Obviously inflated, but he had 27 PPP this shortened season! That's huge. And also gets a healthy dose of penalty minutes. And puts up solid points.

Depending how the goalie market is in your league, that would be my move!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I think if he re-signs, Riberio has to be a keeper.

Obviously inflated, but he had 27 PPP this shortened season! That's huge. And also gets a healthy dose of penalty minutes. And puts up solid points.

Depending how the goalie market is in your league, that would be my move!
    Well, we have 10 teams and the option to keep up to 3 Goalies, but 2 is a must. So right off the hop...the best 20 goalies are spoken for (I'd have 2 in Anderson and Rinne). Then as the other 9 GM's shuffle their orders, as many as 9 or 10 additional goalies could be snapped up. Mainly starters but I know guys like Elliot and Markstrom will be kept. Same goes for the Schneider/Luongo combo.

Usually 2 or 3 Goalies go in the first round. I currently have the 7th pick in the 1st round. So If I keep 2 goalies, my first overall pick almost needs to be a tender and I'd guess...Bernier and Bryz will be snapped up with the top 5 picks provided Bryz is confirmed a starter somewhere and the same for Bernier.

The value of a quality 3rd tender just tips the scales a bit away from Ribiero when I already have Tavares and Getz up the middle. And Center is usually a very deep (if not the deepest) position.

Definitely a wait and see...or try to trade Ribeiro which I did last season and had no takers. The league knows I will likely drop Rib's so they want to hold out on me. I suppose ANYTHING is better than losing him for nothing.

I think it would be easier to redraft Ribiero or a similar replacement than it would be to redraft a start with the capability that Bernier or Bryz (in a different system) have. Center definitely is the deepest position in fantasy hockey, so really only the top guys are must keeps.