Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Offered Kessel.....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Offered Kessel.....

So i dont like kessel.
    This is brand new league we just drafted and we now have the prospect draft.
    Prospects are anyone under 100 games. SO this draft includes anyone under 100 games as well as this years draft class.
    I have the #5 pick in the draft and was offered Kessel, wants another pick along with the 1st.... what do you think

Scoring
    G A P +/- PIMS PPP SOG HITS Blocks Time On Ice
    G / A / PTS / PIMS / +/- / PPP / SOG / Hits+Blocks/ TOI
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just so you know this is a full keeper 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 8Reserve 15 propsect
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Expert

Depends on who you plan on taking with #5 overall. There must be some serious young studs there.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed, this entirely hinges on who you might be able to obtain at #5 and with the other pick.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You would really have to list who is available... which we don't know.

In a straight prospect draft, fantasy-wise, only the top two picks have significant keeper value (MacK & Drouin). Even Seth Jones doesn't have significant "fantasy" value.

However, if there are other young players available such as Yakupov, Huberdeau, Schultz... well, if the #5 pick can land you one of those players, you might keep it.
    If the #5 pick is only Lindholm (assuming MacK, Drouin, Barkov, and Nichushkin are off the board)... I'd definitely prefer Kessel.

Overall, most leagues are about top end keepers & Kessel (love him or hate him) is an excellent fantasy player.

List the top 5 available prospects AND the extra draft pick you'd have to offer.
    Then people can really help you. (Currently, the value of that #5 pick is too vague).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Well the draft includes any player under 100 games played as well as this years draft class #1 is yakupov we haven't drafted yet but the guy came out and said that's who he's taking so I think I may wait and see who's available at #5
    The guy came back and offered Giroux for the #5 and derek Stepan... Still want to keep it what you think?
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Superstar

So is the rule that any player under 100 games not allowed to be rostered unless they are a draft pick? Or are there some players who were picked up off the waiver wire who are ineligible for drafting?

Now that he's putting Giroux in play, I think you need to give moving the #5 pick and Stepan serious consideration. That might be a trade I make.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd take the Giroux and Stepan immediately. You get a nice young player in Stepan and Giroux is Giroux. That guy has a serious broner for someone he thinks he can snag at five. Can't be better then the two he is giving up...
    IMO of course.
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Expert

Don't forget that you will be picking around the 28th pick in your prospect draft if you do this move,some of those young stud you want might be gone... It's definitely a very good offer that his sent to you.

The question you have to ask yourself is : Is my team going to be better with Giroux or with whoever you'll draft at #5 and Derek Stepan.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would be way more inclined to take Giroux for your 5th and Steps than the initially proposed trade for Kessel. Both trades would make my ears ring, but this most recent one with Giroux would be what I think is a slam dunk for my team.

The previous poster has it right though, does it make your team better ? do you know roughly who would land in the 5th overall spot ?
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Stewpaloop View Post
    I'd take the Giroux and Stepan immediately. You get a nice young player in Stepan and Giroux is Giroux. That guy has a serious broner for someone he thinks he can snag at five. Can't be better then the two he is giving up...
    IMO of course.
    I have Stepan.. He wants my Stepan and the 5th for giroux
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Chill View Post
    I would be way more inclined to take Giroux for your 5th and Steps than the initially proposed trade for Kessel. Both trades would make my ears ring, but this most recent one with Giroux would be what I think is a slam dunk for my team.

The previous poster has it right though, does it make your team better ? do you know roughly who would land in the 5th overall spot ?
    I told him I'm going to wait till draft day... I pick 5th and I think Stepan is a number 1 center on NY and I think he puts up great numbers all around. I know yakupov is going 1st I hoping the either huberdeau Mackinnon or Druin makes it to me I'm thinking one of them will. Also the likes of Kadri galchenyuk and Gallagher in this draft too soo well see what happens
    Thanks for the help guys
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't see how I'd be able to pass on either offer really.

With the #5 pick I'd be looking at Mac (doubtful that he's available), Yakupov (doubtful), Drouin (doubtful), Huberdeau (likely available), Markstrom (likely) or possible even Bernier if he's moved (likely available as well)....not sure if Schneider has 100 games played or not but he'd be a top 5 pick if he's eligible

So with this in mind I'd gladly move one of Huberdeau, Markstrom or Bernier (or another available prospect for Kessel straight up. I wouldn't hesitate making that move). I'd also move Drouin straight up for Kessel.

So if you agree with this, you consider the Giroux offer like Kessel+Stepan for him. Seems like a fair offer for both sides. Given you're league size and cats I personally would rather keep Kessel+Stepan but I can easily understand the argument of obtaining Giroux.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I dont need a goalie from that pick, he wants the #5 and then a 2nd for kessel.. my only problem is i hate kessel and his style of play i think hes lazy. I think i want to wait to see whos available to draft before i make any deal seems like this guy is big on obtaining prospects so he said the offer stands until draft day. Schneider is over 100 BTW.
    W / GAA / SV / SV%

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by shanny_drw View Post
    I dont need a goalie from that pick, he wants the #5 and then a 2nd for kessel.. my only problem is i hate kessel and his style of play i think hes lazy. I think i want to wait to see whos available to draft before i make any deal seems like this guy is big on obtaining prospects so he said the offer stands until draft day. Schneider is over 100 BTW.
    Why not pinch him for a little more then? Propose a return that you will be comfortable with. Giroux is a great start, and you can likely get yourself a fantastic return if this guy is big on prospects. Who else does he have?