Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Kings and Bernier

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    NYI, Phi, Min and Fla are the latest teams I am seeing... what is Florida's angle having interest with Markstrom on the cusp?
    Yeah, I don't get the Florida inclusion here. I'd replace them with Toronto (agree or not) with the first 3 you noted here ONE.

But I have no idea where exactly he will end up. I still think NJ is interesting but not sure they can afford to make the move for him. Tack on the existing financial peril, I'd sooner he not end up there.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the Florida inclusion here. I'd replace them with Toronto (agree or not) with the first 3 you noted here ONE.

But I have no idea where exactly he will end up. I still think NJ is interesting but not sure they can afford to make the move for him. Tack on the existing financial peril, I'd sooner he not end up there.
    Forgot about Toronto. NJ would be cellar for him. The ideal situation for me is if he ends up on the island
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Forgot about Toronto. NJ would be cellar for him. The ideal situation for me is if he ends up on the island
    I agree with you here ONE. The New York (I wish they'd change their name to Brooklyn) Islanders are probably the best fit for him. A couple years ago that statement would have made me cringe as an owner...but they are looking better and better each year and may be a nice little addition to finally solidify long term what has plagued NYI for so long.

As long as Snow lands a D or 2. (or replace Snow all together...bring in someone who's less of a loss cannon).

Dobber Sports Wizard

Snow is a bit frugal and has yet to commit to the future of the position... Nabokov, Thomas.... He needs to nail it down. Just read that Nino is thinking of signing across seas. If there is any truth to this, Snow may as well deal him before he loses him and gets nothing. It would only make sense to give Nino his chance elsewhere if it won't be in NYai and also solidify a problem spot for an up and coming team for years to come.
    Last edited by One87; June 20, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

W:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Snow is a bit frugal and has yet to commit to the future of the position... Nabokov, Thomas.... He needs to nail it down. Just read that Nino is thinking of signing across seas. If there is any truth to this, Snow may as well deal him before he loses him and gets nothing. It would only make sense to give Nino his chance elsewhere if it won't be in NYai and also solidify a problem spot for an up and coming team for years to come.
    Great point.

And is Nino > Read?

Who would Toronto have to send packing to land a Bernier?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Great point.

And is Nino > Read?

Who would Toronto have to send packing to land a Bernier?

Nino better than Read... no. Well, at least not right NOW. He definitely has a higher ceiling and that may be more appealing in a deal for a guy like Bernier who has a high ceiling.

The Kings need wingers, badly. The name I keep seeimg floating around for Toronto is Frattin. Both he and Read look the part. I don't know if they alone get it done for Bernier. I'm not saying either would be a bad deal as much as it may be a case of LA having no pressure to move him.

W:

Dobber Sports Sage

Nino better than Read... no. Well, at least not right NOW. He definitely has a higher ceiling and that may be more appealing in a deal for a guy like Bernier who has a high ceiling.

The Kings need wingers, badly. The name I keep seeimg floating around for Toronto is Frattin. Both he and Read look the part. I don't know if they alone get it done for Bernier. I'm not saying either would be a bad deal as much as it may be a case of LA having no pressure to move him.
    I personally think that Frattin brings more then Read but suspect that neither alone would get it done. I think it would take either of those guys plus at least a second to get it done.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Wizard

No details, but this link suggests that Tor is creating distance from other teams for Bernier's services:

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...call-bryzgalov

W:

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No details, but this link suggests that Tor is creating distance from other teams for Bernier's services:

What's wrong with Reimer/Scrivens? I thought they would be in the market for a Vokoun type with experience. Jersey and Iles both make sense.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting moose View Post
    What's wrong with Reimer/Scrivens? I thought they would be in the market for a Vokoun type with experience. Jersey and Iles both make sense.
    I know a lot of Leaf fans have love for Reimer but as someone whom watched him play everyday he is horrible. His rebound control is atrocious, his positioning is absurd and his glove hand is worse then Crawfords. His number this year were a fluke and it impossible for him to sustain them over a full year. Nonis see's this very well and that is why he has done everything in his power to obtain a goalie since he took over for Burke.

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Just to let you know Timmy P isnt really a reliable source. He is very lazy in his reporting and either rehashes whats already out there or makes up his own stuff. He is a philly beat writer but seen as a joke by fans and the organization.

Pronger would consistently make fun of him during interviews.

Not saying it isnt true but i would need more than TimmyP's word on it to believe it.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheRook View Post
    Just to let you know Timmy P isnt really a reliable source.
    I second this.

Timmy P. is horrific. Outside of Bill Meltzer, the Flyers beat writers as a whole are putrid. The other day Timmy suggested the Flyers would deal Voracek+ for Bernier and another Flyers beat writer suggested Couturier and the 11th overall. #smh.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I second this.

Timmy P. is horrific. Outside of Bill Meltzer, the Flyers beat writers as a whole are putrid. The other day Timmy suggested the Flyers would deal Voracek+ for Bernier and another Flyers beat writer suggested Couturier and the 11th overall. #smh.

I seen both of those the other day and the Couturier + made me LOL literally! Voracek straight up does not seem out of line to me though.

I'm going to put this down right here. Berniers mechanics are super, he will be one of the top 10 goalies in the game once he is given the chance to start somewhere.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If the Kings acquired Voracek for Bernier, wow, that would be a nice return.. Voracek is on his way up, he is going to get some major points in this league..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

I tend to expect prices for Bernier to be set by previous trades. Bishop for Conacher. Halak for Eller. In both case a forward with decent upside but hardly an established preformer. Frattin fits in that mold. Nino too. Read isn't far off. Voracek seems a bit too much.