Thread: Bobrovsky/Anderson/Yandle/B.Connolly for Lundy/Spezza

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Bobrovsky/Anderson/Yandle/B.Connolly for Lundy/Spezza

Thoughts for team in sig. Roster limit is 29 players.
    12 GM Dynasty League, Weekly H2H
    Skaters - points only.
    Goalies - 2 pts for W, 1 pt for T, 3 pts for SO
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per week
    Roster size - 31 players max

C - Hischier, R. Thomas, Reinhart, Lundell, Trochek, Horvat, Mittlestadt, Turcotte, McMichael
    LW - Connor, Bratt, verhaeghe, Boldy, Lafreniere, Slafkovsky
    RW - Caufield, Tolvanen, Batherson, Holtz, Podkolzin
    D - Fox, Nurse, Provorov, Perunovich, Lundkvist
    G - Gibson, Binnington, Fleury, Murray, Wallstedt, Annunen, Schmid, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Superstar

Bob and Anderson are two starters coming of pretty significant years, and Yandle is a decent defensemen in points only. Spezza is also an excellent C for points only, but is a significant injury risk.

I like the idea of upgrading to Lundqvist, but I don't like the price you are paying. I would like to keep one of Bob or Anderson as your second goalie, and move Bryzgalov or Varlamov instead. I also don't like Spezza coming back because of his injury history, but could live with that. I don't see Connolly as anything special so I would be ok letting him go, and you have enough D depth to absorb the Yandle loss.

Bottom line, I would try to keep one of Bob and Anderson and move Bryzgalov or Varlamov instead, and try to get a less injury prone C back instaed of Spezza. I would love Bob/Yandle or Anderson/Yandle for Lundqvist, then move one of Bryz/Varlamov or both for a better forward.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Any other thoughts on this? I really like the idea of adding a guaranteed stud in net and a legit #1 c (when actually healthy).
    I see Anderson as a quality starter with a very strong back up that should be slowly taking over the reins. Bobrovsky has only shown brilliance for one year, Jim Carrey anyone?
    12 GM Dynasty League, Weekly H2H
    Skaters - points only.
    Goalies - 2 pts for W, 1 pt for T, 3 pts for SO
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per week
    Roster size - 31 players max

C - Hischier, R. Thomas, Reinhart, Lundell, Trochek, Horvat, Mittlestadt, Turcotte, McMichael
    LW - Connor, Bratt, verhaeghe, Boldy, Lafreniere, Slafkovsky
    RW - Caufield, Tolvanen, Batherson, Holtz, Podkolzin
    D - Fox, Nurse, Provorov, Perunovich, Lundkvist
    G - Gibson, Binnington, Fleury, Murray, Wallstedt, Annunen, Schmid, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Initiate

In this situation I think I would trade Yandle and Connolly for Spezza. Like you say, he is a quality #1 C when he is healthy, but he comes with a pretty significant injury risk. Now is the time to move Bobrovsky. Fresh off his Vezina win his value is huge, but he risk that he might Carrey is fairly high too. The perfect example of that would was Mason a few years ago. Everyone thought he would be a perennial Vezina candidate after his Calder season, and he really did make that team competitive (albeit with a lot of help from Hitchcock's system) but there wasn't any reason for him to fall off the way he did. Bobrovsky could easily do the same thing. The shortened season, combined with people not expecting the BJs to be any good, probably helped more than people give it credit for. Teams will come in having studied Bob much more closely, and over a full season his numbers will definitely decline, although it's anyone's guess as to how much. Anderson has been great and terrible, on and off, since he has become a starter. He was great this year, but also injured. I'd think he will split starts more next year than he did this year. Just a hunch though.

I think I'd go for it. Best player wins. Amongst the goalies that's obviously Lundy, and amongst the skaters that's Spezza - the way I see it anyways. You'd lose some depth in net, but you have to gut your depth a bit to land guys of Lundqvist's calibre.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper