Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Offered Kessel.....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

This thread baffles me.

I take Kessel for #5 in a prospect draft and run.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLucPicard View Post
    This thread baffles me.

I take Kessel for #5 in a prospect draft and run.
    Im glad this BAFFLES you but if you would read its not a simple prospect draft... he wants my 1st and 2nd or 3rd and the draft includes anyone under 100 games its a brand new league. So yea when it comes to names like Huberdeau, Kadri, Galchenyuk, Mackinnnon, Druin and so on... not to mention the fact that i said i didnt like kessel, i would like others opinions before i decline simply based on the fact that im not a fan.
    Thanks though everyone else you've been helpful.
    Im going to try and get as much as i can before i make a deal but if the player i like is available when it comes to me then obviously im not going to trade.
    G / A / PTS / PIMS / +/- / PPP / SOG / Hits+Blocks/ TOI
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I commission a league where a prospect is defined as any player with 82 or less regular season games played in their career and our drafts are also separated between pro and prospects. So I know how this goes.

You'll have a lot of great options no matter what at number five especially if the 100 game limit applies to goalies too. You'll have Barkov, Mackinnon, Drouin, Schneider, Huberdeau, Markstrom, Holtby, Yakupov, etc. as choices in that draft and more I didn't even list.

If the offer were still Kessel then I'd say flat-out no to that. However, Giroux for fifth overall prospect draft and Stepan is a pretty good offer. He can get a good deal out of that too, but for you Giroux is far better then Stepan and any player picked at number five only has the potential to be as impactful as Giroux. So I'd take the trade for Giroux.
    Last edited by NewGarbageGoal; June 21, 2013 at 2:40 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

my only thing is... hes willing to move kessel for 5th and 3rd(cheaper) and Giroux for Stepan and the 5th. i think that Stepan and Kessel together would accumulate quit a bit more points then Giroux alone, dont you agree?
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by shanny_drw View Post
    my only thing is... hes willing to move kessel for 5th and 3rd(cheaper) and Giroux for Stepan and the 5th. i think that Stepan and Kessel together would accumulate quit a bit more points then Giroux alone, dont you agree?
    How large is the league and where does your third round pick land? With a 100 game limit on prospects you could have a very large amount of good talent to pick from even at the third round depending on these things.

You should tell him what you just said though and see if he makes the offer better though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by NewGarbageGoal View Post
    How large is the league and where does your third round pick land? With a 100 game limit on prospects you could have a very large amount of good talent to pick from even at the third round depending on these things.

You should tell him what you just said though and see if he makes the offer better though.
    Its a 16 team league very deep though 4c 4rw 4lw 6d 2g 8bench and 15 round prospect

I know yakupov is getting picked 1st guy is short on RW... there is alot of talent available thats why im contemplating not trading the 5th i like huberdeau alot and i feel hes going to be a great player as well as mackinnon and Druin thats why its tough to move
    hes getting more offers for Giroux he likes my Stepan and the 5th the best but i think hes just trying to put some pressure on me.
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by shanny_drw View Post
    Its a 16 team league very deep though 4c 4rw 4lw 6d 2g 8bench and 15 round prospect

I know yakupov is getting picked 1st guy is short on RW... there is alot of talent available thats why im contemplating not trading the 5th i like huberdeau alot and i feel hes going to be a great player as well as mackinnon and Druin thats why its tough to move
    hes getting more offers for Giroux he likes my Stepan and the 5th the best but i think hes just trying to put some pressure on me.
    He's for sure putting the pressure on otherwise he wouldn't have gone at it again with the Giroux offer.

If I were you I'd hold on to the 5th and Stepan and see how far he'll bend with his trade offers. Anything considerably better then the Giroux offer you'll have to take.

The Giroux offer could go either way in all fairness. Depends on where you think Stepan will end up in his career. There will be guaranteed elite talent at fifth overall with that 100 game limit which is why I suggest waiting it out and putting the pressure on him as well.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by NewGarbageGoal View Post
    He's for sure putting the pressure on otherwise he wouldn't have gone at it again with the Giroux offer.

If I were you I'd hold on to the 5th and Stepan and see how far he'll bend with his trade offers. Anything considerably better then the Giroux offer you'll have to take.

The Giroux offer could go either way in all fairness. Depends on where you think Stepan will end up in his career. There will be guaranteed elite talent at fifth overall with that 100 game limit which is why I suggest waiting it out and putting the pressure on him as well.
    i totally agree man thanks for the advice im going to hold out and wait till draft day... if he really wants it hell pony up, if the deals not there then i still have an elite player to draft
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

so ive been informed the draft is going like this:
    1: Yakupov
    2: Huberdeau
    3: unknown
    4: Mackinnon if not selected 3rd...

so im inclined to move the pick seeing as my 2 big looks are gone, being huberdeau and mackinnon
    W / GAA / SV / SV%